here's why i'm the legitimate owner of the universe

Abortion, euthanasia, genetic engineering, Just War theory and other such hot topics.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: Re:

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:43 pm It's one thing to be a troll and another to be Only a troll.
Well I'm about 25% troll so I guess that's 'a' troll. Nah make it 30.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Atla post_id=674996 time=1698087533 user_id=15497]
[quote=Advocate post_id=674993 time=1698086614 user_id=15238]
It's one thing to be a troll and another to be Only a troll.
[/quote]
[/quote]

No. A troll is creative, even intellectual. That's not what you're doing. What you're doing is making a mess. That's the other kind - scum.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:00 pm
Atla wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:58 pm
Advocate wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:43 pm It's one thing to be a troll and another to be Only a troll.
No. A troll is creative, even intellectual. That's not what you're doing. What you're doing is making a mess. That's the other kind - scum.
I'm probably making a mess, but I just pointed out how limited your ontology is. Adopting the nondual philosophical framework with its 'awakening' can take a few years, adopting the extradimensional philosophical framework can take a while too. Looks like you've done neither.
And even in that medium sized box you call philosophy, metaphysics is banned, it's just instrumentalism.
commonsense

Re: here's why i'm the legitimate owner of the universe

Post by commonsense »

Advocate wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:34 pm What's really telling here isn't anything i've said but the fact that others seem incapable of talking about the ideas instead of the person who said them. Talk about the attributes of legitimacy. Talk about ownership. Talk about the attributes of the best philosophy. If you're not addressing those points you have nothing to say about the me at the bottom of the well.
But, in fairness, the thread title is about the person.
FlashDangerpants

Re: A narcissist says what?

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Advocate wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:23 pm You throw accusations of narcissism so easily yet there's literally no philosophy that has ever been better in any respect.
That's exactly how you would rate your own work if you were a narcissist.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=commonsense post_id=675494 time=1698327353 user_id=14610]
[quote=Advocate post_id=674988 time=1698086059 user_id=15238]
What's really telling here isn't anything i've said but the fact that others seem incapable of talking about the ideas instead of the person who said them. Talk about the attributes of legitimacy. Talk about ownership. Talk about the attributes of the best philosophy. If you're not addressing those points you have nothing to say about the me at the bottom of the well.
[/quote]

[/quote]

No. Not at all. That's one part of a much larger picture.
Advocate

Re: A narcissist says what?

Post by Advocate »

[quote=FlashDangerpants post_id=675496 time=1698328379 user_id=11800]
[quote=Advocate post_id=674986 time=1698085420 user_id=15238]
You throw accusations of narcissism so easily yet there's literally no philosophy that has ever been better in any respect.
[/quote]
That's exactly how you would rate your own work if you were a narcissist.
[/quote]

And if it's true, which you don't have the capacity to decide, so STFU.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

commonsense wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:35 pm
Advocate wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:34 pm What's really telling here isn't anything i've said but the fact that others seem incapable of talking about the ideas instead of the person who said them. Talk about the attributes of legitimacy. Talk about ownership. Talk about the attributes of the best philosophy. If you're not addressing those points you have nothing to say about the me at the bottom of the well.
Precisely. And not only that but it places that person in a role in relation to other people, including everyone here being addressed and implicit evaluated and posited as owned. And these patterns continue through the thread including the post above this one.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:34 pm What's really telling here isn't anything i've said but the fact that others seem incapable of talking about the ideas instead of the person who said them.
Well since FDP pointed out this funny one:
Science is rigor, or the body of knowledge thereby achieved.

You can know this to be true because starting with only the first three words, one could recreate everything else that science is today.
How does that make sense? Science is rigor.
You can be a person who is
- rigorous in adhering to your religion's holy book, down to the letter
- rigorous when it comes to memorizing all the available information about the 1976 Winter Olympics
- rigorous when it comes to persecuting people who are too much into physics, biology, engineering
- rigorous in checking your kids's grades and beating them accordingly when they bring home bad grades

Is it true that the body of knowledge achieved by the above is what we generally should identify as science?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:31 pm •I am the legitimate owner of the universe.

