Known unknowns and unknown unknowns!

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: The Sun Also Sets

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:19 pm
Age wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:12 am
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:21 am
Re: the first quote*
But any and all mirrors are NOT eternal, NOR could ever even be close to being so.
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:21 am in this quote particular quote chain, e.g, thee quoting me. Or is it, thou? Anyway, it's the quote most indented and more importantly, it's the truth of the quote forming the words in the font style to which you've grown accustomed, and yet will not replicate except in, particular circumstances of combined elements as yet to be analytically defined. Do you agree?
I do not even have a clue what you are getting at here, let alone agreeing with 'it'. Do you NOT agree?
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:21 am * The mirror is as eternal as eteral can ever be, however, all reflections in the mirror are ... transitoree.
I would agree under the appropriate conditions of understanding, however lacking that, under conditions of lax formality such as renegade fonting, the appropriate view is not nein, but rather, the appropriate view is to take what you've got and run as far and fast as you are willing and/or able. In other words, find eternity in now rather than seeking safety in what you admitedly don't have, i.e., a clue, because now is the only place eternity can exist other than in fantasy.
OF COURSE 'eternity' can ONLY EXIST (in the) NOW.

Also, I ONLY do NOT have A CLUE in regards to what you WROTE and SAID previously
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:19 pm The clue is to run far and fast with what you have, which is more, before attention wanders elsewhere. Surely you must agree with that.
Surely you agree, right?
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:19 pm I'm wondering if The First Black Dwarf will be entropy's final evolution.
Okay.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:50 am
Walker wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:19 pm I'm wondering if The First Black Dwarf will be entropy's final evolution.
Okay.
I’m a wonderin’ if The Black Dwarf that never rises, and thus always sets, would be comprised of moving atoms. What do you think?

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:29 am
Age wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:50 am
Okay.
I’m a wonderin’ if The Black Dwarf that never rises, and thus always sets, would be comprised of moving atoms. What do you think?
That 'that' is what 'you' ARE a wondering "walker".

But which also has absolutely NO bearing AT ALL on the Fact that the Universe, Itself, IS eternal, and infinite by the way.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:09 am
But which also has absolutely NO bearing AT ALL on the Fact that the Universe, Itself, IS eternal, and infinite by the way.
An eternal and infinite universe excludes nothing, thus has bearing upon everything, including The Black Dwarf.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:56 am
An eternal and infinite universe excludes nothing, thus has bearing upon everything, including The Black Dwarf.
YES I KNOW that the Universe has bearing upon EVERY 'thing'. Just like I ALSO KNOW that what you are/were 'wondering' ABOUT has absolutely NO bearing AT ALL on the Fact that the Universe IS eternal and infinite.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:32 am
YES I KNOW that the Universe has bearing upon EVERY 'thing'. Just like I ALSO KNOW that what you are/were 'wondering' ABOUT has absolutely NO bearing AT ALL on the Fact that the Universe IS eternal and infinite.
I’m a thinkin’, based on the wonderin’, that because “The Now” is the eternal present and because eternity only exists now, then we can say that eternity exists outside of time. Motion divides the eternal present into time increments. Without atomic motion pocket watches and atomic clocks don’t work. Therefore, if the final evolution of entropy is matter with a temperature of absolute zero, then like the present and like eternity, The Black Dwarf will only exist outside of time, that is, unless gravity can be an emitted radiation from a state of absolute zero, which would be a paradox, which would indicate the possibility of an erroneous premise. What do you think?

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:42 am
I’m a thinkin’, based on the wonderin’, that because “The Now” is the eternal present and because eternity only exists now, then we can say that eternity exists outside of time.
The word 'time' JUST REFERS TO the ' measuring of the duration between PERCEIVED 'events' '.

I say, 'perceived events' BECAUSE there IS NO ACTUAL 'separation' ANYWHERE, as there IS ONLY One 'event' HAPPENING and OCCURRING 'NOW', and 'HERE'. BUT, OF COURSE, older human beings HAVE MADE UP, and CONTINUE TO MAKE UP, DIFFERENT, PERCEIVED, 'events'. And, the ' measuring of the duration BETWEEN said 'events' ' is just what 'time' IS, EXACTLY, and what IS REFERRED TO as 'time'.

