This clearly answers the question: "Why does mathematics appear to have both discovered and invented qualities?"

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: This clearly answers the question: "Why does mathematics appear to have both discovered and invented qualities?"

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:36 pm The fact that it produces a description about math that reconciles the deepest philosophical question about it, PROVES THAT IT IS CORRECT
Still no actual reasons given, the above is of course just delusional.

You might want to get better at non-conceptuality. If you're going to make big claims based on the concept of the Samsara cycle, first make sure that you can show that your concept is actually referring to something real and fundamental in the world.
Skepdick

Re: This clearly answers the question: "Why does mathematics appear to have both discovered and invented qualities?"

Post by Skepdick »

roydop wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:36 pm PROVES THAT IT IS CORRECT
Lol. You don't seem to understand that proofs are mathematical objects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_theory
Proof theory is a major branch[1] of mathematical logic and theoretical computer science within which proofs are treated as formal mathematical objects, facilitating their analysis by mathematical techniques.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Atla wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:10 am
roydop wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:36 pm The fact that it produces a description about math that reconciles the deepest philosophical question about it, PROVES THAT IT IS CORRECT

You might want to get better at non-conceptuality. If you're going to make big claims based on the concept of the Samsara cycle, first make sure that you can show that your concept is actually referring to something real and fundamental in the world.
Forget about the cycle being that of Samsara. You are hung up on the part that is secondary.

The "something real in the world" IS the state of a message that has been discovered and going through the process of interpretation. My theorys description of mathematics expresses an actual phenomenal state that exhibits both discovered and invented qualities in superposition. How is this not clicking in?

The description of mathematics presented by my theory, resolves the question: "why does mathematics exhibit both discovered and invented qualities, simultaneously?" This deeper resolution of the age-old question: "Is mathematics discovered or invented." doesn't even arise from the conventional understanding of mathematics.

Mathematics appears to be both discovered and invented because it is a message that is going through the process of interpretation. A message is created with the intent of it to be discovered. A message that has been discovered and not yet correctly interpreted, would exhibit invented qualities, due to the continuing manipulation of the information within the message in order to reveal the message.

So that's what mathematics is. It is the ongoing attempt to correctly interpret the message by continuing to follow the initial incorrect interpretation
roydop

Post by roydop »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:55 am
roydop wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:36 pm PROVES THAT IT IS CORRECT
Lol. You don't seem to understand that proofs are mathematical objects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_theory
Proof theory is a major branch[1] of mathematical logic and theoretical computer science within which proofs are treated as formal mathematical objects, facilitating their analysis by mathematical techniques.
From the dictionary:

Proof: "evidence or argument establishing or helping to establish a fact or the truth of a statement."

This is evidence that mathematics is incorrect.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

roydop wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:32 pm This is evidence that mathematics is incorrect.
"incorrect" with respect to what? This is confused-speak.

Certain theorems hold under certain premises.
Certian other theorems don't hold under certain other premises.

That's all there is to mathematics. The consequences of assumptions.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Skepdick wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:39 pm
roydop wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:32 pm This is evidence that mathematics is incorrect.
"incorrect" with respect to what? This is confused-speak.

Certain theorems hold under certain premises.
Certian other theorems don't hold under certain other premises.

That's all there is to mathematics. The consequences of assumptions.
Mathematics is the incorrect interpretation of the message that is being expressed by the natural numbers.

The 'proof' that 1+1=2, that is 360 pages of esoteric symbolism which basically no one understands, is the initial incorrect interpretation. It has been assumed to be correct and we just went with it. Now the technology which that path has created, has humanity helplessly addicted to the technology itself

Math has led humanity deeper into delusion. The incorrect interpretation of a direct message from the Creator, has had dire consequences

And now it has all been revealed as incorrect. But due to humanity's deep level of programming (teaching math) it will be very difficult for people to see
Atla

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:29 pm
Atla wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:10 am

Forget about the cycle being that of Samsara. You are hung up on the part that is secondary.

The "something real in the world" IS the state of a message that has been discovered and going through the process of interpretation. My theorys description of mathematics expresses an actual phenomenal state that exhibits both discovered and invented qualities in superposition. How is this not clicking in?

