Science is dead!

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: Science is dead!

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:29 pm As long as there is science, there will be corruption of science.
You might as well just say, as long as there are people, there will be corruption. Politics, religion, finance...
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Science isn't dead now or any time soon, though I worry sometimes about humans.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:12 pm Science isn't dead now or any time soon, though I worry sometimes about humans.
Nah, I think the guys who never even tried to get a university education are right on this one. They're who I'd trust on questions of science, not stupid scientists.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:59 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:12 pm Science isn't dead now or any time soon, though I worry sometimes about humans.
Nah, I think the guys who never even tried to get a university education are right on this one. They're who I'd trust on questions of science, not stupid scientists.
Yes, you're right. They wouldn't have a confirmation bias or a conflict of interest. It's just like dentists always have dental solutions to teeth problems. My neighbor one floor down is much more open-minded.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:52 pm
Yes, you're right. They wouldn't have a confirmation bias or a conflict of interest. It's just like dentists always have dental solutions to teeth problems. My neighbor one floor down is much more open-minded.
I've heard from dentists my whole life that flossing is super important. I heard from my co worker that HIS dentist says flossing is over rated.

You know those tooth paste commercials that say 9/10 dentists recommend? I think my friend goes to the other dentist.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:40 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:52 pm

I've heard from dentists my whole life that flossing is super important. I heard from my co worker that HIS dentist says flossing is over rated.

You know those tooth paste commercials that say 9/10 dentists recommend? I think my friend goes to the other dentist.
It doesn't really matter. Dentistry is dead. Physical teeth, LOL 8), that's so 20th century.

I use...
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/perfect-s ... 1531654006
Atla

Post by Atla »

But there is this secret trick from an old lady, that makes your teeth 367% healthier after just 39 seconds.

Dentists HATE her!

For more info, just type your e-mail address and your credit card details here:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

..and climate scientists are just part of a big conspiracy. :roll:

CO2

A star
from afar
or so close
this one I boast
does power my car
I run afar
places never guilt
now it's coated in silt
aeons of fury
nature my judge and jury
but I feel so fine
it's running all the time
to take me nowhere
why should I care
no one ever does
what's all the fuss?
fuck it any way
the Earth can suck it all day
an aeon of energy
stored up and exhaled
in a spliff of a century
someone said to me
take your foot off the peddle
with the balance you've meddled
but we say back
fuck nature, fuck that
fuck everything we're a new breed
I'm human I need
oh planet?
we never planned it!

Post by Age »

Cerveny wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:44 am
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:21 pm I think physicists just use their knowledge to knock each other off their podiums because if they only open up two slits then they don't get a wave. Maybe a wave is what it will take.
The decline of physics is sad, we don't understand space, time, matter :(
'you', human beings, back when this was being written ONLY had NOT YET UNDERSTOOD 'those things' BECAUSE 'you', human beings, BACK THEN, when this WAS being written, were Wrongly DEFINING 'those words'.

Which could be PROVEN ABSOLUTELY True here, in this forum, if ABSOLUTELY ANY one of you CARED TO START DEFINING 'those words' here.

BUT, 'this' IS ALREADY PROVED IRREFUTABLY True anyway by what WAS being WRITTEN, in general, BACK THEN, in those days when this was being written.

ONCE 'those words' WERE defined in A WAY and WHERE the definitions FITTED IN PERFECTLY WITH 'one another', then UNDERSTANDING 'those things' WAS A Truly SIMPLE and EASY process, and A VERY QUICK and SHORT one ALSO I will add.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:04 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:21 pm I think physicists just use their knowledge to knock each other off their podiums because if they only open up two slits then they don't get a wave. Maybe a wave is what it will take.
Is it "sad"? We've used physics to build better methods of destruction. It is not/will not be "sad" to see that go away. If/when we discover how to use physics to preserve and improve life, then perhaps we can return to it.
'This' HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCOVERED "garry childress", and 'we' ARE ALREADY RETURNING BACK TO how 'things' USED TO BE, that is, BACK TO Peace AND Harmony. BUT, 'now', JUST WITH ALL OF THE 'modern' 'human created 'good' OR Truly WANTED 'things' ALONE.
cladking

Post by cladking »

Is it "sad"? We've used physics to build better methods of destruction. It is not/will not be "sad" to see that go away. If/when we discover how to use physics to preserve and improve life, then perhaps we can return to it.
Nothing is as it appears from any vantage or any slit. All of reality is digital and all of our thought and experience is analog. The complexity of reality is infinitely greater than infinity itself. We are each a product of our time and place and no time or place has ever perceived reality as it exists. No science, no physics, exists outside of experiment which is a natural logic for studying reality.

There is no such thing as "natural law" or "law of nature" and these seem to exist because reality is logic manifest and mathematics is logic quantified.

Consciousness is life and logic incarnate BUT this doesn't apply to humans because we use confused language in which logic can't exist as it does in every other living thing.

...Go figure!

We can't see reality because our beliefs always get in the way.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

cladking wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:02 pm
Nothing is as it appears from any vantage or any slit. All of reality is digital and all of our thought and experience is analog. The complexity of reality is infinitely greater than infinity itself. We are each a product of our time and place and no time or place has ever perceived reality as it exists. No science, no physics, exists outside of experiment which is a natural logic for studying reality.

There is no such thing as "natural law" or "law of nature" and these seem to exist because reality is logic manifest and mathematics is logic quantified.

Consciousness is life and logic incarnate BUT this doesn't apply to humans because we use confused language in which logic can't exist as it does in every other living thing.

...Go figure!

Who's a little know-it-all? :|

Post by Age »

cladking wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:02 pm

...Go figure!

If you have beliefs, which get in the way, then why have and keep beliefs?

Why not just get rid of the beliefs you are keeping, and then just not have any more?
cladking

Post by cladking »

Harbal wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:12 pm
Who's a little know-it-all? :|
I know nothing at all. I have merely deduced the formatting of science and reality from experiment. Others will have to fill everything in.

I'm not so little. But I have discovered all this through coming to understand thought which I began when I was very little.

Obviously I may have made some errors in logic because just like everyone I see not reality but what I believe. Induction is merely a standardized form of pattern recognition for humans and deduction oft goes astray.
cladking

Post by cladking »

Age wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:55 pm

If you have beliefs, which get in the way, then why have and keep beliefs?

Why not just get rid of the beliefs you are keeping, and then just not have any more?
I call our species "homo omnisciencis" because we each believe we individually and collectively know everything. Rather than seeing what exists we see what we believe so our preconceptions are always being reinforced. We might also be called "homo circularis rationatio" because our beliefs necessarily drive our reasoning in a circle right back to our assumptions.

We can not operate at all without preconceptions. Some of these are simply inane or display circular reasoning such as "I think therefore I am".

Nothing is as it appears. Humans didn't always think this way and no other species has ever experienced thought other than our own. This is all brand new and arose when we did ~2000 BC.

Reality might better be seen from the inside as all other life sees it but our perspective is always from infinite distance.