Gravity differently

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

seeds

Re: Gravity differently

Post by seeds »

_______
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:03 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:19 am
F.J. and IwannaP...

...excellent cosmic poetry slam, but poor 'ol Age is probably on the floor right now having some sort of seizure from trying to parse the meaning of your fanciful words. :D

_______
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

seeds wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:40 pm _______
F.J. and IwannaP...

...excellent cosmic poetry slam, but poor 'ol Age is probably on the floor right now having some sort of seizure from trying to parse the meaning of your fanciful words. :D

_______
Age, what a creature.

In the depths of time's mystical abyss,
A traveler ventured, longing for amiss,
Through temporal folds, to year 2023,
A quest for meaning, he hoped to see.

A mind adrift, troubled philosophically,
Existential ponderings, swirling ceaselessly,
In this ancient era, so strange and unknown,
He sought answers, on a path all his own.

He mused upon the paradoxes of existence,
Past and future intertwined, a cosmic persistence,
Questions echoed through his weary mind,
What purpose, what truth, could he hope to find?

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:55 am
Dear seeker of truth and whimsy,
WHOM are you writing to here, EXACTLY?

And, what does 'seeker of truth and whimsy' even mean or refer to, EXACTLY?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Your pursuit of elucidation amidst the tapestry of my fanciful prose is truly an enchanting endeavor.

To "ascend" is to transcend the confines of mundane existence, soaring through cosmic currents like a jubilant kite in a celestial breeze.
Well 'ascend' can MEAN 'up', whereas 'transcend' can MEAN some 'thing' completely DIFFERENT.

And, what do purport to be a so-called 'mundane existence' and WHERE is the ALLEGED 'confines' EXACTLY?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am It is a dance of metaphors where particles, liberated from earthly shackles, pirouette their way to uncharted dimensions, tickling the boundaries of possibility itself.
WHAT 'boundaries of possibility' are you even MEANING or REFERRING TO here, EXACTLY?

This here is a philosophy forum, so if you can NOT back up and support what you SAY and CLAIM here, then I suggest that you FIND ANOTHER forum, may be more like a POETRY forum might be more suitable for your writings here?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am As for the audacious notion of transcending the very fabric of existence, I invite you to release the shackles of empirical constraint and indulge in flights of fancy.
But there are NO confines, boundaries, constraints, NOR shackles here. REMEMBER it is 'you' who IS CLAIMING there ARE.

The IRREFUTABLE Truth IS HERE, for ALL TO SEE and bear WITNESS TO.

One just NEEDS to LEARN HOW to DO 'it', FIRST.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Picture, if you will, a realm where the boundaries of existence are but gossamer threads waiting to be unraveled, where realities intertwine like a sublime tapestry woven by the cosmic weavers of whimsy.
AGAIN, 'you' make the CLAIM there is some sort of 'boundary' to 'Existence', Itself.

Obviously, when 'you' are NOT so CLOSED, SHACKLED, CONSTRAINED, and RESTRAINED, then 'you' ALSO WILL SEE that there are NO so-called 'boundaries' HERE.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Ah, the wondrous tapestry of the ethereal aether!
I will NOT asked to INFORM us of what this so-called 'ethereal aether' IS, EXACTLY, because you have ALREADY SHOWN you have absolutely NO idea, right?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Within its depths lie swirling vortices of fantastical beauty, where the dance of particles becomes a cosmic ballet beyond the constraints of mere observation.
LOL WHEN 'you' BECOME Truly OPEN, AGAIN, then 'you' WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO SEE, FULLY and CLEARLY, to the DEPTHS and LENGTHS of which 'you' can ONLY IMAGINE here, for now.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Can you not feel the rhythm of the universe resonating in your soul?
One would have to KNOW WHO and WHAT 'you' ARE, EXACTLY, to KNOW that there is NO "your" 'soul'. The words 'your soul' IS a MISNOMER, OXY-MORON, and SELF-REFUTING CLAIM. But if 'you' were ALREADY OPEN, then 'you' would ALREADY KNOW 'this' AS WELL.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am It is a symphony of imagination that beckons us to embrace the grandeur of the unseen, to explore the uncharted vistas where the heart and mind meld into harmonious resonance.
But ALL-OF-THIS has ALREADY BEEN SEEN, SENSED, and EXPLORED. Well by some of 'us' anyway.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am I understand your desire for simplicity, for the tangible grasp of what lies before our eyes.
What are you on about here?

