The Greatest God Debate In History | Jordan Peterson vs Matt Dillahunty

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The Greatest God Debate In History | Jordan Peterson vs Matt Dillahunty

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:25 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:11 pm
Yes, so what?
What's the fact that evil and good exists, got to do with an unprovable unknowable God?
I already mentioned that. I am not here to argue the existence of God. I am saying that God cannot be disproven considering natural evil.
There is no argument about whether God can be proven or disproven, the idea is already a false dichotomy, and unknowable.

I am talking about the knowable in the here and now, which is evil and good exist as a fact, and has nothing to do with God.

You were the one who dropped the comment: ( God is both evil and good )

God is good and evil.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:36 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:28 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:25 pm

What's the fact that evil and good exists, got to do with an unprovable unknowable God?
I already mentioned that. I am not here to argue the existence of God. I am saying that God cannot be disproven considering natural evil.
There is no argument about whether God can be proven or disproven, the idea is already a false dichotomy, and unknowable.

I am talking about the knowable in the here and now, which is evil and good exist as a fact, and has nothing to do with God.

You were the one who dropped the comment: ( God is both evil and good )

God is good and evil.
Ok, I should have said that "God could be good or evil if He exists".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:03 pm Ok, I should have said that "God could be good or evil if He exists".

God has nothing do with evil and good. The knowledge of evil and good is a self-evident fact. Both good and evil are actual experiences, and known in their concepts, in this conception.

God is never an experience.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:36 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:03 pm Ok, I should have said that "God could be good or evil if He exists".

God has nothing do with evil and good. The knowledge of evil and good is a self-evident fact. Both good and evil are actual experiences, and known in their concepts, in this conception.

But some people think that natural evil must be due to God. God is good. Therefore there is a contradiction, so-called the problem of evil. All I am saying is that if God, assuming that He exists, is evil, then the problem is resolved.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:41 pm

But some people think that natural evil must be due to God. God is good. Therefore there is a contradiction, so-called the problem of evil. All I am saying is that if God, assuming that He exists, is evil, then the problem is resolved.
Natural evil is due to natural evil. Natural good is due to natural good.

God has nothing to do with these natural facts.

You're the one causing the contradiction when you claim God is good, a God that you have previously claimed to be unknowable and untestable.

The problem of evil is not solved. The problem of evil will always exist, just as good will always exist. Not a problem is a problem.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:37 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:41 pm

Natural evil is due to natural evil. Natural good is due to natural good.

God has nothing to do with these natural facts.

You're the one causing the contradiction when you claim God is good, a God that you have previously claimed to be unknowable and untestable.

The problem of evil is not solved. The problem of evil will always exist, just as good will always exist. Not a problem is a problem.
You don't know what the problem of evil is. Do you?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:39 pm You don't know what the problem of evil is. Do you?
Is it (evil) a problem to you?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:53 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:39 pm You don't know what the problem of evil is. Do you?
No, it is a problem for people who think that God exists and He is good. They wonder how God could create a world with natural evil!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:55 pm
No, it is a problem for people who think that God exists and He is good. They wonder how God could create a world with natural evil!
But God has not created a world of evil or good, because God is an unknowable untestable idea, God is a theory at best.

So I'm wondering why you keep bringing up an untestable unknowable theory, and mistaking it for reality. 🤔🤯
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:01 pm

But God has not created a world of evil or good, because God is an unknowable untestable idea, God is a theory at best.

So I'm wondering why you keep bringing up an untestable unknowable theory, and mistaking it for reality. 🤔🤯
Some people believe that God exists and God is good. To them, natural evil is a serious problem. Assuming that God is evil resolves the problem. Amn't I clear enough!?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:05 pm

Some people believe that God exists and God is good. To them, natural evil is a serious problem. Assuming that God is evil resolves the problem. Amn't I clear enough!?
Clear as mud.

Incoherent at best.

Carry on.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:17 pm

Clear as mud.

Incoherent at best.

Carry on.
You cannot understand common sense! Carry on.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:23 pm
Clear as mud.

Incoherent at best.

Carry on.
You cannot understand projection.

Carry on.

I have no problem with what other people believe in or not believe in...especially when it comes to the idea of God.

I have no experience of God whatsoever.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:08 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:23 pm

Clear as mud.

Incoherent at best.

Carry on.
You cannot understand projection.

Carry on.

I have no problem with what other people believe in or not believe in...especially when it comes to the idea of God.

I have no experience of God whatsoever.
You cannot understand that I am arguing in favor or against God but I am arguing that one cannot rule out the idea of God by striving in the problem of natural evil.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bahman wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:14 pm

You cannot understand that I am arguing in favor or against God but I am arguing that one cannot rule out the idea of God by striving in the problem of natural evil.
Yes, you are right, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Natural evil exists, so does good, both experiences known to the human mind do not need to be proven or disproven.