Unpredictability vs Authority

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

Re: Unpredictability vs Authority

Post by Gary Childress »

Agent Smith wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:17 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:55 am
Agent Smith wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:44 am

Muchas gracias for the tip. I need all the help I can get. Your experience and knowledge shines through the mist of unknowing. Since you changed the subject, I'll offer me two cents - progress has been made but it's not the kind you'd have preferred but beggars can't be choosers, no? I'm particularly fascinated by the shape of your mind. You look like the well-rounded types which means you have the luxury of choice. I wonder what you'll have for your next meal.
At this point, I can only go off of guesses of what is going on with you based on your cryptic posts. When I see one that looks like something familiar to me I may respond if it appears like there might be something alarming involved. For example, the one you posted above that I responded to, seemed to indicate some confusion or inability to keep one's thoughts clear and on track. All I potentially know of you is that your career apparently involves making decisions that may put a person in a position of potentially doing evil (if I understood a couple of your responses to me correctly).

I apologize if I'm wrong or misinterpreted your post. I don't have a crystal ball or magic abilities, only common sense. My thinking was that If a person doesn't have clear thinking in such a position, then that can be trouble for everyone involved, including you. If one doesn't have clear thinking in such a position, then one has to be at least guided by some rules that will at least mitigate possible harm if nothing else and hopefully keep a person's conscience relatively clear. Would you agree?

If you want to know what my next meal is for whatever reason (breakfast), then it will likely be something along the lines of a hot dog, peanut butter and jelly, or a baloney sandwich. That's mostly what my mom and I have in the fridge, that's mostly what we like to eat given our means. I'll be happy to report what I choose after breakfast is over, if that will help.

Choice is a "luxury" we all have for the most part. No one is without choices and the free will to make a choice based on the forewarning that what they do will be followed by consequences that they perceive to the best of their ability to be the consequences of whatever choice they make. When one is in a position of service to others as I have been, then it becomes particularly important to make choices that one can live with.

If one doesn't agree that they need to make choices they can live with, or if one doesn't consider doing the least harm to be the very least best option when in such a position as described above, then feel free to apply whatever other standard you feel is best. However, no one is guaranteed to be be free from the consequences of their choices, regardless of their position in life. What we do, we are responsible for. Sometimes a person can get away with making bad choices that have bad consequences--or cheat the public justice system.

There are no guarantees that a person's mistakes (even honest ones) will become known or evident to those he serves, however, even if that does happen, then we still have to deal with our own knowledge of what we did. No one aside from someone with Alzheimer's or something can escape the knowledge of their own culpability in something. If a person is banking on getting Alzheimer's and going into oblivion (or whatever) being ultimately held unaccounted for any damage they did to others, then good luck. If you've made some bad choices that you don't want to live with, then you may want to start eating foods and engaging in behavior that are so far known to facilitate or increase the possibility of the onset of Alzheimer's in that case.

By the way, I drive a Toyota Corolla and not a Lamborghini, in case that should be another concern of yours for whatever reason.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Excellent! Your heart is in the right place which is more than I can say about myself, Gary Childress.
Well, if you think your heart is not in the right place, then my advice would be to do some more thinking about where your heart is, where it should be or how you plan to deal with any possible contingencies. Obviously, someone out there needs to do your job (at least for now), otherwise no one would have advertised the job position that you applied for or else solicited for you to come and work it. Therefore it is admirable that you came to the aid of an employer to help that employer accomplish what that employer wants to accomplish. Now it's up to you to make a reasonable or fair determination to the best of your human abilities of what your employer's motives and intentions are. And of course, there are ways to work around that if the particular human being employing you or running your choice of vocation doesn't have appropriate intentions with respect to the service s/he's charged with providing to the public.

If I have any hero that I put my faith in, it's Socrates and not Jesus. Perhaps because Socrates was very much a mortal human being with all his human frailty. In my book, Jesus was either God, a Hindu or else perhaps someone with a very grandiose opinion of himself. But you do what you think is best. I don't have a rule book for life either. We're each in this boat. The boat is Earth and it's getting more and more crowded and less and less hospitable and condemning others to sink or swim to make more room is a gruesome task no mere mortal with a conscience should be charged with in my opinion.