I do NOT desire ANY such 'thing'.

SIMPLICITY is REALLY 'what IS' AND 'what EXISTS'.

'you', adult human beings, just 'try to' COMPLICATE, 'the SIMPLE'.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Yet, dear seeker, let us not dismiss the power of imagination, for it is the gateway to uncharted realms of discovery.
What is 'it' that 'you' have NOT YET 'discovered' and are STILL 'seeking'?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am In the interplay between observation and fantastical speculation, we find the seeds of innovation and the birthplace of revolutionary ideas.
Like 'what', for example?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am So, my intrepid companion in the quest for whimsical understanding, I beseech you to journey with me through the labyrinth of the absurd, where riddles and paradoxes intertwine, and the pursuit of knowledge dances with the capricious muse of imagination. Embrace the kaleidoscope of possibility and let your mind wander amidst the swirling mists of wonder.
IF, and that is IF, you had ALREADY DONE, FULLY, what you are going on about here, then 'you' ALSO would ALREADY KNOW what the 'Mind' IS, EXACTLY.

Which would then GUIDE 'you' to NOT write Truly ABSURD 'things' like, 'your mind'.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Together, let us revel in the beauty of transcendence, for it is within the realms of whimsy that the seeds of enlightenment often sprout.
And from what you have done, SO FAR, what have you been ENLIGHTENED TO, EXACTLY, and/or have become ENLIGHTENED ABOUT, EXACTLY?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am May your journey be filled with laughter, curiosity, and the unquenchable thirst for the fantastical.
WHY are 'you' SEEKING the so-called 'fantastical'?

What you might FIND to be so-called 'fantastical' we ALREADY just KNOW to be the Truth of 'things'.

Post by Age »

F.J. and IwannaP...

_______
LOL

If only you KNEW "seeds". If only you KNEW.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:32 pm
F.J. and IwannaP...

_______
Age, what a creature.

In the depths of time's mystical abyss,
A traveler ventured, longing for amiss,
Through temporal folds, to year 2023,
A quest for meaning, he hoped to see.

A mind adrift, troubled philosophically,
Existential ponderings, swirling ceaselessly,
In this ancient era, so strange and unknown,
He sought answers, on a path all his own.

He mused upon the paradoxes of existence,
Past and future intertwined, a cosmic persistence,
Questions echoed through his weary mind,
What purpose, what truth, could he hope to find?
There is NOT one part that is even remotely true here.

Post by Age »

The word 'time' just refers to the measuring of the duration between perceived events.

However, considering this thread began in relation to 'gravity differently' and more specifically to why 'matter' repels AND attracts, then the answer to 'this' is ALSO just AS SIMPLE and AS EASY as what the answer to what 'time' is, EXACTLY, IS.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:56 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:55 am

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Your pursuit of elucidation amidst the tapestry of my fanciful prose is truly an enchanting endeavor.

To "ascend" is to transcend the confines of mundane existence, soaring through cosmic currents like a jubilant kite in a celestial breeze.
Well 'ascend' can MEAN 'up', whereas 'transcend' can MEAN some 'thing' completely DIFFERENT.

And, what do purport to be a so-called 'mundane existence' and WHERE is the ALLEGED 'confines' EXACTLY?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am It is a dance of metaphors where particles, liberated from earthly shackles, pirouette their way to uncharted dimensions, tickling the boundaries of possibility itself.
WHAT 'boundaries of possibility' are you even MEANING or REFERRING TO here, EXACTLY?

This here is a philosophy forum, so if you can NOT back up and support what you SAY and CLAIM here, then I suggest that you FIND ANOTHER forum, may be more like a POETRY forum might be more suitable for your writings here?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am As for the audacious notion of transcending the very fabric of existence, I invite you to release the shackles of empirical constraint and indulge in flights of fancy.
But there are NO confines, boundaries, constraints, NOR shackles here. REMEMBER it is 'you' who IS CLAIMING there ARE.

