Crop Circles

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Crop Circles

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:05 pm Dropping messages on corn fields is a bit antiquated, I mean, you'd think who ever is doing this, would have dreamt up a more technologically advanced method than that.
How much can human beings handle all at once? Maybe it's part of a gradual revelation to get humans ready for more?

What if some kind of non-physical 'reality' is at work? It need not be what we see or imagine as aliens. It could be through ourselves.

Many humans sense a non-physical quality/aspect of themselves. How shocking might it be to realize how much more non-physical influence/ability is at work in all ways and all things? Perhaps we are plugged into the creation of all that we experience -- including all that we resist and blame on otherness. What is behind the physical reality that we're so sure of?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:05 pmWhy didn't they just intercept the internet...
Well, probably, we would either dismiss that and blame it on a country and cause a war -- or we'd be driven mad by the sudden revelation of all we don't know. Christians would accelerate the Apocalypse... world leaders would claim to be representatives of superior alien races to lure more voters... people would be jumping off of overpasses, and there would be more mass shootings, etc.

Look at all the crap that people are already making up despite all to the contrary right in front of them. We are not ready... corn fields are all we can handle. :lol:

But... just as we can look into the night sky to see how much more there is than our little planet... we could also consider how much more there might be at work than physical reality. And that's what really interests me -- not the forms it takes. People argue over the forms... which could be anything... and that seems very shallow.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Excuses, excuses LW you'll defend you're ideas because you always want more, for you, there is always more to discover. That's the seekers path.
A path that leads to nowhere, which is already here right now.

I'm not denying you you're beliefs, you are free to believe in anything you want, if that is a 'Higher Power' then believe for all it's worth and value, if that's what you need in you're life.

It's just that I personally can only know what I know, and what I do know is that whatever I think I know, is what I make-up. I have no other source of knowledge that I know of other than what I make-up, using my own mind/imagination/head. For me here, there is nothing higher that I can know other than my own human awareness. I can speculate, but where will that speculation take me, or benefit me when I'm dead.
The consciousness in you is the same consciousness in me, same but different in content that's all. Many authors appear, many stories are written, but there is only one reader of all stories. Your story book is different to mine, that's all...but we can all read each others stories, because we are all that same one reader.

There is simply what's happening, and no one or thing is making what's happening happen, nor is there any one or thing to stop what's happening. There is nothing MORE to it than that.

Time is what stops everything from happening all at once. You and me, live in time. That's the only thing we can know. The place where time happens.
accelafine

Post by accelafine »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:29 pm Image

Message encoded in the circle reads: “Beware the bearers of false gifts and their broken promises. Much pain, but still time. Believe! There is good out there. We oppose deception. Conduit closing (bell sound.)”

_____

DAM response: Hey, you unidentified faceless extraterrestrial twits, why don't you show us minions the image of your true and real authentic face then. If you oppose deception, then fess up as to whom is causing this deception, man or you.

Or are you just a coward like God, failing to show up and deal with all human deceptions and failures head on, face to face. Why not just FACE the carnage directly instead of leaving messages of hope as and through the medium of flattened corn. Indeed, pull the other one, it's got bells on.
Ok. So people are getting better at doing it (if these photos are genuine). How 'unusual' for humans to 'get better' at doing something, with practice :shock:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:24 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:24 pm

What paltry "evidence" comes from the 16thC is more likely to be simple whirlwinds which can make similar shapes.
But there is nothing of the kind of designs we see, and I do not think any images.
I'm just saying, the idea for crop circles has been around a long time, before D&D thought about making them with basic planks of wood and rope.

Who knows how the more precise and intricate circles are made these days, I have absolutely no idea.
But the likely hood is that we are confusing things that seem similar but are different.

If you take a look at Giants Causeway, anyone would think that it was an ancient sculture. The same structures appear in cosmology. Perfectly natural with scientific explanation.

As for the much talked about 16thC - actually 17thC.
I'm not sure this is a valid bit of evidence.
If it is the image is not much of a circle, and nt very sophisticated.
And maybe out two friends who claimed to invent them in the 70s had seen this and thought it a great jape to keep the myth going..
crap circle.jpg
crap circle.jpg (51.04 KiB) Viewed 2409 times
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

accelafine wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:01 pm
Ok. So people are getting better at doing it (if these photos are genuine). How 'unusual' for humans to 'get better' at doing something, with practice :shock:
I have never personally seen a human making a crop circle. I've only heard news stories that humans make them. So yes, I agree, humans that do make them would no doubt get better at making them with practice, practice makes perfect so I've heard.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:02 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:24 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:24 pm

What paltry "evidence" comes from the 16thC is more likely to be simple whirlwinds which can make similar shapes.
But there is nothing of the kind of designs we see, and I do not think any images.
I'm just saying, the idea for crop circles has been around a long time, before D&D thought about making them with basic planks of wood and rope.