The description of mathematics presented by my theory, resolves the question: "why does mathematics exhibit both discovered and invented qualities, simultaneously?" This deeper resolution of the age-old question: "Is mathematics discovered or invented." doesn't even arise from the conventional understanding of mathematics.

Mathematics appears to be both discovered and invented because it is a message that is going through the process of interpretation. A message is created with the intent of it to be discovered. A message that has been discovered and not yet correctly interpreted, would exhibit invented qualities, due to the continuing manipulation of the information within the message in order to reveal the message.

So that's what mathematics is. It is the ongoing attempt to correctly interpret the message by continuing to follow the initial incorrect interpretation
Yeah or maybe it's a message about something else, or maybe it's not a message at all (far more likely imo). Looks like it didn't dawn on you that mathemathicians are unsure because they can think of more possibilities than just one, and they couldn't tell so far, which one if any is the right one.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

roydop wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:24 pm Mathematics is the incorrect interpretation of the message that is being expressed by the natural numbers.

The 'proof' that 1+1=2, that is 360 pages of esoteric symbolism which basically no one understands, is the initial incorrect interpretation. It has been assumed to be correct and we just went with it. Now the technology which that path has created, has humanity helplessly addicted to the technology itself

Math has led humanity deeper into delusion. The incorrect interpretation of a direct message from the Creator, has had dire consequences

And now it has all been revealed as incorrect. But due to humanity's deep level of programming (teaching math) it will be very difficult for people to see
What? Do you need your meds adjusted?

The answer to 1+1 depends on what you mean by "+"; and what you mean by "1"
1 puddle of water + 1 puddle of water = 1 puddle of water
1 apple + 1 apple = 2 apples.
1+1 = 10 in binary

https://youtu.be/0WPY5cfOOIM?si=HWGll_4kbpJ2FSqx
roydop

Post by roydop »

The state of a message that has been discovered and is going through interpretation, is a state that would exhibit both discovered and invented qualities.

Okay so far?

My Theory Of Enlightenment describes mathematics as the ongoing attempt to interpret the message that is the natural numbers. This is an explanation that resolves why math exhibits both discovered and invented qualities.

So you explain to me why mathematics can't be exactly what my theory states it is. If math is what my theory states it is; the ongoing attempt to correctly interpret the message by following the initial incorrect interpretation, then this explains why math appears as it does.

My theorys description of mathematics expresses an actual phenomenal state, and that state is one that exhibits both discovered and invented qualities.

If you can't follow this then either you just don't want to see it, or you're an idiot.

This reveals the MEANING of numbers, resolves the deepest philosophical question about mathematics, and it concludes mathematics

It just does and it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not
Atla

Post by Atla »

roydop wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:32 pm The state of a message that has been discovered and is going through interpretation, is a state that would exhibit both discovered and invented qualities.

Okay so far?

My Theory Of Enlightenment describes mathematics as the ongoing attempt to interpret the message that is the natural numbers. This is an explanation that resolves why math exhibits both discovered and invented qualities.

So you explain to me why mathematics can't be exactly what my theory states it is. If math is what my theory states it is; the ongoing attempt to correctly interpret the message by following the initial incorrect interpretation, then this explains why math appears as it does.

My theorys description of mathematics expresses an actual phenomenal state, and that state is one that exhibits both discovered and invented qualities.

If you can't follow this then either you just don't want to see it, or you're an idiot.

This reveals the MEANING of numbers, resolves the deepest philosophical question about mathematics, and it concludes mathematics

It just does and it doesn't matter if you agree with it or not
I'm not aware that anyone has ever found meaning in the natural numbers. What ongoing process of interpretation is there?

Looks like repeating the abstract unit in base X to me: 1, 1+1, 1+1+1 etc.
Atla

Post by Atla »

I think a better approach would be like asking: why is pi=3.1415... and not something else, why is e=2.7182... and not something else, why is the Golden ratio=1.6180... and not something else, or my favourite one: why does the Monster group have exactly 196883 dimensions? Now that is baffling imo. etc.

