How i am the best philosopher

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: How i am the best philosopher

Post by Atla »

And so when we DO stick to a one-universe-educated-guess anyway, that probably means that simpler states without self-aware beings or something like that are not possible. But that again warrants some sort of further explanation, what is needed for the universe to be possible exactly?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

You're being a muffin man again, Advocate.
Philosphicalous

Post by Philosphicalous »

nemos wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:02 pm It's not really clear how logic applies to truth. As far as I can tell, logic is based on building cause and effect chains to one end or the other. Conformity to logic makes judgments possibly believable but not necessarily true. Logic is a wonderful tool of demagogues.
Strictly speaking, I think that there are no truly illogical things in this world at all, because in principle there is nothing that does not come from nothing. If something seems illogical, it is most likely because there is a lack of knowledge about some facts.

About philosophizing. I had to hear an interesting opinion that it is intellectual masturbation. :)

Words as a tool can be used in the most unimaginable ways.
Of course, you can try to find the truth, but you can also try to hide it. Truth is often sacrificed when defending one's point of view.
It’s good read to someone stating that logic is not truth
nemos

Post by nemos »

discussions (focused on establishing the truth), disputes (focused on winning the argument)

It is still not clear to me which is more important truth or victory ?