NEWS FLASH FROM THE SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF EARTH

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: NEWS FLASH FROM THE SCIENCE DEPARTMENT OF EARTH

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:14 am
Age wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:12 am
Atla wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:56 am
How could I not be able to explain it? Ever heard of brains? Psychology? Mental problems? Personality types? Neuroscience? Observed behaviour?

How exactly do you even manage to ignore all that?
LOL just I claimed, you will show and prove that you are completely incapable of explaining what the mind is, exactly, which you also like to claim that each different person has a different one of,
The mind is a part of the head viewed from the internal perspective. Different people have different heads and therefore different minds.

What don't you understand here?
LOL
LOL
LOL

you really do make me laugh "atla".

"atla's" attempt at explaining what the mind is, exactly, is - the mind is a part of the head, viewed from the internal perspective.

So, as I claimed, "atla" will show and prove to us that "atla" is completely incapable of explaining what the mind is, exactly.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Age wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:54 pm

LOL just I claimed, you will show and prove that you are completely incapable of explaining what the mind is, exactly, which you also like to claim that each different person has a different one of,
The mind is a part of the head viewed from the internal perspective. Different people have different heads and therefore different minds.

LOL
LOL
LOL

"atla's" attempt at explaining what the mind is, exactly, is - the mind is a part of the head, viewed from the internal perspective.

So, as I claimed, "atla" will show and prove to us that "atla" is completely incapable of explaining what the mind is, exactly.
Sad. Your attempts at being human are depressing at best. I'm afraid you will never be human, AI Age, even at the lowest level.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:18 am
Atla wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:58 am As for Age, I'm not sure either what that creature is. I think it could be a fairly dumb autistic-schizophrenic female
Age used to go by the name Ken.

Here was his Introduction post back when he communicated as if he were one of us and he didn't use a bunch of capital letters:

viewtopic.php?p=253290#p253290
Thank you for resubmitting this now.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:22 am
Atla wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:20 am
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:18 am
Age used to go by the name Ken.

Here was his Introduction post back when he communicated as if he were one of us and he didn't use a bunch of capital letters:

viewtopic.php?p=253290#p253290
I know but it still could be a female. Comes across like a male first but on second thought it might act like a heavily autistic female too
How do you tell an autistic female from an autistic male online?
AND, what would it even matter anyway?

Only what is said and written is what is actually important.

By who and what is of absolutely no importance at all.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Age wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:54 pm

LOL
LOL
LOL

It's what the biological neural network in your head is like from the internal perspective.
The mental/material duality is probably an illuson, reality is nondual in that regard, in other words mental and material are probably of one and the same nature. As far as I remember, one of your problems was that you believe in the mental/material duality.

Again, what don't you understand here?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:25 am
I know but it still could be a female. Comes across like a male first but on second thought it might act like a heavily autistic female too
Not sure, don't have much experience with that. In Age's case it could be more emotionally charged stances I guess and more bitching
What we can see here, once again, is the continual talking OR or ABOUT "another", which was a very common past time, back in the days when this was being written.

In fact there was a whole teaching system called 'philosophy' that was based solely around presuming, guessing, and theorizing ABOUT what 'other people' had said and written, and what was meant. Never once did it occur to most of these people who spent so much time 'studying' "others" that they will never know, for sure, what was actually meant. It also never occurred to a lot of these people to also just ask, directly, clarifying questions to 'the one', directly, who said or wrote things, questions like, 'What do you actually mean?'

These people, back then, as can be clearly seen throughout these writings much preferred to just talk ABOUT "others", instead.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:31 am
Not sure, don't have much experience with that. In Age's case it could be more emotionally charged stances I guess and more bitching
There have been several males on this forum over the years who have been emotionally charged and who bitch all the time. I think it's more associated with mental illness than with gender.
What exactly do you think is more associated with mental illness than with gender?
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:03 pm
AND, what would it even matter anyway?

Only what is said and written is what is actually important.

By who and what is of absolutely no importance at all.
So true! Even a 'bot' can understand this! Shame that the idiots who are arguing about your 'botsex' can't understand it.

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:37 am
There have been several males on this forum over the years who have been emotionally charged and who bitch all the time. I think it's more associated with mental illness than with gender.
I mean men tend to have their emotional and thinking sides more distinct and women have them more unified.
Who cares what your own personally gained views are? Especially when they do not align with what is actually True and Right.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:03 am
I mean men tend to have their emotional and thinking sides more distinct and women have them more unified.
Are you at all familiar with the emotional anger and fear that drives the thinking of so many men?
Why do you people, in the days when this is being written, think and believe that there really is a difference between 'men' and 'women' in regards to what you are talking about here?

Really why do 'you', people, think you have learned to look at and see 'men' and 'women' are different mentally and emotionally?

Post by Age »

Atla wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:14 am
Are you at all familiar with the emotional anger and fear that drives the thinking of so many men?
Yes, and are you at all familiar with the fact that women can do it too? And I don't think that really explains what's going on with Age either.
So, what is, supposedly, really 'going on' with "age"?
vegetariantaxidermy

Age wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:15 pm
Why do you people, in the days when this is being written, think and believe that there really is a difference between 'men' and 'women' in regards to what you are talking about here?

Really why do 'you', people, think you have learned to look at and see 'men' and 'women' are different mentally and emotionally?
Perhaps you don't make any sense to those people who don't have 'autism'? Has that not occurred to you? That perhaps your 'syndrome' is warping your view of reality?

Post by Age »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:17 am
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:03 am Are you at all familiar with the emotional anger and fear that drives the thinking of so many men?
That's a very pointless question. Most men aren't aware that their own behaviour is the product of anger and fear.
But emotions/internal feelings alone do not control what human beings do.

What actually controls behavior is very different.
Skepdick wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:17 am We often have very elaborate alternative explanations. It's uesful tool which serves our noble goals - a powerful motivator, blah blah.

It's not entirely false either - to somebody who doesn't know any better it's the only motivator they have.

Takes lots of self-knowledge to harnes the anger and turn it into a force for good!
Why do you have so much build up anger "skepdick"?
vegetariantaxidermy

:lol:

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:24 am
Atla wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:14 am
Yes, and are you at all familiar with the fact that women can do it too? And I don't think that really explains what's going on with Age either.
I already suggested this is about mental illness.
What, exactly, is about mental illness?

In other words what is the 'this' word here referring to exactly?
Lacewing wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:24 am You're the one who tried to assign a gender... which shows what you are about. 8)
Yes, I wonder why 'you', people, back then, spend so much time on gender?

Especially considering gender had absolutely nothing at all to do with a lot of what 'you', people, thought and imagined it did.