•Ownership is certainty of access and control and legitimate/ethical, legal, and actual ownership must be understood separately.

•The legitimate owner of the universe is the best philosopher. (..who is most likely to do the best things with it if their ownership was actual.)

•The best philosopher is whoever has the best philosophy.

•A philosophy is a coherent set of answers/solutions to a set of philosophical questions/problems.

•A philosophy must be internally coherent to be rational and externally coherent to be useful.

•There are three distinctive areas of philosophy, each with its own tools and aims; Truth Wisdom is the most universal answers to the most universally important questions, Practical Wisdom is custom answers to individual problems, and Academic Philosophy <spit> is about social acceptance as proven by credentials earned primarily through compliance - neither meaningful answers or solutions are required. My scope is Truth Wisdom.

•Within this scope, i can meet the following criteria;
a) cohesive, coherent, conclusive
b) expressible in ordinary language
c) compatible with scientific consensus
d) no gaps, special pleading, appeal to authority, or woo

•Any philosophy that can meet this list of criteria is at minimum better than most.

•My philosophy can easily meet all of those criteria, which none other can, and is therefore the best philosophy, making me the best philosopher therefore the legitimate owner of the universe.
As long as humanity exists or isn't at least heavily genetically modified, the most ownership goes to the people with the most power. It has basically nothing to do with doing the best things.

Also, one could say that the best philosophy starts with acknowledging the above, so how does one tear down the whole world / let it tear itself down, so then it can be rebuilt, or how does one at least trick the world into creating a superior species via gene modification?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:00 am
Advocate wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:31 pm •I am the legitimate owner of the universe.

•Ownership is certainty of access and control and legitimate/ethical, legal, and actual ownership must be understood separately.

•The legitimate owner of the universe is the best philosopher. (..who is most likely to do the best things with it if their ownership was actual.)

•The best philosopher is whoever has the best philosophy.

•A philosophy is a coherent set of answers/solutions to a set of philosophical questions/problems.

•A philosophy must be internally coherent to be rational and externally coherent to be useful.

•There are three distinctive areas of philosophy, each with its own tools and aims; Truth Wisdom is the most universal answers to the most universally important questions, Practical Wisdom is custom answers to individual problems, and Academic Philosophy <spit> is about social acceptance as proven by credentials earned primarily through compliance - neither meaningful answers or solutions are required. My scope is Truth Wisdom.

•Within this scope, i can meet the following criteria;
a) cohesive, coherent, conclusive
b) expressible in ordinary language
c) compatible with scientific consensus
d) no gaps, special pleading, appeal to authority, or woo

•Any philosophy that can meet this list of criteria is at minimum better than most.

•My philosophy can easily meet all of those criteria, which none other can, and is therefore the best philosophy, making me the best philosopher therefore the legitimate owner of the universe.
As long as humanity exists or isn't at least heavily genetically modified, the most ownership goes to the people with the most power.
And WHO are 'the people' who 'you' think or BELIEVE are 'the ones' WITH the 'most power' "atla"?

AND, OBVIOUSLY, 'you' will NOT ANSWER this QUESTION because 'you' KNOW just how STUPID and RIDICULOUS 'you' WILL THEN LOOK.
Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:00 am It has basically nothing to do with doing the best things.

Also, one could say that the best philosophy starts with acknowledging the above, so how does one tear down the whole world or at least try to trick it into creating a superior species via gene modification?
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:20 am And WHO are 'the people' who 'you' think or BELIEVE are 'the ones' WITH the 'most power' "atla"?

AND, OBVIOUSLY, 'you' will NOT ANSWER this QUESTION because 'you' KNOW just how STUPID and RIDICULOUS 'you' WILL THEN LOOK.
I can't give an exact list of names, but the people who hold the most financial, political, military power on the planet.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:25 am
Age wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:20 am And WHO are 'the people' who 'you' think or BELIEVE are 'the ones' WITH the 'most power' "atla"?

