Having escaped a cult after 50 years I'm here to say hi!

Tell us a little about yourself.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Having escaped a cult after 50 years I'm here to say hi!

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:09 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:07 pm It seems our OP writer, BYBH, has moved on...and despite the great welcoming he got here...?
Probably got scared because we don't take kindly to objectivist scum round these parts. He's probably a Taliban Nazi or some shit, cocksucker.
See above, bahman's post, now, after ignoring, then humping the thread, we are welcoming when it's safe to do so. While many of us are not rhetorical experts, as a forum we end up with a pretty savvy pattern.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Iwannaplato wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:07 pm It seems our OP writer, BYBH, has moved on...and despite the great welcoming he got here...?
Probably got scared because we don't take kindly to objectivist scum round these parts. He's probably a Taliban Nazi or some shit, cocksucker.
:lol:

No, seriously.

If not pathetically?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:59 pm
See above, bahman's post, now, after ignoring, then humping the thread, we are welcoming when it's safe to do so. While many of us are not rhetorical experts, as a forum we end up with a pretty savvy pattern.
I see. I should have warned him first about how rude people are here! :mrgreen: Hopefully s/he will return.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

iambiguous wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:18 pm

No, seriously.

If not pathetically?
Those combination of words in that order.... don't make sense
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:48 am
iambiguous wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 10:18 pm

No, seriously.

If not pathetically?
Those combination of words in that order.... don't make sense
I think, FJ, you're not quite getting the goal of participation here. If you justify a critique, do some kind of analysis, say, you are now open to critique yourself. If you assert things, then you may have to back them up. So posters here actually should avoid clarity, avoid actually taking positions, combine words, yes, that create some ambiguity or problems, qualify their assertions occasionally, so they can claim all their sentences are qualified. Insult whole categories, so when one person in that category aims an insult back, they have started the fight, not you. Misread other people's posts when you respond. This gives the original poster the onus of having to explain themselves ...... and you didn't have to even have a clear critique. Indicate without argument that something was missing from what the other person wrote. Indicate that the post didn't meet your standards. It's amazing how often that works.

You getting the pattern?

Imply without responsibility. Judge but without an argument that itself could become an object.

Of course this is not conscious, at least often it isn't. It's a learned trait.

If you get the vaguest feeling you might be open to criticism, then your rhetorical device use was suboptimal.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

1. 3 tablespoons of sugar
2. 10½ cups of flour
3. 3 eggs
4. 20 mL of oil

What's cookin'?
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

30 or 40 weight oil?

-Imp
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Agent Smith wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:06 am 1. 3 tablespoons of sugar
2. 10½ cups of flour
3. 3 eggs
4. 20 mL of oil

What's cookin'?
Edible cement? 🤔
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

MagsJ wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:21 am
Agent Smith wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 7:06 am 1. 3 tablespoons of sugar
2. 10½ cups of flour
3. 3 eggs
4. 20 mL of oil

What's cookin'?
Edible cement? 🤔
😁

I dunno! Random stuff from me brain, what's left of it anyway. Thought it might just turn out to be a really yum thing ta bake on a sunday afternoon.