God? It is Only in the Brain

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: God? It is Only in the Brain

Post by Dontaskme »

Why do you need to explain something in complex and lengthy ways over and over again in as many different ways you can think of, when ultimately you don't need to? 🤔

Every conceptual 'thing' known, is brain dependant for it's knowing.

It's take a brain to claim.

There's nothing else to say about this.

All the knowledge about reality is a mentally constructed phenomena.

Notice also, that reality has no need to know anything, it just is...therefore, knowing is only a need to know, and that need to know, needs a brain.
LuckyR

Re: God? It is Only in the Brain

Post by LuckyR »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:37 am
LuckyR wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:13 pm
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:34 am
Not so fast..
There are two basis of reasoning within humans, i.e.

1. Primal, primitive and pure reason
2. Critical thinking and rational thinking.

1. Primal, primitive and pure reason is critical for survival and had been there since humans first emerged.
Pattern recognition is merely one tool of information gathering but what is critical is human rely on the primal reasoning [primal induction] to infer from the information gathered or experienced.
The primal reason is used to infer from effects to cause and predict causes to effects.

It is the reliance of this primal, pure, primitive reasoning that triggered humans to be dogmatic with their stance, e.g. the existence of an absolutely mind-independent reality and things plus the clinging to God and theism.

This is why Kant introduced his Critique of Pure Reason to promote more competent Critical and rational thinking.
In my experience your two choices are two steps in a single process. Pattern recognition gives one a prediction of what is going to happen based on knowledge of past events then reason is used to decide what to do given this understanding. Thus it isn't an either or choice, it is a two step process.
You state above it is a single process then later a two-step-process, so which?

With serious deliberation, there are nuances to pattern recognition.

Pattern recognition do involve reasoning but it is very primal [crude, pure, primitive] reasoning [could end up with hasty generalization and other fallacies]; it is not critical or rational thinking.
This is where the idea of God [illusory] is conceived [as thought] which is only confined to the brain.

Fundamentally there is a primal [crude, pure, primitive] reasoning process of "if X, then Y" i.e. if this pattern of perturbation X then it is pattern Y.

It is only subsequent to pattern recognition that we apply critical and rational thinking that we use those registered patterns for inductive or deductive reasoning.
I apologize that I apparently made a single, two step process (that is: one step followed by another in a combined single process) difficult to understand.

To my understanding we are in agreement.