I can't give an exact list of names, but the people who hold the most financial, political, military power on the planet.
So, to "atla", 'the people' WITH the 'most power' are the people who HOLD the 'most power'. BUT "atla" WILL NOT give an EXACT LIST, NOR ANY LIST, AT ALL, for that matter.

And, as I HAVE ALREADY POINTED OUT and EXPLAINED "atla" WILL NOT give A LIST, thus WILL NOT ANSWER the ACTUAL QUESTION posed, and ASKED, here IS BECAUSE "atla" KNOWS just how STUPID and RIDICULOUS 'it' WILL THEN LOOK, if 'it' even 'TRIED TO'.

Thus, "atla" is here, ONCE MORE, PROVING ABSOLUTELY True MY WORDS and CLAIMS, FOR 'me'.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:33 am

So, to "atla", 'the people' WITH the 'most power' are the people who HOLD the 'most power'. BUT "atla" WILL NOT give an EXACT LIST, NOR ANY LIST, AT ALL, for that matter.

And, as I HAVE ALREADY POINTED OUT and EXPLAINED "atla" WILL NOT give A LIST, thus WILL NOT ANSWER the ACTUAL QUESTION posed, and ASKED, here IS BECAUSE "atla" KNOWS just how STUPID and RIDICULOUS 'it' WILL THEN LOOK, if 'it' even 'TRIED TO'.

Thus, "atla" is here, ONCE MORE, PROVING ABSOLUTELY True MY WORDS and CLAIMS, FOR 'me'.
More sheer idiocy. Just because I don't know exactly who they are, doesn't mean that there aren't hierarchies in place worldwide, with people at the top. You realize that you prove with every comment how completely retarded you are? The Chinese and Russian presidents seem fairly certain though.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:37 am
Age wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:33 am

More sheer idiocy. Just because I don't know exactly who they are, doesn't mean that there aren't hierarchies in place worldwide, with people at the top.
BUT there is NO ACTUAL 'hierarchies' AMONG 'you', human beings. Unless 'you' are talking ABOUT and referring TO those ONLY 'IMAGINED' ones, OF COURSE.

Now, and OBVIOUSLY, there is ONLY 'you', human beings, which, IF HAD TO BE, "separated", (again through CONCEPTION ONLY), then there is REALLY ONLY TWO OF 'you', human beings. That is; children AND adults. Which are ONLY so-called "separated" by the RESPONSIBLE ones, or MORE CORRECTLY those who are MEANT TO BE RESPONSIBLE, FROM those who are NOT, yet, RESPONSIBLE, or MORE CORRECTLY, who are NOT YET MEANT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE.

Now, if 'you' can NOT even NAME 'the people' who are CLAIMED to HAVE 'power', then 'you' are JUST PROVING 'me' True, FURTHER and MORE.
Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:37 am You realize that you prove with every comment how completely retarded you are?
YES, I KNOW that WITH ABSOLUTELY EVERY comment I MAKE, 'your' CURRENTLY HELD BELIEF here becomes MORE TRUE, MORE RIGHT, and MORE CORRECT here, for 'you' ALONE.

And, I ALSO KNOW that 'you' ARE MAKING 'my comments' BE PROVED ABSOLUTELY TRUE, to 'you', BECAUSE 'this' IS the ONLY WAY that 'you' have LEARNED to COMFORT "your" 'self" WHEN BEING PROVED Wrong.

Furthermore, is 'it' ABSOLUTELY TRUE that ABSOLUTELY EVERY comment OF 'mine' PROVES how COMPLETELY RETARDED 'I' AM, to 'you'?
Atla wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:37 am The Chinese and Russian presidents seem fairly certain though.
'you' have ALSO seemed fairly CERTAIN of some 'things', and have 'you' BEEN ABSOLUTELY RIGHT and CORRECT EVERY 'time'?

Also, does just being a so-called "chinese" and/or "russian" "president" make what 'those ones' seem fairly certain of MAKE 'that thing' MORE CERTAIN or MORE TRUE?