Why do we post here?

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Why do we post here?

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:01 am
Age wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:48 am
Atla wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:35 am
No, but it's yours as we've fully proven.
Who does the 'we' word here REFER TO, EXACTLY?
“We,” in this instance is meant to refer to anyone and everyone else except you, Age.
So, ABSOLUTELY EVERY one, in the WHOLE Universe, has, SUPPOSEDLY, 'fully proven', what was being CLAIMED, right?
Walker wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:01 am It’s a cheap rhetorical device meant to separate and isolate you from a group, and objectively speaking, that ain't always a bad thing.
I AGREE.

AND, the MORE I AM 'separated' AND 'isolated' from 'the group' here, then THE BETTER 'this' IS, and WILL BE, for EVERY one here.
Walker wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:01 am I would call it a petite-slime, customary for some of the wee-wee-wee's, all the way home.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:07 am
So, ABSOLUTELY EVERY one, in the WHOLE Universe, has, SUPPOSEDLY, 'fully proven', what was being CLAIMED, right?
Yep, that culls you from the herd for either branding or slaughter. It's makes you the Lone Ranger without Tonto or Silver.
Walker

Post by Walker »

GRAMMARIST
https://grammarist.com/usage/royal-we/# ... wn%20power

“The royal 'we' is simply the use of the plural pronoun we in place of the singular pronoun “I”. This quirk of English grammar is rarely heard today, except in historical context or as a jibe at someone who is too assured of his own power.”
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I post here because I like talking about nothing, it's the only thing I know anything about.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:09 am GRAMMARIST

“The royal 'we' is simply the use of the plural pronoun we in place of the singular pronoun “I”. This quirk of English grammar is rarely heard today, except in historical context or as a jibe at someone who is too assured of his own power.”
So, as it was "atla" who USED the 'we' word above here, which was 'what' was in question, are 'you' here now suggesting that when "atla" was USING that word in reference to "atla", and some, or EVERY, one "else", then it is 'them' who ARE too assured of "themselves?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:37 am
commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:06 pm
Age wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:19 am

Why do you think it is that you do NOT find answers, when "others" can, and do?

Also, do you think that you might prefer 'the quest' more than you do 'the find'?
But they don’t.
HOW do 'you', supposedly, KNOW that 'they' do NOT?

Do 'you' KNOW the 'thoughts' AND 'thinking' WITHIN EVERY OTHER human body?
commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:06 pm Yes
Okay, have you considered that this 'preference' might be, even un or semi-consciously holding 'you' BACK, FROM finding answers?

For surely one is NOT going to do 'that', which would COUNTER or GO PAST 'that', which they PREFERRED, right?
You said they do. Naturally I chose the opposite.
No.
No.
No.

Post by Age »

commonsense wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:10 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:06 pm

But they don’t.

commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:06 pm Yes
Okay, have you considered that this 'preference' might be, even un or semi-consciously holding 'you' BACK, FROM finding answers?

For surely one is NOT going to do 'that', which would COUNTER or GO PAST 'that', which they PREFERRED, right?
Just so your answer becomes CLEAR here, 'Why did you, supposedly, naturally CHOOSE the opposite?'

Could it because you, currently, BELIEVE 'the opposite' is true, and you can NOT, naturally, going against what you ALREADY BELIEVE is true? Or is there some other reason for why you, naturally, chose the opposite?

Also, do you have ANY ACTUAL PROOF that you 'naturally' did choose what you did?

Also, WHY would you CHOOSE some thing which does NOT ALIGN WITH what IS, Naturally, IRREFUTABLY True?
commonsense wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:10 pm No.
No.
No.
Will you list the 'things' that you would COUNTER or GO PAST, which you PREFERRED?

If no, then WHY NOT?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Age wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:56 am
commonsense wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:10 pm

Just so your answer becomes CLEAR here, 'Why did you, supposedly, naturally CHOOSE the opposite?'

Could it because you, currently, BELIEVE 'the opposite' is true, and you can NOT, naturally, going against what you ALREADY BELIEVE is true? Or is there some other reason for why you, naturally, chose the opposite?

Also, do you have ANY ACTUAL PROOF that you 'naturally' did choose what you did?

Also, WHY would you CHOOSE some thing which does NOT ALIGN WITH what IS, Naturally, IRREFUTABLY True?
commonsense wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 3:10 pm No.
No.
No.
Will you list the 'things' that you would COUNTER or GO PAST, which you PREFERRED?

If no, then WHY NOT?
Because of you. No. No. No. I dunno. No. I dunno.

And you?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:20 am
Walker wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:09 am GRAMMARIST

So, as it was "atla" who USED the 'we' word above here, which was 'what' was in question, are 'you' here now suggesting that when "atla" was USING that word in reference to "atla", and some, or EVERY, one "else", then it is 'them' who ARE too assured of "themselves?
The way I figure that definition, back when The Royal We was in use, the only two who could use it with authenticity were the King and the Queen.

So, anyone else who used it was being just a bit too assured of their own power by equating their power to the king or the queen, which ever of the two monarchs was calling the shots at the time.

So, if you were in the company of one delusionally assured of their own power, then in order to take a jibe at the delusion, you too would adopt the Royal We.

I think this is the kindest interpretation. Why? Because, then you two are on the same side and by adopting the same foible with voice energy, whether or not you believe in it, then you too have adopted any resulting karma to be shared.

Has atla displayed a pattern of anachronisms? I do sometimes.

So, what's the Age assessment?

I wouldn't bothering asking the source (atla) because folks say all kinds of things about motive and cause, when mired in retrospect.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:01 pm What is the ultimate goal here, on this forum? Is it argumentation? Communication? Vindication? Conspiracies? Prejudices? What? What is the goal of all this?

I MINE MINDS = IN_FORM_AT_ION - ANAL_LIES = MY ANALYSIS = MOST REASONABLE KNOWLEDGE TO STORE

:twisted: