For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: To Those To Whom This Pertains

Post by Gary Childress »

Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:27 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:08 pm
Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:47 pm
Did you do a food allergy/food intolerance test? In some cases these allergies can cause mental illnesses. For example there was a time when schizophrenia was called bread madness, because some people suddenly recovered when there was a bread shortage. And I'd wager to guess that it wasn't because of the gluten but because of the baker's yeast in it.
All of my tests have been psychological. I've heard talk about food and other things possibly playing a role but haven't been checked yet. A former co-worker who is a therapist related to me his understanding that schizophrenia has also been linked to some sort of process of neural trimming (or something like that) that gets out of control in some individuals in their 20s. I was diagnosed at age 25. I'll look into it, though every psychiatrist I've been to basically pushes nothing but pills as soon as I walk in the door for the first time.
Perscribing pills is what they are taught and paid to do imo, it's genuinely the only thing they know. Symptomatic treatment only. But I think at least a quarter or maybe even a third of major psychiatric illness cases could actually be greatly improved, maybe even mostly "cured", by finding preventable underlying causes such as food allergies/intolerances and autoimmune problems.

Isn't it strange that they never did a food allergy test on you? It takes like 10 seconds
Strange is probably an apt word. The mental health system where I live isn't the greatest.
Averroes

Post by Averroes »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:49 pm
Averroes wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:37 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 6:11 pm

I don't know. I've had dieticians at mental health facilities encourage me to eat more diverse meals in terms of fruit, vegetables, and dairy. I could see how fasting does.
Fruits and vegetables are very good. The fasting in question is intermittant fasting. For example there is the 12:12 and 16:8 intermittent fasting. 16:8 means that for a window of 16 hours you fast and the remaining 8 hours you eat. In that 8 hours you can eat your vegetables and fruit and dairy. I do fasting for religious purposes, and it is clear for me that the benefits on the mental and cognitive level are real although I do not suffer from depression but my mood is definitely elevated during Ramadan. For someone not doing religious fasting, I would recommend the 16:8 intermittent fasting. Two times a week if you can. There are interesting videos on YouTube by health professionals that explain the benefits of intermittent fasting on mental health. Dr Berg has interesting videos on that if you are interested.
That sounds roughly on track with suggestions I've had from mental health dieticians to abstain from snacking and just eat 3 meals a day. I can give it a try. Thanks.
You are welcomed. Let me know how it worked out for you.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm Those of you who have done this have made my life a living hell.
You're blaming other people for their responses to what and where YOU are choosing to vent... so it's THEIR fault?

Everybody is supposed to adapt to your outbursts that swing from one extreme to another?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm I'M SPEAKING UP AND COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT AILES ME. I HAVE A RIGHT TO.
People have a right to respond in whatever way seems true to them... whether you like it (or agree) or not. All of us take hits from other people about the things we say.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm ...shame and blame and accuse me of being THE problem in this world
You're trying to shame and blame and accuse the people here of being the problem for you. I think people have tried to be compassionate repeatedly -- but there are rarely any suggestions that satisfy you. You often seem to just want to vent and blame, and why in the world would that be of any significance to us?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm a bunch of inconsiderate, thoughtless, assholes who seek to silence someone who has EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.
You are being an inconsiderate, thoughtless, asshole and seeking to silence us when we have every right to respond as we see fit.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm AND YOU'RE TOO SELF-RIGHTEOUS TO EVEN LOOK IN THE MIRROR AT YOURSELVES.
Whereas you're excused from doing so? 8)

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm I'm mentally ill. I've had unspeakably horrible and traumatic psychoses and I've had severe chronic depression. Whenever I speak up about it, I am accused of "seeking therapy" or "wanting pity". I'M SPEAKING UP AND COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT AILES ME. I HAVE A RIGHT TO. THERE IS NO "THERAPY" FOR SEVERE MENTAL ILLNESS, THEREFORE I AM NOT SEEKING WHAT DOES NOT EXIST. AND BLAMING A MENTALLY ILL PERSON FOR HIS ILLNESS IS THE OPPOSITE OF THERAPY ANYWAY, SO DON'T PRETEND YOU ARE ANYTHING BUT MALICIOUS BEINGS SEEKING TO KICK SOMEONE WHO IS DOWN.

AND YOU'RE TOO SELF-RIGHTEOUS TO EVEN LOOK IN THE MIRROR AT YOURSELVES.

Those of you who seek to accuse a person diagnosed with mental illness of being the agent of his own problems are inhuman. I have fought back at your accusations and put-downs designed to try to shame and blame and accuse me of being THE problem in this world. And you have continued to blame me and accuse me of EVERYTHING. Those of you who have done this have made my life a living hell.

I've tried to be as compassionate as I can and blamed God for the hell I live in, however, it has become clear to me that it's not God who is creating hell for me, it is a bunch of inconsiderate, thoughtless, assholes who seek to silence someone who has EVERY RIGHT TO COMPLAIN.

AND IF YOU DON'T THINK I HAVE A RIGHT TO COMPLAIN, THEN GO LIVE WITH SEVERE MENTAL ILLNESS AND TELL ME HOW MUCH YOU ENJOYED IT!!!!

ASSHOLES!!!
Maybe if you LIST 'those', in regards to 'those' who 'this' pertains, then 'we', the readers', will KNOW who, EXACTLY, you want to BLAME for your so-called 'problems' here. Then, 'I' and/or 'they' can address, better, what 'you' are BLAMING 'me', 'us', or 'they' FOR. Also, if 'you' TOLD 'us', EXACTLY, what ANY preconceived 'problem' or 'problems' that 'you' may have here WERE, then the ACTUAL 'problem' here could be addressed a WHOLE LOT BETTER, AS WELL.

By the way WHY was a portion of your post here written in capital letters?

Furthermore, 'I' am constantly accused of being a totally insane, crazy nutjob, WITH severe autism, who can NOT comprehend and understand human language AT ALL, like you can. So, 'your' 'mental illness' here is, REALLY, VERY MILD in comparison anyway.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:24 pm I'm mentally ill. I've had unspeakably horrible and traumatic psychoses and I've had severe chronic depression. Whenever I speak up about it, I am accused of "seeking therapy" or "wanting pity".
I hear that. Your sincerity is compelling.

Gary, the benefit or detriment of consistent small actions over time have a compounding effect. I have a suggestion for a small action for you to do every day and it will become a beneficial habit. The reasons why it is beneficial will be found in your personal contemplation, after the doing. The benefit could be immediate, or it could be noticeable after accruing over time. You have the capacity for sincerity that is required for it to be effective.

However, I think you don’t like me much, so what I have to say about this ends here, unless you ask for more. If you don’t ask for more about this, I understand and no hard feelings.

If you do ask for more and decide it’s worth a try, then I’ll even join your effort in doing what I suggest, and judging by the compassion and kindness in the responses you’ve received from the people here, and your tendency for honest self-examination, I think it will work out for you. It’s not a profound thing to do, it’s quite simple, but I’ve witnessed its effectiveness in others.

Good luck!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"I'm mentally ill. I've had unspeakably horrible and traumatic psychoses and I've had severe chronic depression"

Nah. You're too intelligent to be mentally ill. Your problem is you're too nice, gary. You've recognized that this world is shit and you're letting it take u down with it. Meanwhile you're here talking to all these clowns which only increases your frustration.

Try this man. Just try it. Turn all your free time into self improvement and focus on your physical health. Exercise. Push yourself. Eat better. You'll feel a new surge of energy and strength. As u become stronger, you'll feel bolder, more powerful, happier.

Also start taking these supplements along with a good quality daily multivitamin (GNC megaman). L-arginine, an estrogen blocker and fenugreek. This is the magic formula for greatness, G.

Let your doses be half of the recommended dose. Always take less than they recommend.

Stay away from the shrinks becuz they're all idiots who won't only not hit the nail on the head, but miss it entirely.
Walker

Post by Walker »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:06 amMeanwhile you're here talking to all these clowns which only increases your frustration.
- Doctor, what is Gary to do with all that energy you prescribe? You do physical labor so it’s fine for you, but you may have given him a recipe to jump out of his skin during the day and count sheep all night long.
- If Gary also considers the other folks here to be clowns, and does not denounce this statement of yours as easily as he denounces God, then my offer is rescended, because …

“Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.”
― Mark Twain

… and you never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it because never the twain of them and the truth shall meet within the span of your involvement, so they only end up confused and often resentful.

You can be sure that Gary will do what he must: either denounce that sentence, or not. I have a good idea which way the wind blows.

:D
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Do u talk in riddles all the time becuz you're so old or have u always done this?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Do you understand the meaning?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:19 pm Furthermore, 'I' am constantly accused of being a totally insane, crazy nutjob, WITH severe autism, who can NOT comprehend and understand human language AT ALL, like you can. So, 'your' 'mental illness' here is, REALLY, VERY MILD in comparison anyway.
My psychoses are NOT mild. they are horrific. I cannot un-experience what I've experienced. And I'm not just "accused" of being mentally ill, I AM mentally ill.

I'm dysfunctional and I know it. I don't go around pretending to be something I'm not. Nor can I truthfully be something I'm not. My life is miserable and my brain doesn't know how to be anything but miserable. Life is a tragic disappointment. And there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it. And pretending to be happy isn't truly being happy.

Theoretically, the world could be different. It could be a harmonious or happy place. But it's not. And either there is a creator who knowingly created the world this way or there is not a creator who knowingly created the world this way.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am My psychoses are NOT mild. they are horrific. I cannot un-experience what I've experienced. And I'm not just "accused" of being mentally ill, I AM mentally ill.
Can you explain what these psychotic episodes entail? Do you hallucintate or have serious warped thoughts that you know arn't normal?

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 amI'm dysfunctional and I know it. I don't go around pretending to be something I'm not. Nor can I truthfully be something I'm not. My life is miserable and my brain doesn't know how to be anything but miserable. Life is a tragic disappointment. And there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it. And pretending to be happy isn't truly being happy.

Theoretically, the world could be different. It could be a harmonious or happy place. But it's not. And either there is a creator who knowingly created the world this way or there is not a creator who knowingly created the world this way.
This last paragraph, you look at the same world that WE ALL SHARE, yet none of us are complaining about the state of the world. Sure, everyone is pissed off with the Jews and the Muzzlems at the moment, and of course the moron Putin causing Russia to destroy Ukraine...but so what? If you are letting stuff from halfway across the planet get to you, then stop watching the news!!

The planet Earth created by God is PERFECT. It has a perfect balance, the seasons are awesome, the flowers, the nuts and berries, the animals ALL of it is amazing!! God is a genius.
Humanity on the other hand for the most part is ALSO awesome - look at all the great things wo/men have acheived. Don't let Putin and stupid shit in the M.E. get to ya.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:49 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am My psychoses are NOT mild. they are horrific. I cannot un-experience what I've experienced. And I'm not just "accused" of being mentally ill, I AM mentally ill.
Can you explain what these psychotic episodes entail? Do you hallucintate or have serious warped thoughts that you know arn't normal?
My psychoses are almost dream-like states where I begin to think that horrible, evil, and inhuman things are true and imminent. They're like living nightmares where evil is taking over the world and I become intimately aware of death as unspeakable horror. Under most circumstances, a person can look at evil elsewhere or the prospect of our own deaths in the future and shirk his head at it, and then go on with life. When I'm having a psychosis it's like being engulfed in a sinister and evil world and unable to escape from it. Literally, I begin to believe that evil runs the world and that I am hopelessly trapped in an evil world where death will be something horrific and yet inescapable.

If you've ever woken up from a lucid nightmare anxious and scared, think of my psychoses as being in the middle of experiencing those nightmares and not having woken up yet. Then when I am brought down to a stable state through medication and rest I am able to discern that there was something wrong with my thought process, as though my mind had been taken over by autopilot or something. Unfortunately, these 'nightmares' that I have stick in my memory permanently to some degree, in that I'm able to continue to remember vague details about them when I come out of my psychosis, but my mind is not experiencing the sense of urgency and doom that I experience with the psychoses. It's like having an artificial traumatic experience. My brain recalls the trauma just as if it had really been true, as though it was not a delusion at all. In other words, I have all the physiological effects of trauma, induced by a delusionary state.

When I come out of my psychosis, I return to being somewhat detached from all the evil that happens in the world. I can look at the news and get angry but not feel like I'm being engulfed by it.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am
Age wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:19 pm Furthermore, 'I' am constantly accused of being a totally insane, crazy nutjob, WITH severe autism, who can NOT comprehend and understand human language AT ALL, like you can. So, 'your' 'mental illness' here is, REALLY, VERY MILD in comparison anyway.
My psychoses are NOT mild. they are horrific. I cannot un-experience what I've experienced.
Is ANY one able to so-call 'un-experience' what they have experienced, other than of course through 'just forgetting'?

And, some of your horrific visions would be less horrific of what some children have to ACTUALLY live IN and WITH. Although, and obviously, a 'psychotic episode' may well 'feel' just as ACTUALLY REAL at times.
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am And I'm not just "accused" of being mentally ill, I AM mentally ill.
There is NO an adult human being who is NOT 'mentally ill'. SO, there is NO need to 'feel' ALONE here "gary childress".
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am I'm dysfunctional and I know it. I don't go around pretending to be something I'm not. Nor can I truthfully be something I'm not. My life is miserable and my brain doesn't know how to be anything but miserable.
If 'this' is what 'you' BELIEVE IS TRUE, then 'this' is what 'you' WILL BE, and/or BECOME.

Also, do 'you' ACTUALLY KNOW, FULLY, HOW 'the brain', itself, WORKS, EXACTLY?

JUST MAYBE there is ACTUALLY ANOTHER 'thing' that ACTUALLY HAS FAR MORE CONTROL OVER 'the brain', itself, which IS what IS ACTUALLY CONTROLLING ALL of 'you', human beings, here.

And, by the way, which might be FAR CLOSER or FAR MORE CENTRAL than ANY of 'you' here have YET TO FULLY REALIZE and UNDERSTAND.
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am Life is a tragic disappointment.
TO 'you', "gary childress". BUT NOT TO ALL. TO "others" 'Life' is VERY, VERY FAR FROM being a 'tragic disappointment'.
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am
And there's nothing I or anyone else can do about it.
I would NOT BE SO SURE if 'I' was 'you', "gary childress".
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am And pretending to be happy isn't truly being happy.
OBVIOUSLY.

Just like PRETENDING that 'Life', itself, is a 'tragic disappointment' does NOT make 'Life', itself, so.
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am Theoretically, the world could be different.
This ALL DEPENDS on what the words 'the world' is ACTUALLY MEANING or REFERRING TO, EXACTLY?

OBVIOUSLY, 'the Universe', Itself, could NOT different AT ALL, in ANY WAY, as WILL COME-TO-BE REALIZED, and KNOWN and UNDERSTOOD, and JUST AS OBVIOUS is that 'the world', which 'you', adult human beings, have created can be VERY, VERY DIFFERENT.
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am It could be a harmonious or happy place. But it's not.
And, besides 'you', adult human beings, then WHO ELSE is to be BLAMED for such an UNHARMONIOUS and UNHAPPY place "gary childress"?
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:38 am And either there is a creator who knowingly created the world this way or there is not a creator who knowingly created the world this way.
There IS A Creator WHO IS CREATING 'this place' KNOWN AS the Universe, Itself. WHO, ALSO, HAS and IS ALLOWING 'you', adult human beings, TO DO ABSOLUTELY OF 'your' CHOOSING.

So, if 'you', human beings, ARE LIVING IN an INHARMONIOUS and/or UNHAPPY place, then the ONLY ones who CAN CHANGE 'that' ARE the ones who ARE ACTUALLY CREATING SUCH A 'place'.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:49 am The planet Earth [...] is PERFECT. It has a perfect balance, the seasons are awesome, the flowers, the nuts and berries, the animals ALL of it is amazing!!

Humanity on the other hand for the most part is ALSO awesome - look at all the great things wo/men have acheived.
Wow, that's awesome. Are you trippin' on something at the moment?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:17 am When I'm having a psychosis it's like being engulfed in a sinister and evil world and unable to escape from it.
Were you having a psychotic episode when you ranted at everyone and said this: "a bunch of inconsiderate, thoughtless, assholes" -- or were you just being an inconsiderate, thoughtless, asshole yourself?