What Women And Men Want

Anything to do with gender and the status of women and men.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

simplicity

What Women And Men Want

Post by simplicity »

I heard a wonderful contrast of men and women on a podcast that I thought many here might appreciate. it's a metaphor of sorts using a old style multi-level department store as increasing levels of desire when women/men go shopping for the opposite sex.

A typical woman enters the "man store" on the first floor and finds men with good jobs. Pleased, but wanting more, she goes up to the second floor where there are men with good jobs who also love children. She is even more pleased and goes up to the third level to see what might be in-store [npi]. There she finds men with good jobs who love children and are willing to help with the house work. Even more excited, she goes to the fourth floor and finds men with good jobs who love children, will help out with the housework and enjoy vacations and going out to dinner on a regular basis. Hardly able to contain herself, she must go to the top floor to see what she can look forward to. Arriving on the top level there is a sign that says, "You are the 4,234,784,921 woman who has come here and there are no men!

A typical man enters the "woman store" and on the first floor finds women who are nice. Intrigued, he goes up to the second floor where he finds women who are nice, attractive, and enjoy sex. Very interested, the man goes up to the third floor and finds women who are nice, attractive, enjoy sex, and love to cook. The man is feeling incredible grateful but goes up to the forth floor and finds woman who are nice, attractive, enjoy sex, love to cook, and really like sports, as well. No man has ever gone to the fifth floor!

The bottom-line is that women are NEVER satisfied and men have very simple needs.
Immanuel Can

Re: What Women And Men Want

Post by Immanuel Can »

simplicity wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:48 pm I heard a wonderful contrast of men and women on a podcast that I thought many here might appreciate. it's a metaphor of sorts using a old style multi-level department store as increasing levels of desire when women/men go shopping for the opposite sex.
A funny analogy, and an interesting topic.

Another take: men and women have "market value" on the dating exchange. However, women's "market value" and men's both appear different and peak and wane at different times, different stages of life. Not only that, but no man is ever going to give birth, and a woman likely will...multiple times, perhaps. Consequently, it's not at all surprising that their aims and needs in life are somewhat different. And the things they look for in each other are somewhat different. We might ask what they are, and even rank them in some rough way.

But all that is being done on other sites. So what new insight / controversy is left to be unpacked here?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

simplicity wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:48 pm I heard a wonderful contrast of men and women on a podcast that I thought many here might appreciate.

The bottom-line is that women are NEVER satisfied and men have very simple needs.
Very cute and nicely expressed.

I get the impression that the bottom-line might be suggesting that women cannot ever be satisfied... which, of course, is not true: we're experts at finding and enjoying bargains. :D
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

simplicity wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:48 pm I heard a wonderful contrast of men and women on a podcast that I thought many here might appreciate. it's a metaphor of sorts using a old style multi-level department store as increasing levels of desire when women/men go shopping for the opposite sex.
These scenarios pertain only to the "looking and searching" stage. Once your most desired top floor relationship is established, you'll find - more likely sooner than later - that the elevator, in fact, travelled sideways, that what was encountered along the way was merely advertising.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:57 pm
simplicity wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:48 pm I heard a wonderful contrast of men and women on a podcast that I thought many here might appreciate.

I get the impression that the bottom-line might be suggesting that women cannot ever be satisfied... which, of course, is not true: we're experts at finding and enjoying bargains. :D
Men are searching for something real, something honest, something apart from the non-sense of organized life. It is my best guess [having been married twice] that women have been convinced that you must always try to do better [which, apparently unknowing to them, applies to themselves, and not others]. I have never met a woman satisfied with anything.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:24 am Men are searching for something real, something honest, something apart from the non-sense of organized life.
Well, that's what I do too, as a female. Meanwhile, I've seen a lot of shallow and dishonest men. So I'm not sure these various characteristics have much to do with gender. Rather, based on how we are, we may be more likely to notice certain things in the opposite gender?
simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:24 amI have never met a woman satisfied with anything.
That's sad. You're not dead yet, so who knows what else you might still experience.

Post by Age »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:45 pm
A funny analogy, and an interesting topic.

Another take: men and women have "market value" on the dating exchange. However, women's "market value" and men's both appear different and peak and wane at different times, different stages of life. Not only that, but no man is ever going to give birth, and a woman likely will...multiple times, perhaps. Consequently, it's not at all surprising that their aims and needs in life are somewhat different.
Will you LIST some of the ALLEGED 'unsurprising' SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT 'aims' and 'needs' of 'women' and 'men'?

If yes, then GREAT.

But if no, then 'this' is NOT UNSURPRISING AT ALL FROM 'you' "immanuel can". Making CLAIMS, which 'you' do NOT then back up and support is NOT AT ALL UNSURPRISING FROM 'you' "Immanuel can".

