here's why i'm the legitimate owner of the universe

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

here's why i'm the legitimate owner of the universe

Post by Advocate »

•I am the legitimate owner of the universe.

•Ownership is certainty of access and control and legitimate/ethical, legal, and actual ownership must be understood separately.

•The legitimate owner of the universe is the best philosopher. (..who is most likely to do the best things with it if their ownership was actual.)

•The best philosopher is whoever has the best philosophy.

•A philosophy is a coherent set of answers/solutions to a set of philosophical questions/problems.

•A philosophy must be internally coherent to be rational and externally coherent to be useful.

•There are three distinctive areas of philosophy, each with its own tools and aims; Truth Wisdom is the most universal answers to the most universally important questions, Practical Wisdom is custom answers to individual problems, and Academic Philosophy <spit> is about social acceptance as proven by credentials earned primarily through compliance - neither meaningful answers or solutions are required. My scope is Truth Wisdom.

•Within this scope, i can meet the following criteria;
a) cohesive, coherent, conclusive
b) expressible in ordinary language
c) compatible with scientific consensus
d) no gaps, special pleading, appeal to authority, or woo

•Any philosophy that can meet this list of criteria is at minimum better than most.

•My philosophy can easily meet all of those criteria, which none other can, and is therefore the best philosophy, making me the best philosopher therefore the legitimate owner of the universe.
henry quirk

Re: here's why i'm the legitimate owner of the universe

Post by henry quirk »

You can have it. Mind you, there's at least eight billion trespassers in your universe. Good luck with the evictions.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:31 pm •I am the legitimate owner of the universe.

[......]

•My philosophy can easily meet all of those criteria, which none other can, and is therefore the best philosophy, making me the best philosopher therefore the legitimate owner of the universe.
Yes, you are the owner of a mind which, indeed, would need to be the size of the universe in order to hold your enormous ego.

Perhaps we would take you more seriously if you demonstrated that you knew the difference between "statue" and "statute."

...Nah, that ship sailed when you first appeared on the forum and immediately felt that using the forum's normal mode of communication was beneath you.
_______
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="henry quirk" post_id=671102 time=1696167410 user_id=472]
You can have it. Mind you, there's at least eight billion [i]trespassers[/i] in your universe. Good luck with the evictions.
[/quote]

That's a matter of actual ownership. I don't have any of that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:05 pm
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:36 pm You can have it. Mind you, there's at least eight billion trespassers in your universe. Good luck with the evictions.
That's a matter of actual ownership. I don't have any of that.
If you did have actual ownership you would need a Biden Printing Press to pay the property taxes. No ... that wouldn't work. You can't have actual ownership. When they can take your property for not paying taxes, you don't have actual ownership. If you didn't pay your property taxes on the universe some government clerk would reposses the universe from you, and you probably would have to go on the lam.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=seeds post_id=671110 time=1696171559 user_id=12576]
[quote=Advocate post_id=671100 time=1696167069 user_id=15238]

[......]

•My philosophy can easily meet all of those criteria, which none other can, and is therefore the best philosophy, making me the best philosopher therefore the legitimate owner of the universe.[/quote]
Yes, you are the owner of a mind which, indeed, would need to be the size of the universe in order to hold your enormous ego.

Perhaps we would take you more seriously if you demonstrated that you knew the difference between "statue" and "statute."

...Nah, that ship sailed when you first appeared on the forum and immediately felt that using the forum's normal mode of communication was beneath you.
_______
[/quote]

How you fit so much straw in that man is amazing. By which i mean abominable.
seeds

Post by seeds »

[/quote=Advocate post_id=671120 time=1696175912 user_id=15238]
[/quote=seeds post_id=671110 time=1696171559 user_id=12576]
[/quote=Advocate post_id=671100 time=1696167069 user_id=15238]
[/quote]•I am the legitimate owner of the universe.[......][/quote]
[/quote]...Nah, that ship sailed when you first appeared on the forum and immediately felt that using the forum's normal mode of communication was beneath you._______[/quote]
[/quote]How[/quote] [/quote]you [/quote][/quote]fit[/quote] [/quote]so[/quote] [/quote]much[/quote] [/quote]straw[/quote] [/quote]in[/quote][/quote] that[/quote] [/quote]man[/quote] [/quote]is[/quote] [/quote]amazing.[/quote][/quote]By[/quote] [/quote]which[/quote] [/quote]i [/quote][/quote]mean[/quote] [/quote]abominable.[/quote]

Is that the [b/][/i][/size=150][/list]"abominable strawman"[/list][/size][/i][/b]?
_______
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:05 pmThat's a matter of actual ownership. I don't have any of that.
What you mean to say is you lack possession, and you lack the means to enforce possession.

It's like when a nimrod steals a car: he possesses it but the legit owner remains the legit owner.

So: how do we go about gettin' you what's yours?

Empire building, that's how.

First we conquer a region, then a nation, then other nations; then we secure global control; next comes exploiting all resources, planetary then system wide; then other star systems: in a million years, give or take 100 thousand, you'll be well on your way to being Universal Monarch. After that: it's a cake walk. I'm assuming some kind of FTL travel in this. Without it, your ascension will be delayed. I'm also assuming some kind of life extension: you may end up looking considerably different by the time you take the Throne.

