Why do many "philosophers" (especially) users on this website, act as if there is no God. Or evidence of God?

Should you think about your duty, or about the consequences of your actions? Or should you concentrate on becoming a good person?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Why do many "philosophers" (especially) users on this website, act as if there is no God. Or evidence of God?

Post by Age »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:40 pm
Age wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 3:16 am
'What do you believe?'
I no longer will participate within the perimeters of this conversation. Thank you all for letting me share my side, I am choosing to move along in my philosophical blogging to a new conversation apart from you Mr. Age. For it has become apparent to me that you cannot understand the simplicity of my words and choose not to understand why I am believing so but choosing to argue by having something to say in general with no context.

Ask and you shall receive.

I have done just as you asked, now you abuse my time.

It is finished
LOL "toppsy kretts".
Sculptor

Re: Why do many "philosophers" (especially) users on this website, act as if there is no God. Or evidence of God?

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:12 am According to archeology, human beings have been around for at least a hundred thousand years. There have been countless varied stories and beliefs all along the way. You have subscribed to one particular story from a few thousand years ago. That snapshot in time is a subset of a much larger and longer unfolding, and that snapshot is characterized and created by people of that time and place who sought to establish and propagate certain beliefs for various reasons that were of use to them. Those beliefs and stories still have a following, although that in itself is not that impressive considering there are cultures whose beliefs and stories have been around much, much longer.

Why don't Christians have respect or regard for any of that? Why do they imagine that the only things of significance are from the story they want to associate themselves with? It's rather narcissistic... masquerading as some kind of unique holiness. Unique holiness doesn't make any sense except to small, self-serving minds.

You asked: Why do people on this philosophy website act as if there is no God or evidence of God? Perhaps because the kind of god that humans typically imagine and describe doesn't make sense -- and 'claims' and 'beliefs' and 'stories' are not evidence. There are many possible reasons why people can experience spirituality and seeming 'miracles'. No particular belief system is responsible for that.

What is it going to take to move/think beyond the small, self-serving and fearful notions of primitive man serving gods?
Surely the aliens that created us, have some sort of plan? Or are they just playing a game of dice?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Sculptor wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:16 am Surely the aliens that created us, have some sort of plan? Or are they just playing a game of dice?
Why don't you go sculpt the big asshole that you are?

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:00 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:16 am Surely the aliens that created us, have some sort of plan? Or are they just playing a game of dice?
'your' INABILITY to just ANSWER the QUESTIONS posed, and ASKED TO 'you' "lacewing" PROVES just how GOOD CHALLENGING QUESTIONS they REALLY WERE, and STILL ARE, and/or PROVES how when 'you' thought ABOUT 'them', 'they' MAKE your ideas and views here just ANOTHER FORM of ANOTHER God STORY.

There are, ALSO, by the way, a HEAP of OTHER INCONSISTENCIES and CONTRADICTIONS in regards to YOUR ideas and views here that I could have brought INTO this DISCUSSION and THREAD, but YOUR INABILITY to just answer these two VERY SIMPLE and VERY OPEN CLARIFY QUESTIONS SHOWS and PROVES just how IRRATIONAL and ILLOGICAL YOUR views and ideas here REALLY ARE.

However, while I SAY 'this', there IS ACTUALLY FAR MORE Truth in YOUR views and ideas here that you are NOT YET AWARE OF.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:00 pm
Because your theory keep shitting itself out of the cosmic arsehole from the Pleides