The Greatest God Debate In History | Jordan Peterson vs Matt Dillahunty

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: The Greatest God Debate In History | Jordan Peterson vs Matt Dillahunty

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:27 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:14 pm

You cannot understand that I am arguing in favor or against God but I am arguing that one cannot rule out the idea of God by striving in the problem of natural evil.
Yes, you are right, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Natural evil exists, so does good, both experiences known to the human mind do not need to be proven or disproven.
Again, do you know what natural evil entails for those who believe that God is good hence his creation must be good?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:33 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:14 pm

You cannot understand that I am arguing in favor or against God but I am arguing that one cannot rule out the idea of God by striving in the problem of natural evil.

Natural evil exists, so does good, both experiences known to the human mind do not need to be proven or disproven.
Again, do you know what natural evil entails for those who believe that God is good hence his creation must be good?
Again, I have no experience of God. So you can talk about a God until you are blue in the face, I have no idea what you are referring to except as someone else's belief, which is not mine.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:35 pm

Again, I have no experience of God. So you can talk about a God until you are blue in the face, I have no idea what you are referring to except as someone else's belief, which is not mine.
Hell yeah, I am not talking about your belief but others.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:40 pm
Hell no, I wouldn't dream of talking about other peoples beliefs. I listen, then make up my own mind, as to it's validity or truth. I don't just blindly believe some other's belief that does not resonate with me first.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:03 pm
Hell no, I wouldn't dream of talking about other peoples beliefs. I listen, then make up my own mind, as to it's validity or truth. I don't just blindly believe some other's belief that does not resonate with me first.
Good for you.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:12 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:03 pm
Good for you.
Yes, good for me, good exists. And God doesn’t. God is never anyone’s direct experience. It’s a mythical entity, not real.

But do carry on with your mythical stories about mythical entities that are unknowable and untestable if that’s what entertains you.