Human

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosphicalous

Human

Post by Philosphicalous »

What does it mean to be Human? Do you “identify” as Human?
Everybody does, right? I don’t. I identify as a Man.

humankind
/ˌhjuːmənˈkʌɪnd/
noun
noun: humankind
human beings considered collectively (used as a neutral alternative to ‘mankind’).
"the origin of humankind"

Human Kind is acceptable. Man kind is religious, unacceptable archaic. Sexist.

A human is man, including a male and female it is binary

I put it to you dear friend be you binary or non, that the non binary no longer qualify to be human and or to even identify as being a human. I speak standing on the solid rock of the origin and meaning of the “word” Human.

Thoughts?

I joined to genuinely discuss this premise. I’m not here to flame or offend those who indentify as non binary in anyway. I come in peace and love and a lot of very complex thoughts. I love the meanings and root meanings of words. Language in a solid rock, it raises us above the brute beast. Words have established orthodox meanings they are not open to interpretation in my opinion.

In closing Human is a pronoun and NOT a noun
Last edited by Philosphicalous on Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Harbal

Re: Human

Post by Harbal »

Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm
I’m knew here first post.
That's no excuse for not checking your spelling before you submit your post. :|
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

English isn't the first language of everyone... how could you knot know that?

-Imp

to the initial question:

are you who you claim to be or are you that which others recognize you to be?

which voice is louder?
Philosphicalous

Humble apologies for spelling error. I proof read it a million times. Please show me in my post where I used the word “English” in my OP Mr Spell Checker

Did you read the part where I said I genuinely want to discuss the topic?

Answer my question and start your own OP for yours. I must say it’s a very lack lustre response to my first post.

The only response was from the self appointed spellchecker and hall monitor. Yaaaaaaan Look I spelt yawn rong and wrong wrong

Do you identify as Human? You see, people don’t like discussing facts when it hurts their feelings. I’ve removed you from the human race with my first post.

Post by Age »

Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm What does it mean to be Human? Do you “identify” as Human?
Everybody does, right? I don’t. I identify as a Man.
So, 'you' identify with, and as, the reproduction organs of the male gendered human body, only, right?

If no, then how do 'you' define the 'Man' word, exactly?

And, why do you use a capital 'm' for the 'man' word?
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm humankind
/ˌhjuːmənˈkʌɪnd/
noun
noun: humankind
human beings considered collectively (used as a neutral alternative to ‘mankind’).
"the origin of humankind"

Human Kind is acceptable. Man kind is religious, unacceptable archaic. Sexist.

A human is man, including a male and female it is binary
Some would say, and suggest, that it is 'a man' and 'a woman' who is 'a human', and would never say, and suggest, that 'a human' is, or even could be, 'a man' or 'a woman'.
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm I put it to you dear friend be you binary or non, that the non binary no longer qualify to be human and or to even identify as being a human.
If 'you', personally, do NOT want to identify as 'a human' NOR even with and as 'a human being', then so be it, BUT what IS even 'a man' to 'you', exactly?

And, how, exactly, do you differentiate between 'a man' AND 'a woman'?
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm I speak standing on the solid rock of the origin and meaning of the “word” Human.
Which is 'what', exactly?

And, how do 'you' apparently seem to know, for sure, the 'origin and meaning' of the word 'Human', (with a capital 'h')? Where 'you' around when the word 'Human', and its definition, first evolved into Existence?
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm I don’t like the word at all, to be perfectly honest.
So, what 'you' are essentially saying here is that because 'you', personally, do not like the word 'Human' AT ALL, 'you' have CHOSEN to NOT identify with the 'human' word, right?
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm The words Humanity, Humane, Inhumane, even less.

Thoughts?
Is just expressing what 'you' 'like', and/or 'dislike', and have chosen to do, really appropriate in a philosophy forum?

If yes, then how, exactly?
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm I’m knew here first post. I joined to genuinely discuss this premise.
What premise?

'you' have more or less ONLY expressed what 'you' dislike, and what 'you' have, personally, decided to identify as. Which, by the way, is EXACTLY what "other human beings" have done, and do. Like, for example, the so-called "non binary" and/or 'a woman'.
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm I’m not here to flame or offend those who indentify as non binary in anyway. I come in peace and love and a lot of very complex thoughts.
How do 'you' define the term 'complex thoughts'? And, how do 'you' separate 'complex thoughts' from the 'simple' or 'non complex' 'thoughts'?
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm I love the meanings and root meanings of words.
But how would 'you' EVER KNOW, FOR SURE, the ACTUAL 'root meanings' of words, unless, of course, 'you' are around when a new word and 'its' original or root meaning, comes-into-Existence?
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm Language in a solid rock, it raises us above the brute beast.
But language, words, definitions, and meanings is a continually changing and evolving 'thing'.