Who knows how the more precise and intricate circles are made these days, I have absolutely no idea.
But the likely hood is that we are confusing things that seem similar but are different.

If you take a look at Giants Causeway, anyone would think that it was an ancient sculture. The same structures appear in cosmology. Perfectly natural with scientific explanation.

As for the much talked about 16thC - actually 17thC.
I'm not sure this is a valid bit of evidence.
If it is the image is not much of a circle, and nt very sophisticated.
And maybe out two friends who claimed to invent them in the 70s had seen this and thought it a great jape to keep the myth going..
crap circle.jpg
Yes, I agree with you on all these points.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

Message encoded in the circle reads: “Beware the bearers of false gifts and their broken promises. Much pain, but still time. Believe! There is good out there. We oppose deception. Conduit closing (bell sound.)”

_____

DAM response: Hey, you unidentified faceless extraterrestrial twits, why don't you show us minions the image of your true and real authentic face then. If you oppose deception, then fess up as to whom is causing this deception, man or you.

Or are you just a coward like God, failing to show up and deal with all human deceptions and failures head on, face to face. Why not just FACE the carnage directly instead of leaving messages of hope as and through the medium of flattened corn. Indeed, pull the other one, it's got bells on.
no, the message in the circle reads :"Buy Space Boy Pizza!"

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

And then, The Disney Mouse changed everything …

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pm Excuses, excuses LW
Excuses? Where?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pmyou'll defend you're ideas because you always want more, for you, there is always more to discover.
I'm talking about potential. What am I defending?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pm That's the seekers path.
According to who?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pm I'm not denying you you're beliefs, you are free to believe in anything you want, if that is a 'Higher Power' then believe for all it's worth and value, if that's what you need in you're life.
What do you believe I believe, DAM? :lol: What do you need which makes you say all that you say?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pm I can speculate, but where will that speculation take me, or benefit me when I'm dead.
Then you just sit there in your holier-than-thou supposed state of non-speculation, pissing on any other speculations. That's real smart. While preaching to me about all the stuff I already agree with.

What is behind your need to shutdown people from living? What the fuck difference does it make whether you think it's real or not?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:02 pm If it is the image is not much of a circle, and nt very sophisticated.
Probably hard to depict in a woodcut depiction of the time. :)
Sculptor wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:02 pm And maybe out two friends who claimed to invent them in the 70s had seen this and thought it a great jape to keep the myth going..
Sure! Or maybe humans easily come up with similar ideas about what to do in a field of crops. That 'original' one could have been created by two friends also.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:21 pm no, the message in the circle reads :"Buy Space Boy Pizza!"
:lol:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

I suppose there could be a space alien up there saying "How much more fucking proof do they need!!!"

But some how I doubt it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:46 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pm Excuses, excuses LW
Excuses? Where?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pmyou'll defend you're ideas because you always want more, for you, there is always more to discover.
I'm talking about potential. What am I defending?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pm That's the seekers path.
According to who?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pm I'm not denying you you're beliefs, you are free to believe in anything you want, if that is a 'Higher Power' then believe for all it's worth and value, if that's what you need in you're life.
What do you believe I believe, DAM? :lol: What do you need which makes you say all that you say?
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:52 pm I can speculate, but where will that speculation take me, or benefit me when I'm dead.
Then you just sit there in your holier-than-thou supposed state of non-speculation, pissing on any other speculations. That's real smart. While preaching to me about all the stuff I already agree with.

What is behind your need to shutdown people from living? What the fuck difference does it make whether you think it's real or not?
Triggered much.

You are in defence mode against scepticism.

You’ve already preempted the thread title would attract sceptics.

Be careful what you wish for 😉
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:21 pm

_____

no, the message in the circle reads :"Buy Space Boy Pizza!"

-Imp
Wait till the earthlings see the koolade one. .nothing beats the space boy pizza like a good old washing down with a bottle of koolade..
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:06 pm Triggered much. Blah, blah, blah.
8)