So: when do we start?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=seeds post_id=671123 time=1696178282 user_id=12576]
[/quote=Advocate post_id=671120 time=1696175912 user_id=15238]
[/quote=seeds post_id=671110 time=1696171559 user_id=12576]
[/quote=Advocate post_id=671100 time=1696167069 user_id=15238]
[/quote]•I am the legitimate owner of the universe.[......][/quote]
[/quote]...Nah, that ship sailed when you first appeared on the forum and immediately felt that using the forum's normal mode of communication was beneath you._______[/quote]
[/quote]How[/quote] [/quote]you [/quote][/quote]fit[/quote] [/quote]so[/quote] [/quote]much[/quote] [/quote]straw[/quote] [/quote]in[/quote][/quote] that[/quote] [/quote]man[/quote] [/quote]is[/quote] [/quote]amazing.[/quote][/quote]By[/quote] [/quote]which[/quote] [/quote]i [/quote][/quote]mean[/quote] [/quote]abominable.[/quote]

Is that the [b/][/i][/size=150][/list]"abominable strawman"[/list][/size][/i][/b]?
_______
[/quote]

Ia) irrelevant to the op

b) a feature of the platform which wouldn't be included of it wasn't intended to be used

c) the default sucks, which is why i've disabled it
seeds

Post by seeds »

Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:21 pm
seeds wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:38 pm ...Nah, that ship sailed when you first appeared on the forum and immediately felt that using the forum's normal mode of communication was beneath you.
Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:21 pm Ia) irrelevant to the op
It has everything to do with the OP, because seeing how the conveyance of one's philosophy is already plagued with difficulties in getting others to understand what you mean,...

...then one would think that the "best philosopher in the universe" would not go out of her way to create even greater impediments to the conveyance of her philosophy by purposely creating a situation where the quoted words of her opponents are not only displayed with distracting formatting symbols,...

...and not only require the reader to have difficulty figuring out where the quote ends and the response begins,...

...but, also, doesn't even include the little button (the tiny up arrow - ↑) that - for the purpose of viewing context - links the reader to the post from which the quote was taken.
Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:21 pm b) a feature of the platform which wouldn't be included of it wasn't intended to be used
Yes, and just like the near nonexistence of a moderator to boot trolls, troublemakers, and insufferable blowhards from the forum, it is a bad idea.
Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:21 pm c) the default sucks, which is why i've disabled it
Yet, your obfuscating method is better? - a method that not only elicits condemnation of your presentation style before one even considers what you have to say,...

...but combined with your "...I'm the best philosopher in the universe..." blowhardishness, would get you banned from most forums.

My goodness, it seems to me that "...the best philosopher in the universe..." wouldn't be so hell-bent on sabotaging her own efforts.

But I guess such is the case when one appears to be so deeply under the thrall of the Dunning-Kruger Effect.
_______
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

seeds wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:32 pm Dunning-Kruger Effect.
That dude has the full NPD
Atla

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:31 pm •I am the legitimate owner of the universe.

•Ownership is certainty of access and control and legitimate/ethical, legal, and actual ownership must be understood separately.

•The legitimate owner of the universe is the best philosopher. (..who is most likely to do the best things with it if their ownership was actual.)

•A philosophy is a coherent set of answers/solutions to a set of philosophical questions/problems.

•A philosophy must be internally coherent to be rational and externally coherent to be useful.

•There are three distinctive areas of philosophy, each with its own tools and aims; Truth Wisdom is the most universal answers to the most universally important questions, Practical Wisdom is custom answers to individual problems, and Academic Philosophy <spit> is about social acceptance as proven by credentials earned primarily through compliance - neither meaningful answers or solutions are required. My scope is Truth Wisdom.

•Any philosophy that can meet this list of criteria is at minimum better than most.

But what if humanity has like 20-30 years left, so the "best philosophies" aren't focused on something as trivial as humanity, but on potential possibilities that go beyond it? :)
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Atla post_id=671148 time=1696197591 user_id=15497]
[quote=Advocate post_id=671100 time=1696167069 user_id=15238]

[/quote]
But what if humanity has like 20-30 years left, so the "best philosophies" aren't focused on something as trivial as humanity, but on potential possibilities that go beyond it? :)
[/quote]

We can't access that scope yet. We have existential rot to deal with first.

Post by Age »

Of course thee 'I' is the legitimate, and only, 'owner' of the Universe.

Who and what thee 'I' is, exactly, however, most of 'you', human beings, in the days when this is being written are yet to fully understand.

By the way, that 'I' is certainly NOT ANY one of 'you', human beings, although one labelled "advocate" might believe otherwise.

Post by Age »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:38 pm
Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:05 pmThat's a matter of actual ownership. I don't have any of that.
What you mean to say is you lack possession, and you lack the means to enforce possession.

It's like when a nimrod steals a car: he possesses it but the legit owner remains the legit owner.
So, the land that you say you possess, really is owned by the legitimate owner, and not by 'you' at all "Henry quirk".

Or, do you still really believe that 'you' are, laughingly, the legitimate owner of said land?
henry quirk wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:38 pm
So: how do we go about gettin' you what's yours?

Empire building, that's how.

First we conquer a region, then a nation, then other nations; then we secure global control; next comes exploiting all resources, planetary then system wide; then other star systems: in a million years, give or take 100 thousand, you'll be well on your way to being Universal Monarch. After that: it's a cake walk. I'm assuming some kind of FTL travel in this. Without it, your ascension will be delayed. I'm also assuming some kind of life extension: you may end up looking considerably different by the time you take the Throne.

So: when do we start?