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Picture, if you will, a realm where the boundaries of existence are but gossamer threads waiting to be unraveled, where realities intertwine like a sublime tapestry woven by the cosmic weavers of whimsy.
AGAIN, 'you' make the CLAIM there is some sort of 'boundary' to 'Existence', Itself.

Obviously, when 'you' are NOT so CLOSED, SHACKLED, CONSTRAINED, and RESTRAINED, then 'you' ALSO WILL SEE that there are NO so-called 'boundaries' HERE.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Ah, the wondrous tapestry of the ethereal aether!
I will NOT asked to INFORM us of what this so-called 'ethereal aether' IS, EXACTLY, because you have ALREADY SHOWN you have absolutely NO idea, right?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Within its depths lie swirling vortices of fantastical beauty, where the dance of particles becomes a cosmic ballet beyond the constraints of mere observation.
LOL WHEN 'you' BECOME Truly OPEN, AGAIN, then 'you' WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO SEE, FULLY and CLEARLY, to the DEPTHS and LENGTHS of which 'you' can ONLY IMAGINE here, for now.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Can you not feel the rhythm of the universe resonating in your soul?
One would have to KNOW WHO and WHAT 'you' ARE, EXACTLY, to KNOW that there is NO "your" 'soul'. The words 'your soul' IS a MISNOMER, OXY-MORON, and SELF-REFUTING CLAIM. But if 'you' were ALREADY OPEN, then 'you' would ALREADY KNOW 'this' AS WELL.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am It is a symphony of imagination that beckons us to embrace the grandeur of the unseen, to explore the uncharted vistas where the heart and mind meld into harmonious resonance.
But ALL-OF-THIS has ALREADY BEEN SEEN, SENSED, and EXPLORED. Well by some of 'us' anyway.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am I understand your desire for simplicity, for the tangible grasp of what lies before our eyes.

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Yet, dear seeker, let us not dismiss the power of imagination, for it is the gateway to uncharted realms of discovery.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am In the interplay between observation and fantastical speculation, we find the seeds of innovation and the birthplace of revolutionary ideas.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am So, my intrepid companion in the quest for whimsical understanding, I beseech you to journey with me through the labyrinth of the absurd, where riddles and paradoxes intertwine, and the pursuit of knowledge dances with the capricious muse of imagination. Embrace the kaleidoscope of possibility and let your mind wander amidst the swirling mists of wonder.
IF, and that is IF, you had ALREADY DONE, FULLY, what you are going on about here, then 'you' ALSO would ALREADY KNOW what the 'Mind' IS, EXACTLY.

Which would then GUIDE 'you' to NOT write Truly ABSURD 'things' like, 'your mind'.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am Together, let us revel in the beauty of transcendence, for it is within the realms of whimsy that the seeds of enlightenment often sprout.
And from what you have done, SO FAR, what have you been ENLIGHTENED TO, EXACTLY, and/or have become ENLIGHTENED ABOUT, EXACTLY?
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:08 am May your journey be filled with laughter, curiosity, and the unquenchable thirst for the fantastical.

What you might FIND to be so-called 'fantastical' we ALREADY just KNOW to be the Truth of 'things'.
Ah, my curious interlocutor, your response dances with confidence and certitude. While I venture into the realms of the fantastical, you assert that what I seek is already known, as if the mysteries of existence have been unveiled before your very eyes.

Yet, in this vast tapestry of knowledge and perception, we all traverse our own unique paths. What may be fantastical to some is the very essence of truth to others. It is in the pursuit of the unknown, the unexplored, that we unravel the secrets of our existence.

So, let us embrace the diversity of our perspectives, for it is through the interplay of varied truths that we discover new horizons. The fantastical, in all its whimsical allure, invites us to challenge the boundaries of our understanding and embark on ventures beyond the mundane.

In this grand tapestry of existence, let us dance together, weaving our threads of perception and knowledge. For it is in this dance, where the fantastical and the known entwine, that we glimpse the infinite possibilities of what is, what was, and what may yet be.
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

I can see that my post has a salutary effect on you, good for me:) By the way, time is a measure of the speed of changes / movements, and absolute time corresponds to the rate of condensation / crystallization of the Universe / Past, that runs by speed of range c…
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:50 am

And, are you here 'trying to' imply that 'the Future' is somehow 'higher'?