So, it could be SAID, and ARGUED, that 'time', itself, like absolutely EVERY 'thing' ELSE, (besides OF COURSE the Universe, Itself), exists WITHIN 'Eternity'. HOWEVER, 'this way' of LOOKING and SEEING 'things' is getting WAY TO FAR AHEAD for MOST people, in the days when this is being written.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:42 pm Motion divides the eternal present into time increments.
To 'me' ANYWAY, ONLY 'thinking' OR 'perception' 'divides,' or 'separates', 'that' which IS NOT.

AND, 'motion', itself, is JUST IN 'perpetuity' or 'continuity', as 'this' IS the ONLY WAY the Universe COULD WORK, as 'It' DOES NOW.

That older human beings 'see' 'division' or 'separate increments' is just because this is 'the way' the brain, or 'them', have been TRAINED TO 'think' and 'see' the One 'Thing', as 'things'.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:42 pm Without atomic motion pocket watches and atomic clocks don’t work.
'Motion' is JUST the consequence of what the Universe IS MADE UP OF, EXACTLY. And, 'motion' is JUST the effect of the ONLY WAY the, eternal, Universe COULD WORK.

SEE, there are ONLY TWO FUNDAMENTAL 'things', namely, 'matter' AND 'space'. 'Space' just being the distance between and/or around 'matter'. Now, because 'space' is made up of, literally, NO 'thing', the One and ONLY 'thing/matter', is ABLE TO MOVE ABOUT, absolutely FREELY. Which IS, essentially, JUST 'motion', itself.

'Matter' IN CONTINUAL MOTION, causes or creates CHANGE, and it IS this CHANGE, itself, which IS 'measured', in what is called 'duration', between 'agreed upon' 'different events'. Which 'are' just agreed upon different 'appearances' 'of matter', itself, in different 'shapes', 'ways', or 'forms'.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:42 pm
Therefore, if the final evolution of entropy
WHERE is this LUDICROUS conception or perception of 'entropy' IN relation TO the Universe, Itself, coming FROM, EXACTLY?

OBVIOUSLY ALL of the OTHER named or labeled 'things', IN Life, do NOT last forever, in the EXACT SAME 'way', 'shape', NOR 'form', as there exists an APPEARANCE OF 'entropy'. BUT, because 'energy' can NEITHER be created, NOR destroyed, the Universe, Itself, does NOT 'end', NOR will 'begin'.

'Evolution', itself, just like 'creation', itself, can ALSO NOT 'begin', NOR 'end',
Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:42 pm is matter with a temperature of absolute zero, then like the present and like eternity, The Black Dwarf will only exist outside of time, that is, unless gravity can be an emitted radiation from a state of absolute zero, which would be a paradox, which would indicate the possibility of an erroneous premise. What do you think?
I KNOW that there is NO so-called 'final evolution of entropy' so the rest here is just MOOT.

I JUST LOOK AT what ACTUALLY HAPPENS and OCCURS, and so I do NOT BOTHER WITH what 'COULD BE's' or 'IF's' here.

I found that 'theories', 'presumptions', and 'guesses' can all to QUICKLY, EASILY, and SIMPLY LEAD TO TOTALLY False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect MORE ASSUMPTIONS, and CONCLUSIONS.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:12 am WHERE is this LUDICROUS conception or perception of 'entropy' IN relation TO the Universe, Itself, coming FROM, EXACTLY?
From beings who have witnessed death for themselves. From beings who have seen with their own eyes their own relatives and loved ones placed in caskets and buried beneath the ground, infused with chemicals that will "preserve" their bodies for as long as those chemicals will preserve their bodies. Where is this eternity? I have never witnessed "eternity". I have only ever witnessed now and I remember things I witnessed in the past (and I have only witnessed things since 1967. I did not witness what happened before that year). The future is unknown to me. Therefore I can not say that I have witnessed "eternity".
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:12 am

I’m a thinkin’, based on the wonderin’, that because “The Now” is the eternal present and because eternity only exists now, then we can say that eternity exists outside of time.
The word 'time' JUST REFERS TO the ' measuring of the duration between PERCEIVED 'events' '.

