I feel like a piece of shit

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

I feel like a piece of shit

Post by Gary Childress »

I can't get away with acting like an ass. After every bout of anger and hostility from disagreement with others, I feel like shit. It feels like my lease on life just lost a few years on it (maybe decades). At some point, I'll likely have a paranoid psychosis where I have visions of divine retribution, torture, and going to hell. :|
Walker

Re: I feel like a piece of shit

Post by Walker »

Don't worry, folks here are immunized, so there's no cause for regrets.

All is well.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:09 am I can't get away with acting like an ass. After every bout of anger and hostility from disagreement with others, I feel like shit.
Could this feeling be a SIGN that some 'thing' NEEDS to be CHANGED here?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:09 am It feels like my lease on life just lost a few years on it (maybe decades). At some point, I'll likely have a paranoid psychosis where I have visions of divine retribution, torture, and going to hell. :|
nemos

Post by nemos »

For you are dust, and to dust you will return. Of course, you can also replace dust with shit and rephrase it, it will not change the essence.
The fact is that this phrase applies to everyone and anyone. There is absolutely no need to get angry and hate here, because it will have a self-destructive effect that will not solve anything at all.
We are not what we are made of, but what we dream about. So sweet dreams. :?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

When I feel like a cup of tea - I go and make one~!!!

Maybe your should take that as an example?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:09 am I can't get away with acting like an ass. After every bout of anger and hostility from disagreement with others, I feel like shit. It feels like my lease on life just lost a few years on it (maybe decades). At some point, I'll likely have a paranoid psychosis where I have visions of divine retribution, torture, and going to hell. :|
God does not care if you get angry. There is no retribution. That is just your childhood paranoia screwing with your head. We are all indoctrinated to sit down, shut up, eat your greens, and behave.
Growing up is putting aside the things of childhood, whilst maintaining that which was good about it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:33 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:09 am I can't get away with acting like an ass. After every bout of anger and hostility from disagreement with others, I feel like shit.
Could this feeling be a SIGN that some 'thing' NEEDS to be CHANGED here?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:09 am It feels like my lease on life just lost a few years on it (maybe decades). At some point, I'll likely have a paranoid psychosis where I have visions of divine retribution, torture, and going to hell. :|

Oh yes!!1
:D :D
Age needs to go
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:09 am I can't get away with acting like an ass.
If you can't stop being an ass, you need to become the best ass you can be. I wish I had learned that lesson a lot sooner.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:17 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:09 am I can't get away with acting like an ass.
If you can't stop being an ass, you need to become the best ass you can be. I wish I had learned that lesson a lot sooner.
Of course. Life is all too short, so why not live it like a jerk.

As they say in the US military that's under funded, under equipped, under manned, and drained of strategic oil by Biden's partisan political purposes, and even though standards have been changed to accept out of shape high school dropouts due to the Democrat-controlled government education (indoctrination) systems ... Be all you can be.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:37 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:17 am
Of course. Life is all too short, so why not live it like a jerk.

As they say in the US military that's under funded, under equipped, under manned, and drained of strategic oil by Biden's partisan political purposes, and even though standards have been changed to accept out of shape high school dropouts due to the Democrat-controlled government education (indoctrination) systems ... Be all you can be.
Why are you boring me with this. Walker?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:09 am I can't get away with acting like an ass. After every bout of anger and hostility from disagreement with others, I feel like shit. It feels like my lease on life just lost a few years on it (maybe decades). At some point, I'll likely have a paranoid psychosis where I have visions of divine retribution, torture, and going to hell. :|
You've come to the wrong place to make friends. This place is for arguments and ass holes.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:53 pm Why are you boring me with this. Walker?
You wouldn't understand.

:lol:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:15 pm
Harbal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:53 pm Why are you boring me with this. Walker?
You wouldn't understand.

:lol:
And neither would I want to.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:04 pm
You've come to the wrong place to make friends. This place is for arguments and ass holes.
Good point. The world is not a refuge, and this is the world. The sangha is a refuge, however.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Walker wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:20 pm
Flannel Jesus wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:04 pm
Good point. The world is not a refuge, and this is the world. The sangha is a refuge, however.
I mean, I appreciate the desire to want to go somewhere where people like you and you make friends. There are places like that, presumably for everyone.

"Philosophy forum" means one thing: Arguments Here.