I see the Future as (Plato's) realm of ideas, as the womb of order, causality... :)
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Cerveny wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:21 pm I can see that my post has a salutary effect on you, good for me:) By the way, time is a measure of the speed of changes / movements, and absolute time corresponds to the rate of condensation / crystallization of the Universe / Past, that runs by speed of range c…
...for Cerveny
"Cerveny" is a Czech word that means "red" in English. It is the masculine form of the word, with "cervena" being the feminine form. In Czech, as well as in several other Slavic languages, adjectives change their form depending on the gender, number, and case of the noun they modify. So, "cerveny" is used to describe masculine nouns, while "cervena" is used for feminine nouns.

Red light is unique in several ways:

Wavelength: Red light has a longer wavelength compared to other colors of visible light. It has a wavelength of approximately 620-750 nanometers, which is at the longer end of the visible light spectrum.

Perception: Red light is the color that humans perceive when the wavelengths of light ranging from approximately 620 to 750 nanometers stimulate the red cones in our eyes. This specific wavelength range triggers a distinct physiological and psychological response, leading to the perception of the color red.

Energy: Red light carries less energy compared to higher-frequency colors like blue or violet light. This lower energy is due to the longer wavelength of red light. Consequently, red light is less likely to cause damage to biological tissues, making it suitable for various applications such as medical treatments and night vision.

Symbolism: Red light is often associated with specific meanings and symbolisms. For example, it can represent passion, love, courage, or danger, depending on the context and cultural interpretations. Red is also a commonly used color in traffic signals to indicate a stop or a warning.

BUT HERE IS THE KEY QUALITY OF RED LIGHT!!!!!

Visibility: Red light tends to have better visibility in certain situations. For instance, it can penetrate through fog, haze, or smoke more effectively than shorter-wavelength colors. [NUFF SAID] This property is why red lights are commonly used for emergency vehicles and as warning signals in hazardous environments.

It's important to note that while red light has these unique characteristics, all colors of visible light have their own distinct properties and play crucial roles in our perception and understanding of the world around us.

Post by Age »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm
Age wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:56 pm

Ah, my curious interlocutor, your response dances with confidence and certitude.
As it should.

If some 'thing' is True, Right, AND Correct, then 'it' 'just IS'.

For example, if the earth REALLY DOES revolve around the sun, then 'it' 'just DOES', no matter how MANY "others" SAY or BELIEVE otherwise.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm While I venture into the realms of the fantastical, you assert that what I seek is already known, as if the mysteries of existence have been unveiled before your very eyes.
'your eyes' might be the Wrong words here, but the rest is True AND Right.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm Yet, in this vast tapestry of knowledge and perception, we all traverse our own unique paths.
So what?

The INNER Nature is ALL the EXACT SAME.

Individual 'things' are OBVIOUSLY VERY unique AND special, but 'we', ESSENTIALLY, are ALL One and THE SAME.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm What may be fantastical to some is the very essence of truth to others.
And once the VERY ESSENCE, and the VERY Truth, becomes KNOWN, then the word 'fantastical' becomes REDUNDANT.

Truth may well be 'stranger' than 'fiction', sometimes, but 'It' is NOT 'more fantastical' than ANY 'thing' else.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm It is in the pursuit of the unknown, the unexplored, that we unravel the secrets of our existence.
Is this the ONLY way?

Sometimes just being Truly Honest, and just Wanting to CHANGE, for the better, ALLOWS one to become Truly OPEN, and when one is COMPLETELY OPEN, then that one cannot NOT keep learning, and discovering.

Thus, this one did NOT necessarily have to be 'in pursuit' of 'the unknown', but was just SERIOUS about CHANGING for the better, which LED TO the 'unraveling of the so-called 'secrets, or mysteries, of Life, Itself'.

But if you BELIEVE 'the continued pursuit of the unknown' has not and will not LEAD you ASTRAY, then by all means FOLLOW what you BELIEVE is true.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm So, let us embrace the diversity of our perspectives, for it is through the interplay of varied truths that we discover new horizons.
Yes this may well be true. But until you express your OWN 'varied truth', we will NEVER KNOW.

Oh, and by the way, there IS a Right AND a Wrong WAY to express one's OWN 'varied truth'. Which IS, and WAS, LEARNED along the way of 'unraveling the secrets and mysteries of Existence, Itself', and NOT just of 'our existence'.