I say, 'perceived events' BECAUSE there IS NO ACTUAL 'separation' ANYWHERE, as there IS ONLY One 'event' HAPPENING and OCCURRING 'NOW', and 'HERE'. BUT, OF COURSE, older human beings HAVE MADE UP, and CONTINUE TO MAKE UP, DIFFERENT, PERCEIVED, 'events'. And, the ' measuring of the duration BETWEEN said 'events' ' is just what 'time' IS, EXACTLY, and what IS REFERRED TO as 'time'.

So, it could be SAID, and ARGUED, that 'time', itself, like absolutely EVERY 'thing' ELSE, (besides OF COURSE the Universe, Itself), exists WITHIN 'Eternity'. HOWEVER, 'this way' of LOOKING and SEEING 'things' is getting WAY TO FAR AHEAD for MOST people, in the days when this is being written.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:42 pm Motion divides the eternal present into time increments.
To 'me' ANYWAY, ONLY 'thinking' OR 'perception' 'divides,' or 'separates', 'that' which IS NOT.

AND, 'motion', itself, is JUST IN 'perpetuity' or 'continuity', as 'this' IS the ONLY WAY the Universe COULD WORK, as 'It' DOES NOW.

That older human beings 'see' 'division' or 'separate increments' is just because this is 'the way' the brain, or 'them', have been TRAINED TO 'think' and 'see' the One 'Thing', as 'things'.
Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:42 pm Without atomic motion pocket watches and atomic clocks don’t work.
'Motion' is JUST the consequence of what the Universe IS MADE UP OF, EXACTLY. And, 'motion' is JUST the effect of the ONLY WAY the, eternal, Universe COULD WORK.

SEE, there are ONLY TWO FUNDAMENTAL 'things', namely, 'matter' AND 'space'. 'Space' just being the distance between and/or around 'matter'. Now, because 'space' is made up of, literally, NO 'thing', the One and ONLY 'thing/matter', is ABLE TO MOVE ABOUT, absolutely FREELY. Which IS, essentially, JUST 'motion', itself.

'Matter' IN CONTINUAL MOTION, causes or creates CHANGE, and it IS this CHANGE, itself, which IS 'measured', in what is called 'duration', between 'agreed upon' 'different events'. Which 'are' just agreed upon different 'appearances' 'of matter', itself, in different 'shapes', 'ways', or 'forms'.
WHERE is this LUDICROUS conception or perception of 'entropy' IN relation TO the Universe, Itself, coming FROM, EXACTLY?

OBVIOUSLY ALL of the OTHER named or labeled 'things', IN Life, do NOT last forever, in the EXACT SAME 'way', 'shape', NOR 'form', as there exists an APPEARANCE OF 'entropy'. BUT, because 'energy' can NEITHER be created, NOR destroyed, the Universe, Itself, does NOT 'end', NOR will 'begin'.

'Evolution', itself, just like 'creation', itself, can ALSO NOT 'begin', NOR 'end',
Lacewing wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:42 pm is matter with a temperature of absolute zero, then like the present and like eternity, The Black Dwarf will only exist outside of time, that is, unless gravity can be an emitted radiation from a state of absolute zero, which would be a paradox, which would indicate the possibility of an erroneous premise. What do you think?
I KNOW that there is NO so-called 'final evolution of entropy' so the rest here is just MOOT.

I JUST LOOK AT what ACTUALLY HAPPENS and OCCURS, and so I do NOT BOTHER WITH what 'COULD BE's' or 'IF's' here.