I can't prove this but I also suspect that the number 6 somehow represents a perfect minimalistic arrangement of nature. The number 6 seems to come up a lot.

And then there's that crazy stuff that when you take the Zeta function of the sum of all natural numbers: 1+2+3+... up to infinity, you get -1/12 which can than be used in Quantum Mechanics apparently (this may be wrong, don't know).

Are such values, arrangements somehow reflections of the structure/laws/regularities of our universe? Would they be different in other universes (in case there are any), or in other parts of our universe? (I think Arthur C. Clarke played with this idea in one of his books where alien spheres appear on Earth, but pi=3 applies to them.)

Would other universes have different primes? Maybe if you add, substract or multiply natural numbers in another universe, you don't get a natural number as a result?

And so on.

But to flat out claim that the issue is solved, because it's clearly a message about the Samsara cycle.. nah
roydop

Post by roydop »

Mathematics is clearly a message that is being incorrectly interpreted. Regardless of you not believing that the message is expressing Samsara, the point is that the state of MESSAGE having been discovered and not yet correctly interpreted, is a state that EXHIBITS BOTH DISCOVERED AND INVENTED QUALITIES.

The number system is the message and mathematics, starting at addition/counting, is the ongoing attempt to correctly interpret the message by continuing to follow the initial incorrect interpretation.

So if the Theory Of Enlightenment is a crackpot theory, how is it that its description of mathematics expresses a state that exhibits both discovered and invented qualities? The 360 page 'proof' that 1+1=2 offers no resolution to why math exhibits both discovered and invented qualities, and it is so complicated that 99.9999 % of humanity would have no idea what it means.

Occams Razor has my theory, you know, the one that shows how math can actually exist in a superposition of being both discovered and invented, as the correct interpretation of what the number system and mathematics are.

And here it sits in a philosophy forum, in the math section, being completely ignored. It is being ignored because it shows how EVERY0NE has been wrong, THE WHOLE TIME. This is the final Truth and no one here is capable of seeing it.

Academia is an echo chamber of delusion. It is incapable of discerning Truth.
roydop

Post by roydop »

roydop wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 6:47 pm The number system is clearly a message that is being incorrectly interpreted, and that incorrect interpretation IS MATHEMATICS. Regardless of you not believing that the message is expressing Samsara, the point is that the state of MESSAGE having been discovered and not yet correctly interpreted, is a state that EXHIBITS BOTH DISCOVERED AND INVENTED QUALITIES.

The number system is the message and mathematics, starting at addition/counting, is the ongoing attempt to correctly interpret the message by continuing to follow the initial incorrect interpretation.

So if the Theory Of Enlightenment is a crackpot theory, how is it that its description of mathematics expresses a state that exhibits both discovered and invented qualities? The 360 page 'proof' that 1+1=2 offers no resolution to why math exhibits both discovered and invented qualities, and it is so complicated that 99.9999 % of humanity would have no idea what it means.

Occams Razor has my theory, you know, the one that shows how math can actually exist in a superposition of being both discovered and invented, as the correct interpretation of what the number system and mathematics are.

And here it sits in a philosophy forum, in the math section, being completely ignored. It is being ignored because it shows how EVERY0NE has been wrong, THE WHOLE TIME. This is the final Truth and no one here is capable of seeing it.

Academia is an echo chamber of delusion. It is incapable of discerning Truth.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Or maybe Occam's Razor says that you never were a rare genius to begin with, and through years of practicing non-thinking, you also diminished your ability to see and critically evaluate even fairly simple things.

So you can't see that the question "why does mathemathics seem to have both discovered and invented qualities" can have many possible answers, even multiple categories of answers. You only see one possible answer, are totally stuck on it, but apparently can't even expound on it.

And that's why you aren't on CNN breaking news?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:43 pm Why don't you try to disprove what I say? Tell me how the model that I am presenting in the video, is incorrect. Show me how this theory doesn't clearly show WHY mathematics exhibits both discovered and invented qualities.
Because I would need to care in the first place, and then I would need to put myself into a coma by watching your video.