Agnosticism

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Agnosticism

Post by Harbal »

There’s God. :)

Almost sure there’s God. :wink:
There’s probably God. :|
There might be God. :?
Don’t know if there’s God, but I hope there is. :?
Don’t know if there’s God, and I don’t mind one way or the other. 8)
Don’t know if there’s God, but I’d rather there weren’t. :(
Don't think there's God, but I wish there were. :cry:
There probably isn’t God. :|
There almost certainly isn’t God. :|
99.9% sure there isn’t God. :wink:

There’s no God. :)

So many choices. :?
Impenitent

Re: Agnosticism

Post by Impenitent »

don't take Pascal's wager

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

So many choices.

Today, I'm going to throw away every conceptual label I can possibly think of. Then what I'm going to do is just bask in my real self, a no thing with no body to hang out with. Yeah, then at least I'll be as authentic as they come, naked and raw to the core. :D
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:44 pm don't take Pascal's wager

-Imp
That's for theists, at least for Pascal, and Harbal ain't one.
It's commonly discussed on the internet as if it is an argument aimed at non-theists. Sort of a, might as well join us, nothing to lose, possible big gains. But actually it was aimed at theists to say, hey, might as well keep going, can't hurt. If there's no God, you'll just be dead like the others.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:27 am

-Imp
It's commonly discussed on the internet as if it is an argument aimed at non-theists. Sort of a, might as well join us, nothing to lose, possible big gains. But actually it was aimed at theists to say, hey, might as well keep going, can't hurt. If there's no God, you'll just be dead like the others.
:lol:

Even if there is a reward of something bright and beautiful great and wonderful waiting for us ''good one's'' after death. We won't be able to share our joy with the living. It's not as if we will be able to tell anyone how happy and blissful we are now that we're in heaven.

Oh well, never mind, I guess the dead will take comfort in reminding themselves of that old classic...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY4c_r5VY8c
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:16 am So many choices.

Today, I'm going to throw away every conceptual label I can possibly think of. Then what I'm going to do is just bask in my real self, a no thing with no body to hang out with. Yeah, then at least I'll be as authentic as they come, naked and raw to the core. :D
Don't forget to close your curtains. :wink:
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:43 am :lol:

Even if there is a reward of something bright and beautiful great and wonderful waiting for us ''good one's'' after death. We won't be able to share our joy with the living. It's not as if we will be able to tell anyone how happy and blissful we are now that we're in heaven.
Yeah, in some Christians conception of Heaven, it seems rather callous. Just knowing some people you knew are being tortured forever would put a real damper on my harp playing. Even my worst enemy I wouldn't wish that on.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:04 am

Yeah, in some Christians conception of Heaven, it seems rather callous. Just knowing some people you knew are being tortured forever would put a real damper on my harp playing. Even my worst enemy I wouldn't wish that on.
Muhammad in the Qur'an imagines himself gloating in heaven, merrily looking down upon souls being tormented for eternity...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:00 am
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:16 am So many choices.

Don't forget to close your curtains. :wink:
Yes, even though we all know what's underneath the veil. The same authentic, naked raw to the core truth.
But there is no role to play without an ACT- i- ON man. :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:09 am

Muhammad in the Qur'an imagines himself gloating in heaven, merrily looking down upon souls being tormented for eternity...
I think that maybe humanities dark past is still playing out today, a time when we were nought but barbarians and reptilians ripping each other's guts out just to survive, and come to think of it, nothing much has changed in evolution really.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:09 am

Yeah, that's one toxic attitude. Such an idea of holiness could only come from a demiurge.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:52 am... a demiurge.
Thanks, that's my word of the day
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

This is your analysis?! This ... this ... abomination!!??

Yes, of course. I spent 2 years sifting through the data and this is it! Hey, what abomination?!

Pack your bags and please ... don't do it the way you did this analysis!!

Pack my bags?! Are we going somewhere?!

Yes, pack yer bags! And not we, you, you're going!

Where for heaven's sake?

Hindoostan!

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:43 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:27 am

-Imp
:lol:

Even if there is a reward of something bright and beautiful great and wonderful waiting for us ''good one's'' after death.
Here we can SEE, ONCE AGAIN, just how DEEPLY EVOLVED these human beings WERE, back then, that they just could NOT LET GO OF and GET RID OF that words like 'heaven', 'hell', and 'afterlife' have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL to do with INDIVIDUAL human beings and when they what was Wrongly called 'died'.

They also could NOT seem to fathom that there are NO so-called 'good people' NOR so-called 'bad people'.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:43 am We won't be able to share our joy with the living.
LOL HOW Wrong 'they' WERE.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:43 am It's not as if we will be able to tell anyone how happy and blissful we are now that we're in heaven.
AGAIN, 'they' could NOT be MORE Wrong here.
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:43 am Oh well, never mind, I guess the dead will take comfort in reminding themselves of that old classic...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY4c_r5VY8c

Post by Age »

Yeah, in some Christians conception of Heaven, it seems rather callous.
Luckily then there is NO so-called "christian conception" here YET that is ACTUALLY True and Right, or even REALLY being even CLOSE to the ACTUAL Truth here.
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:04 am Just knowing some people you knew are being tortured forever would put a real damper on my harp playing. Even my worst enemy I wouldn't wish that on.
Here we have ANOTHER PRIME example of COMPLETE MISUNDERSTANDING and MISINTERPRETATION of what IS ACTUALLY True AND Right here.