I wonder if 'this' IS BECAUSE 'you' ARE a 'man' OR 'a woman'?
And the things they look for in each other are somewhat different.
A Truly CURIOUS one WOULD ASK, 'Like 'what', EXACTLY, "Immanuel can"?' But ALREADY KNOWING that 'you' WOULD JUST END UP CONTRADICTING "your" 'self' here and/or BEING HYPOCRITICAL MEANS it is ALREADY KNOWN that 'you' WILL NOT even just ATTEMPT TO ANSWER 'this CLARIFYING QUESTION', NEITHER.
We might ask what they are, and even rank them in some rough way.

But all that is being done on other sites.
As if it was NOT ALREADY KNOWN that 'you' WOULD COWER, and RUN AWAY and HIDE.

Now, let us SEE 'you' ALSO NOT ANSWER the QUESTION, ASKED FOR CLARITY, 'What OTHER sites ARE 'they', "immanuel can"?
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:45 pm So what new insight / controversy is left to be unpacked here?
The INSIGHT that ONLY 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, WOULD and WILL FIND so-called 'controversy'. Which IS; there ARE NO ACTUAL DIFFERENT 'needs' between 'men' AND 'women', NOR maybe even 'aims'.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:57 pm

Which, if ANY one was Truly INTERESTED, could LEAD BACK TO A 'story' ABOUT what was 'adam' and 'eve', and HOW 'that story' could relate PERFECTLY to EXPLAINING 'men' AND 'women', in the days when this is being written.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

But to fully appreciate just how wonderful the contrast between men and women actually is, I think one has to see it.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:49 am
simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:24 am Men are searching for something real, something honest, something apart from the non-sense of organized life.
Well, that's what I do too, as a female. Meanwhile, I've seen a lot of shallow and dishonest men. So I'm not sure these various characteristics have much to do with gender. Rather, based on how we are, we may be more likely to notice certain things in the opposite gender?
No offence, but [most] guys wouldn't say that sort of thing.
simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:24 amI have never met a woman satisfied with anything.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:49 amThat's sad. You're not dead yet, so who knows what else you might still experience.
Again, men do not talk this way. You are trying to emotionally hurt...and THIS has been my experience with women. You don't know me in the least, yet look at the pronouncements you have suggested. That's sad.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Harbal wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:57 am
But to fully appreciate just how wonderful the contrast between men and women actually is, I think one has to see it.
Equal amount of good and bad in everything.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:37 pm
What sort of thing? I'm just saying there are different sides and perspectives.
Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:49 amThat's sad. You're not dead yet, so who knows what else you might still experience.
Again, men do not talk this way. You are trying to emotionally hurt...and THIS has been my experience with women.
I'm not trying to emotionally hurt! I was suggesting that you might still experience something different than your prior experience.
simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:24 amYou don't know me in the least, yet look at the pronouncements you have suggested. That's sad.
What have I said that looks like pronouncements?
Walker

Post by Walker »

But all that is being done on other sites. So what new insight / controversy is left to be unpacked here?
Woman has the innate tendency to try and keep man off balance. Keeping man off balance and in doubt is woman’s way to control man. This is a necessary design because woman is less physically powerful and at times must stick up for herself.

Often when man is reaching for truth, man thinks woman is also reaching for truth. This assumption can lead to confusion and frustration in man, but not in woman, for his frustration is evidence of her control.

Woman often reaches for no further understanding than the control buttons.

This tendency is innate in woman. Methods for keeping man off balance may be cultural, but the urge is innate and manifests for effectiveness within a cultural understanding, whether or not woman recognizes it as such.

Man who recognizes it as such can see what’s actually going on within the specifics of the relationship, and can cultivate balance through practice, and not fall down so much.

One method of cultivating balance is to develop magnanimity, and other manly qualities.

This is the path that leads men to the universal fork in the road, and that fork is called ... Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:57 pm
simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:37 pm
What sort of thing? I'm just saying there are different sides and perspectives.
Again, men do not talk this way. You are trying to emotionally hurt...and THIS has been my experience with women.
I'm not trying to emotionally hurt! I was suggesting that you might still experience something different than your prior experience.
simplicity wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:24 amYou don't know me in the least, yet look at the pronouncements you have suggested. That's sad.
What have I said that looks like pronouncements?
Instead of sticking with the substance of the conversation, you decided to pronounce how sad my life has been and that I should take solace in the fact that I am not dead yet. If that's not taking an emotional shot, I am not sure what would be...but don't worry because I have been around females all my life, mother, step-mother, sister, two wives, five daughters, and a host of professional associates [and literally thousands of patients].

I get women.