And, what is 'the brute beast', exactly, which 'language in a solid rock' supposedly raises 'you' and some "others" above?

Also, who and/or what is the 'us' word even referring to, exactly?

'you' 'men', only? Or, if some 'thing' else, then who or what are 'they', exactly?
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 pm Words have established orthodox meanings they are not open to interpretation in my opinion.
This could be one of the funniest 'things' ever written in this forum.

Now, WHERE does one obtain the, supposed, 'established orthodox meaning' of 'a word'?

Also, and by the way, absolutely EVERY 'thing' is OPEN to interpretation. This is because absolutely EVERY 'thing' is relative to the observer. As 'your' OWN personal opinion here REAFFIRMS.
Philosphicalous

I don’t identify as human. So I don’t have a human body. Stay on topic please

You’ll find the established orthodox meaning of words in a dictionary. NOT OPEN TO INTERPRETATION OR PRONOUN INVADERS You’re welcome
Last edited by Philosphicalous on Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:52 pm I don’t identify as human. So I don’t have a human body. Stay on topic please
Who are 'you', 'the man', talking TO here?
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:52 pm You’ll find the established orthodox meaning of words in a dictionary. You’re welcome
LOL WHICH dictionary?

Were 'you' NOT YET AWARE that DIFFERENT dictionaries CAN and DO HAVE DIFFERENT definitions/meanings?
Philosphicalous

Stay on topic do you identify as human? Aka Male Female

Select any dictionary in any language you want.
Last edited by Philosphicalous on Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:52 pm I don’t identify as human. So I don’t have a human body.
It is more logical to say and claim:

I do not have a human body, therefore I have chosen to not identify as a human. Rather than saying and claiming I have chosen to not identify as human, so I do not have a human body.
Philosphicalous

Huh huh. Awesome I’ll take it you identify as human and it’s now causing head trauma that you now realise that you no longer can.

Post by Age »

Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:56 pm Stay on topic do you identify as human? Aka Male Female
If you READ my post, then you would FIND and SEE ALL of 'it' is, more or less, ON the the 'human' topic.

Now, I do NOT identify as 'a human', 'a human being', 'a male', NOR 'a female'.

And, this is BECAUSE of who and what 'I' AM, EXACTLY.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:38 pm
Answer my question and start your own OP for yours. I must say it’s a very lack lustre response to my first post.
It was a very lack lustre first post.

Post by Age »

Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:01 pm Huh huh. Awesome I’ll take it you identify as human and it’s now causing head trauma that you now realise that you no longer can.
LOL
LOL
LOL

Talk ABOUT an example of 'confirmation bias' in 'its' HIGHEST FORM here.

I EXPLAINED to 'this one' how what 'it' wrote could be written MORE LOGICALLY, and 'it' then CONCLUDES 'I' MUST identify as 'human'. Which, as ANY one who has been reading my posts here in this forum KNOWS 'this' could not be MORE FURTHER FROM the ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.

Post by Age »

Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:56 pm Select any dictionary in any language you want.
So, now that you have CHANGED your view and perspective, to you EVERY dictionary HAS and HOLDS the so-called 'established orthodox meaning of words', right?

Although there can be as many DIFFERENT 'meanings' as there are dictionaries.

Do you think you have REALLY thought 'this' through FULLY?
Philosphicalous

Age wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:02 pm
Philosphicalous wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:56 pm Stay on topic do you identify as human? Aka Male Female
If you READ my post, then you would FIND and SEE ALL of 'it' is, more or less, ON the the 'human' topic.

Now, I do NOT identify as 'a human', 'a human being', 'a male', NOR 'a female'.

And, this is BECAUSE of who and what 'I' AM, EXACTLY.
I don’t READ past the first error or false claim in a response. Why would I? Thanks for responding even though you wine special plead and shout a lot. One Vote for NO I AM NOT HUMAN. I thank you. I know that its been hard but you have faced the truth with repentance in the end. Well done