Promethean is a Commie

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: Promethean is a Commie

Post by promethean75 »

Who, Wizard/urwrong? Are u kidding me? U can't read a post and immediately deduce that these aren't the same people?
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:26 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:17 pmThe fuck you on about you moron? You asked Harbal....
Wizard22 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:05 pm you speak for...whom else? The rest of this forum?
So I was directly and accurately answering your question.
You were/are being a jackass...as per usual.
I'm not the one who has to pretend they didnt' write stuff, then complain that it's unfair that somebody remembers something I wrote, or that it was misunderstood in ways I totally could but as it happens will not explain right now. It's always you that needs to forget what he's written, and it's always you complaining that people who expect some sort of consistency are rude and mean.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:11 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:10 pmI've noticed that you are very thin skinned. 🙂
If I were thin-skinned, I would frequent your threads, annoy and pester your topics...but I don't. So how do you explain that?
Fallacy of composition.

This is a typical line of fallacious thinking:
some people who are thin skinned do X.
So, if you don't do X, then you aren't thin skinned.
Ridiculous. Thin-skinned people might deny stuff they've done. Thin skinned people might stop posting. Thin skinned people might attack others. Thin skinned people might seethe in private. And there are many other possibilities. And no thin skinned person MUST do more than one of these things.

You make up a rule based on a possible way of showing one is thin skinned. And declare that anyone who is thin skinned by do X.

It's silly stuff. Self-convincing, perhaps, but you can't expect others to take it seriously.

Now here you're fighting off an insult, so in a way it's not so important.

But it's the way you draw conclusions in general. Similar to your concluding FDPs must be Jewish.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:37 pm Oh let me tell u about what happened, Wiz. Ain't this some straight bullshit. So i put a new battery in the Caddy and the fuckin smart stereo locks me out. One of those theft prevention features. I need a password to unlock it but a) i deleted the dude's number from my phone and b) he moved from where he lived.

Can't find em anywhere. Stereo wasn't a year old and i had to buy a new one all becuz I didn't have the password.

It's unhackable. I aksed every mexican car stereo store tech in town if they could do it and they said 'nooooo señor'.

Word of advice to private party buyers of used automobiles; GET ANY PASSWORDS for electronic devices in the vehicle u are buying.
What year is it? That's why I want vehicles made before 2006 or 2008, before all the manufacturers started pulling that bullshit. Older cars are better if they're taken care of well, most still have some actual steel and iron in their frames, rather than "Muh carbon composites!" The whole Greed thing really took over at the turn of 2000. Now they have car trackers, only manufacturer repairs where they gouge the fuck out of consumers, forget about electronics. Even this year they're finally trying to force laptop and desktop computer users to put in their cellphone numbers.

Western Civilization is falling...
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:09 amI'm not the one who has to pretend they didnt' write stuff, then complain that it's unfair that somebody remembers something I wrote, or that it was misunderstood in ways I totally could but as it happens will not explain right now. It's always you that needs to forget what he's written, and it's always you complaining that people who expect some sort of consistency are rude and mean.
What didn't I understand?? I just think Literacy is a critical factor of Philosophy. If people can't understand a philosopher's intent in arguments or points, then it makes their analyses of him ridiculous and nonsensical. Just admit that you took it seriously when I claimed that Zelensky was/is sacrificing the Ukranian population in a massive Jewish Satanic blood-ritual. I mean, there's no way that could be true, right? Jews don't have blood-rituals or anything...right?!

What about that thing where rabbis suck on the stump of a freshly circumcised baby penis? I've seen pictures and memes on 4chan about it, but haven't verified. There's no way that's true...
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:39 amFallacy of composition.

This is a typical line of fallacious thinking:
some people who are thin skinned do X.
So, if you don't do X, then you aren't thin skinned.
Ridiculous. Thin-skinned people might deny stuff they've done. Thin skinned people might stop posting. Thin skinned people might attack others. Thin skinned people might seethe in private. And there are many other possibilities. And no thin skinned person MUST do more than one of these things.

You make up a rule based on a possible way of showing one is thin skinned. And declare that anyone who is thin skinned by do X.

It's silly stuff. Self-convincing, perhaps, but you can't expect others to take it seriously.

Now here you're fighting off an insult, so in a way it's not so important.

But it's the way you draw conclusions in general. Similar to your concluding FDPs must be Jewish.
Okay, time out Ivanna, you're all over the place here. Do you want to confront my teasing and making fun of Hairball, or do you want to confront Muh Antisemitism? I kind of have a one-track mind, one topic at a time please.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:42 am
FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:09 amI'm not the one who has to pretend they didnt' write stuff, then complain that it's unfair that somebody remembers something I wrote, or that it was misunderstood in ways I totally could but as it happens will not explain right now. It's always you that needs to forget what he's written, and it's always you complaining that people who expect some sort of consistency are rude and mean.
What didn't I understand?? I just think Literacy is a critical factor of Philosophy. If people can't understand a philosopher's intent in arguments or points, then it makes their analyses of him ridiculous and nonsensical. Just admit that you took it seriously when I claimed that Zelensky was/is sacrificing the Ukranian population in a massive Jewish Satanic blood-ritual. I mean, there's no way that could be true, right? Jews don't have blood-rituals or anything...right?!