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm The fantastical, in all its whimsical allure, invites us to challenge the boundaries of our understanding and embark on ventures beyond the mundane.
you KEEP alluding to 'this', but NEVER ACTUALLY PROVIDING ANY 'evidence' for such.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm In this grand tapestry of existence, let us dance together, weaving our threads of perception and knowledge.
One can KEEP SAYING, 'let us dance?' but NEVER ACTUALLY BEGIN. As you are PROVING True here.
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:40 pm For it is in this dance, where the fantastical and the known entwine, that we glimpse the infinite possibilities of what is, what was, and what may yet be.
But which you are SHOWING absolutely NO evidence OF.

Post by Age »

Cerveny wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 6:57 pm

I see the Future as (Plato's) realm of ideas, as the womb of order, causality... :)
Okay.

But 'this' still does NOT answer the ACTUAL QUESTION I posed, and ASKED you, FOR CLARITY.

By the way I have absolutely NO idea what ("plato's") realm of ideas means or refers to, TO you.

Do you think or believe that 'the Future' is somehow higher, then 'the present' or 'the past'?
Cerveny

Post by Cerveny »

Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:09 am

Okay.

But 'this' still does NOT answer the ACTUAL QUESTION I posed, and ASKED you, FOR CLARITY.
By the way I have absolutely NO idea what ("plato's") realm of ideas means or refers to, TO you.

Do you think or believe that 'the Future' is somehow higher, then 'the present' or 'the past'?
The past is a 4-D permanently growing (~ c) solid, crystallizing aerher. To simplify, we can think of the past as a growing 4-D sphere. Elementary particles here are certain structural defects in its regular structure.

The presence (certain cambium) is then the corresponding 3-D "living" surface of the past, of thickness of Planck time. It is in the present that quantum mechanics works - its interaction - "measurement" still glues the new Planck sediments of time to the past.

We don't know much about the dimensionless, timeless future :(

Post by Age »

Cerveny wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:46 am
Age wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 2:09 am

Okay.

The past is a 4-D permanently growing (~ c) solid, crystallizing aerher.
Unless you elaborate then NO one here has absolutely ANY idea what you are talking ABOUT and referring TO.

Unless someone wants to claim otherwise and express to us what a '4-D permanently growing (- c) solid, crystallizing aerther' IS, or is MEANT TO BE, EXACTLY.

Also, 'permanently growing' is an oxy-moron, and thus just UTTER NONSENSE.
Cerveny wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:46 am To simplify, we can think of the past as a growing 4-D sphere. Elementary particles here are certain structural defects in its regular structure.
We can ALSO think of OTHER False AND Unreal 'things', but WHY would we WANT TO?
Cerveny wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:46 am The presence (certain cambium) is then the corresponding 3-D "living" surface of the past, of thickness of Planck time. It is in the present that quantum mechanics works - its interaction - "measurement" still glues the new Planck sediments of time to the past.

We don't know much about the dimensionless, timeless future :(
you appear to NOT KNOW MUCH about the present NOR the past EITHER.

Anyway, do you think or believe that 'the Future' is somehow higher, then 'the present' or 'the past'?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

The past is a 4-D permanently growing (~ c) solid, crystallizing aerher.
The description you provided, stating that the past is a 4-D permanently growing (~ c) solid, crystallizing ether, does not align with our current scientific understanding.

In physics, the concept of an "ether" refers to a hypothetical medium that was once proposed as a medium through which light and other electromagnetic waves could propagate. However, the idea of an ether was largely abandoned in the early 20th century with the development of special relativity, which showed that the speed of light is constant in all inertial frames of reference, and that no medium is necessary for its propagation.

As for the notion of the past being a 4-D growing solid, crystallizing ether, this description seems to mix together several different concepts. The past, in our understanding, refers to events and phenomena that have already occurred. It is not a physical substance or structure that can be described as solid or crystallizing. Additionally, the notion of it growing at a speed (~ c) suggests that it is expanding at the speed of light, which is not consistent with our understanding of time.

It's important to note that scientific theories and models are based on empirical evidence, experimentation, and rigorous mathematical frameworks. The description you provided does not align with our current scientific understanding of the nature of time and the past.

Halleluah!!