I found that 'theories', 'presumptions', and 'guesses' can all to QUICKLY, EASILY, and SIMPLY LEAD TO TOTALLY False, Wrong, Inaccurate, and Incorrect MORE ASSUMPTIONS, and CONCLUSIONS.
Age, thank you for all the attention directed towards The Wonderment of The Setting Sun.

You have a healthy dislike for assumptive pronouns, so I’ll be mindful of that. Sure, the totality of forever and infinity cannot be more, and cannot be less, so the final evolution for entropy within the closed system of the infinite universe would be all the energy equally distributed amongst every atom in the universe, all vibrating at a low energy frequency theoretically detectable, much as the The Black Dwarf, Dark Matter and Dark Energy are theoretically detectable within the mirror. In a situation of perfectly equitable energy distribution throughout the universe, absolute zero could not exist anywhere because energy would be everywhere. And for that matter, what amount of space would separate motionless atoms, or atoms' parts?

However, not to lose track of the setting sun, could absolute zero exist as The Black Dwarf of zero energy before all the energy is evenly distributed amongst all the matter? If so, and absolute coldness beyond compare is a characteristic of The Black Dwarf, which it may not be, then The Black Dwarf may indeed be the end-all of be-all, the destiny of everything, and the atoms in the current configuration of your form will be a part of that destiny.

But of course, absolute zero for matter may be as elusive light speed for matter, which means that even the coldest sunset would still have a wee bit of warmth.

All of which relates to epistemology in the sense of, how do we know what we know? We wonder, we reason, we get educated in causation which includes both intrinsic and cultural knowledge, then theorize, which is how we know what we know ... we being the totality of humanity that includes raising the hand and asking teacher.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:20 pm
Hey, good to see you again, W. How goes it?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Hey Henry. The year is going fast.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Walker wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:10 pm Hey Henry. The year is going fast.
It is.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:25 pm
Age wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:12 am WHERE is this LUDICROUS conception or perception of 'entropy' IN relation TO the Universe, Itself, coming FROM, EXACTLY?
From beings who have witnessed death for themselves.
BUT witnessing the so-called 'death' of 'human bodies', or 'other things', in absolutely NO way AT ALL means that the Universe, Itself, dies.

See what WILL ALSO BE FOUND, by 'you', human beings, is that one of the biggest reasons WHY 'you' ONCE thought and/or BELIEVED that the Universe, Itself, began and/or dies IS BECAUSE 'you' WITNESSED the human body, perceived to 'begin', and to 'die', and from this 'observation' the MISCONCEIVED ASSUMPTION and BELIEF that the Universe also began and dies existed.

But 'this' was just ANOTHER example of anthropomorphism, at work, and at play, to just ANOTHER 'Thing'.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:25 pm From beings who have seen with their own eyes their own relatives and loved ones placed in caskets and buried beneath the ground, infused with chemicals that will "preserve" their bodies for as long as those chemicals will preserve their bodies. Where is this eternity?
LOL So how could 'SEEING' this RELATIVELY NOTHING 'thing' happening and occurring ACTUALLY lead one to then ASSUME, or to then BELIEVE, that the Universe, Itself, 'dies', ALSO?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:25 pm I have never witnessed "eternity".
This IS BECAUSE of the VERY LIMITED, and CLOSED, VIEWS, and way of LOOKING and SEEING that 'you' HAVE.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:25 pm I have only ever witnessed now and I remember things I witnessed in the past (and I have only witnessed things since 1967. I did not witness what happened before that year). The future is unknown to me. Therefore I can not say that I have witnessed "eternity".
And, FOLLOWING ON FROM 'this' here, you can NOT say that you have witnessed 'finitely' EITHER, in relation to MORE than what 'you' have directly SEEN with the physical eyes, right?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:25 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:25 pm
From beings who have witnessed death for themselves.
BUT witnessing the so-called 'death' of 'human bodies', or 'other things', in absolutely NO way AT ALL means that the Universe, Itself, dies.

