rootseeker

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

rootseeker

rootseeker

Post by rootseeker »

Here are some philosophic questions I'm pondering:
1. Can a computer AI with current (2023) technology have feelings in the same way as a human?
2. What importance of anomalies (all-domain including physical and environmental) is there in terms of impact on our world view? A physics expert may suggest that a physical anomaly is a perception error while a priest may suggest that same anomaly is a sign from God.
3. Is anything of this world entirely original or is it a remix of ideas outside of the observable universe or a past state of the universe? If so, please tell me about an original entity of this world.
Advocate

Re: rootseeker

Post by Advocate »

[quote=rootseeker post_id=658245 time=1690385771 user_id=24310]
Here are some philosophic questions I'm pondering:
1. Can a computer AI with current (2023) technology have feelings in the same way as a human?
2. What importance of anomalies (all-domain including physical and environmental) is there in terms of impact on our world view? A physics expert may suggest that a physical anomaly is a perception error while a priest may suggest that same anomaly is a sign from God.
3. Is anything of this world entirely original or is it a remix of ideas outside of the observable universe or a past state of the universe? If so, please tell me about an original entity of this world.
[/quote]

1. No, because however precise the simulation, cognition built in a mo-biological substrate will not change, and therefore not be, the same as biological cognition. Whatever AI ends up being will not be intelligence as we understand it.

2. Knowledge is justified belief and that justification can be either empirical probability or logical necessity, both of which rest on replication. Religious beliefs, for instance do not allow for replicable evidence so they remain, as always, indistinguishable from fiction and should be treated accordingly.

3. Everything that can happen, does happen and that's one infinite ongoing thing. The patterns we sense within it that seem identical are only that way at a particular scale. Everything has a unique position in each of the three physical dimensions; time, space, and scale.

Cheers.