What about that thing where rabbis suck on the stump of a freshly circumcised baby penis? I've seen pictures and memes on 4chan about it, but haven't verified. There's no way that's true...
All of that and more explains why everyone considers you a weird and fucked up little man.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:47 amAll of that and more explains why everyone considers you a weird and fucked up little man.
At least I'm Literate.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:45 am Do you want to confront my teasing and making fun of Hairball,
Yes; how come when you try to make fun of somebody, folks end up laughing at you?
At least I'm Literate.
No, that's definitely not the least you are.
Last edited by Harbal on Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:34 pm Prom, I want your opinion on this debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X30npcEa_Ak
Is there anyone who disagrees with you that isn't a 'Commie'?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Harbal wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:19 amYes; how come when you try to make fun of somebody, folks end up laughing at you?
At least I'm Literate.
No, that's definitely not the least you are.
Yawn. :roll:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Skepdick wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:20 am
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:34 pm Prom, I want your opinion on this debate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X30npcEa_Ak
Is there anyone who disagrees with you that isn't a 'Commie'?
Nope...just pretty much dirty pink-haired Commies. Kinda weird coincidence now that you mention it...
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:45 am Okay, time out Ivanna, you're all over the place here. Do you want to confront my teasing and making fun of Hairball, or do you want to confront Muh Antisemitism? I kind of have a one-track mind, one topic at a time please.
No, it was the fallacious thinking. You're not the only one who does this kind of thing. It's fairly common on the internet.

A similar form is:
you said X. That could mean that you do/are Y. But instead of saying: 'That could mean you do/are Y.' - I'm going to pretend it has to mean Y. And the person says: You said X or did X or believe X, so you are Y.

People pull this a lot. It can seem sort of valid so the person thinks they've won points and/or that others will think this. But actually it's just convenient and fallacious.

It's a bit like someone saying, if you think Israel has done anything wrong, you hate Jews. Obviously some people who criticize Israel hate Jews. Many. But it doesn't follow that everyone who does that hates Jews. Or if you criticize the Hamas, then you MUST hate Arabs or whatever.

All political groups, right, left, whatever, pull this kind of stuff. It also happens in a lot of dominance game-type interactions that are more personal: Satyr used to be a skilled or 'skilled' purveyor of this on many forums.

So, as I said, in the individual case, where you are fending off an insult, doesn't really matter. On the other hand, Harbal may well have noticed a pattern like this in your posts and what's good for the goose is good for the gandered you. Still, not that important.

But, when it becomes the main mode of communication in a thread or is a large part of a forum, the fallacy of composition and its cousins begin to matter.

So, pointing out the fallacy and reminding me also which one it is.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:08 amAll political groups, right, left, whatever, pull this kind of stuff. It also happens in a lot of dominance game-type interactions that are more personal: Satyr used to be a skilled or 'skilled' purveyor of this on many forums.
Hmm, interesting, how did that interaction go with you?

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:08 amNo, it was the fallacious thinking. You're not the only one who does this kind of thing. It's fairly common on the internet.

A similar form is:
you said X. That could mean that you do/are Y. But instead of saying: 'That could mean you do/are Y.' - I'm going to pretend it has to mean Y. And the person says: You said X or did X or believe X, so you are Y.

People pull this a lot. It can seem sort of valid so the person thinks they've won points and/or that others will think this. But actually it's just convenient and fallacious.

It's a bit like someone saying, if you think Israel has done anything wrong, you hate Jews. Obviously some people who criticize Israel hate Jews. Many. But it doesn't follow that everyone who does that hates Jews. Or if you criticize the Hamas, then you MUST hate Arabs or whatever.

All political groups, right, left, whatever, pull this kind of stuff. It also happens in a lot of dominance game-type interactions that are more personal: Satyr used to be a skilled or 'skilled' purveyor of this on many forums.

So, as I said, in the individual case, where you are fending off an insult, doesn't really matter. On the other hand, Harbal may well have noticed a pattern like this in your posts and what's good for the goose is good for the gandered you. Still, not that important.

But, when it becomes the main mode of communication in a thread or is a large part of a forum, the fallacy of composition and its cousins begin to matter.

So, pointing out the fallacy and reminding me also which one it is.
Technically, Hairball's Ad Hom'd me first, which is a fallacy, so I don't see the issue responding likewise, if what you say is in fact true?

There's nothing fallacious automatically about reframing arguments. Pretty sure my response was logically Sound, even *IF* invalid.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:18 am Hmm, interesting, how did that interaction go with you?
Well, it was a number of smaller interactions over years. But to sum up, fine. I mean, at least he's smart. Or was. Or was capable of interacting in interesting ways. It seems to have been a greatest hits album for years now.

Technically, Hairball's Ad Hom'd me first, which is a fallacy, so I don't see the issue responding likewise, if what you say is in fact true?
I think he was good for the gandering also you. But even more importantly, an ad hom is when one says you are wrong about X because you are, in this case, thin skinned. I think he just insulted you.
There's nothing fallacious automatically about reframing arguments. Pretty sure my response was logically Sound, even *IF* invalid.
I haven't said anything about reframing arguments being unsound. That said a sound argument cannot be invalid. A sound argument is one with true premises and a logical set of steps. A valid argument only needs the later criterion. You can have a valid argument that isn't sound, but not a sound argument that isn't valid.
A deductive argument is sound if and only if it is both valid, and all of its premises are actually true. Otherwise, a deductive argument is unsound.