See what WILL ALSO BE FOUND, by 'you', human beings, is that one of the biggest reasons WHY 'you' ONCE thought and/or BELIEVED that the Universe, Itself, began and/or dies IS BECAUSE 'you' WITNESSED the human body, perceived to 'begin', and to 'die', and from this 'observation' the MISCONCEIVED ASSUMPTION and BELIEF that the Universe also began and dies existed.

But 'this' was just ANOTHER example of anthropomorphism, at work, and at play, to just ANOTHER 'Thing'.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:25 pm From beings who have seen with their own eyes their own relatives and loved ones placed in caskets and buried beneath the ground, infused with chemicals that will "preserve" their bodies for as long as those chemicals will preserve their bodies. Where is this eternity?
LOL So how could 'SEEING' this RELATIVELY NOTHING 'thing' happening and occurring ACTUALLY lead one to then ASSUME, or to then BELIEVE, that the Universe, Itself, 'dies', ALSO?
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:25 pm I have never witnessed "eternity".
This IS BECAUSE of the VERY LIMITED, and CLOSED, VIEWS, and way of LOOKING and SEEING that 'you' HAVE.
Gary Childress wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:25 pm I have only ever witnessed now and I remember things I witnessed in the past (and I have only witnessed things since 1967. I did not witness what happened before that year). The future is unknown to me. Therefore I can not say that I have witnessed "eternity".
I disagree, Age. You're fucked in the head as far as I can tell.
And, FOLLOWING ON FROM 'this' here, you can NOT say that you have witnessed 'finitely' EITHER, in relation to MORE than what 'you' have directly SEEN with the physical eyes, right?
That there is something outside of my experience is FINITUDE. Should I believe that 1966 never happened? Should I assume that I will not die? Are you assuming you will also not die? Should we assume that we can simply extract ourselves from history and society and pretend those two things have absolutely NO bearing on us?

You're not in reality, dude.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:20 pm
Age wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:12 am

Age, thank you for all the attention directed towards The Wonderment of The Setting Sun.

You have a healthy dislike for assumptive pronouns, so I’ll be mindful of that. Sure, the totality of forever and infinity cannot be more, and cannot be less, so the final evolution for entropy within the closed system of the infinite universe would be all the energy equally distributed amongst every atom in the universe, all vibrating at a low energy frequency theoretically detectable, much as the The Black Dwarf, Dark Matter and Dark Energy are theoretically detectable within the mirror. In a situation of perfectly equitable energy distribution throughout the universe, absolute zero could not exist anywhere because energy would be everywhere. And for that matter, what amount of space would separate motionless atoms, or atoms' parts?
Could there EVER be 'motionless atoms', or 'motionless sub-atomic matter'?

Especially considering that, supposedly, EVERY action CAUSES a reaction.
Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:20 pm However, not to lose track of the setting sun, could absolute zero exist as The Black Dwarf of zero energy before all the energy is evenly distributed amongst all the matter? If so, and absolute coldness beyond compare is a characteristic of The Black Dwarf, which it may not be, then The Black Dwarf may indeed be the end-all of be-all, the destiny of everything, and the atoms in the current configuration of your form will be a part of that destiny.
The Universe, Itself, ALWAYS exists THE WAY 'It' IS HERE, NOW. That is; IN an ALWAYS, CHANGING, evolving-creation.
Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:20 pm But of course, absolute zero for matter may be as elusive light speed for matter, which means that even the coldest sunset would still have a wee bit of warmth.

All of which relates to epistemology in the sense of, how do we know what we know?
But 'you', human beings, do NOT KNOW that the Universe WILL 'die'. 'you' ONLY GUESS 'It' does.

HOW 'we' KNOW, what we 'know', is BY JUST KNOWING HOW TO DIFFERENTIATE and DISTINGUISH BETWEEN KNOWING and 'thinking'.
Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:20 pm We wonder, we reason, we get educated in causation which includes both intrinsic and cultural knowledge, then theorize, which is how we know what we know ...
LOL By definition 'theorizing' is NOT KNOWING, and JUST GUESSING or ASSUMING ONLY.
Walker wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:20 pm we being the totality of humanity that includes raising the hand and asking teacher.
Last edited by Age on Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.