another problem of evil

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harbal

Re: another problem of evil

Post by Harbal »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:48 pm

Someone put my words in a post and attributed then to Harbal. That is not TRUTH. That is deception. You did that in your post or else perhaps someone has hacked your account and done it for you. I don't know. But it leads to uncertainty and lack of trust.
No, Age just made a mistake when he was quoting you. I don't know what he did wrong, but he's done it before. There's nothing sinister about it.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:54 pm

Someone put my words in a post and attributed then to Harbal. That is not TRUTH. That is deception. You did that in your post or else perhaps someone has hacked your account and done it for you. I don't know. But it leads to uncertainty and lack of trust.
No, Age just made a mistake when he was quoting you. I don't know what he did wrong, but he's done it before. There's nothing sinister about it.
OK. Thank you for the clarification, Harbal. Everything is sinister to me when I am having visions of horror. But I will try to control myself if I can.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:45 pm

And IF I was to ASK you, 'What IS a 'mind', EXACTLY, which could be CLOSED, or NOT?' Then HOW LONG would 'we' HAVE TO WAIT for you TO ANSWER this QUESTION?

And, would you EVEN ANSWER A QUESTION like: What do 'I' seem to HAVE a so-called 'closed mind' ABOUT, EXACTLY?

We WILL SEE HOW LONG we WILL HAVE TO WAIT for you TO ANSWER this QUESTION.
Let's put it this way: You've got more than enough time to make yourself a cup of tea while you're waiting. :wink:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:59 pm

OK. Thank you for the clarification, Harbal. Everything is sinister to me when I am having visions of horror. But I will try to control myself if I can.
That's okay, Gary, I often have visions of horror myself when I get involved with Age. :o

Post by Age »

Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:34 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:42 pm

It is true what Harbal says. Those words were from one of my posts.
I KNOW.
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:42 pm Someone must be hacking the forum and doing evil.
WHY MUST 'this' BE what IS HAPPENING and OCCURRING here?

Did you EVER consider to just SEEK OUT CLARITY FIRST, BEFORE you JUMPED TO A CONCLUSION like this one here?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:42 pm This has happened at least twice that I have seen so far. My words are being misattributed or else used in other posts.
Do NOT 'writers' NOR 'posters' EVER MAKE MISTAKES WHEN writing OR posting?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:42 pm This is deceit and malice.
Could it NEVER be JUST A MISTAKE?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:42 pm This is not truth.
What IS 'truth', THEN, EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:42 pm Someone is doing evil, lying, obfuscating, and hiding the real truth from others here, irrespective of who they harm or discredit. That is evil.
Okay. If 'this' is what you SAY and CLAIM IS HAPPENING, then 'this' MUST BE HAPPENING, right?

Oh, and by the way, AT THE TIME WHEN you wrote 'this reply' WHO, EXACTLY, HAD 'those words' ATTRIBUTED TO, EXACTLY?
Okay. If you BELIEVE that 'that' IS 'what happened', then, to you, 'that' is what MUST OF HAPPENED, and there could NOT be ANY OTHER reason/s, right?

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:54 pm

I also, when replying to you, could not work out how I had made that mistake, and/or 'done wrong', on this occasion. Every other time I KNEW HOW I made the mistake/done wrong. As you say I have made this mistake or done 'this wrong' before, and on more occasions than I like, or could even remember. But, since I apologized to you I now think I know HOW I made the mistake/done wrong this time. And, as you say there was absolutely NOTHING 'sinister' AT ALL NOR even ANY 'intention' AT ALL either.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:00 pm
Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:45 pm

And IF I was to ASK you, 'What IS a 'mind', EXACTLY, which could be CLOSED, or NOT?' Then HOW LONG would 'we' HAVE TO WAIT for you TO ANSWER this QUESTION?

And, would you EVEN ANSWER A QUESTION like: What do 'I' seem to HAVE a so-called 'closed mind' ABOUT, EXACTLY?

We WILL SEE HOW LONG we WILL HAVE TO WAIT for you TO ANSWER this QUESTION.
Let's put it this way: You've got more than enough time to make yourself a cup of tea while you're waiting. :wink:
That you do NOT KNOW what the 'Mind' IS, EXACTLY, YET can be and IS FULLY UNDERSTOOD. However, what is found to be a rather DECEITFUL TACTIC is to make a CLAIM ABOUT "another" and/or ACCUSE 'them' of HAVING or DOING some 'thing', YET, when you are asked to PROVE or at least BACK UP and SUPPORT your CLAIM and ACCUSATION you INSTEAD DO NOTHING.

WHY 'this behavior' is Truly DECEITFUL IS BECAUSE human beings can be SO EASILY and SO SIMPLE LED INTO BELIEVING 'things', (which are NOT even True AT ALL). So, each time some one like 'you' CLAIMS or ACCUSES "another" of being (Wrongly called) "closed minded'', for example, then SOME "others" can and DO just BELIEVE 'it' to be true, ON NOTHING MORE than just someone like 'you' just SAYING 'it'.

Although NONE of 'you' ACTUALLY KNOW what the 'Mind' IS, EXACTLY, ANY one of 'you' could BELIEVE that "another" is so-called "closed minded" ON NOTHING MORE than 'your' OWN BELIEFS or ASSUMPTIONS.

And 'this phenomena' of just BELIEVING 'things' to be true BECAUSE "another" SAID some 'thing' can and DOES happen to ALL of 'you' in one form or another.

As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True here in this forum and throughout human history.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:26 pm
Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:34 pm

I KNOW.

WHY MUST 'this' BE what IS HAPPENING and OCCURRING here?

Did you EVER consider to just SEEK OUT CLARITY FIRST, BEFORE you JUMPED TO A CONCLUSION like this one here?

Do NOT 'writers' NOR 'posters' EVER MAKE MISTAKES WHEN writing OR posting?

Could it NEVER be JUST A MISTAKE?

What IS 'truth', THEN, EXACTLY?

Okay. If 'this' is what you SAY and CLAIM IS HAPPENING, then 'this' MUST BE HAPPENING, right?

Oh, and by the way, AT THE TIME WHEN you wrote 'this reply' WHO, EXACTLY, HAD 'those words' ATTRIBUTED TO, EXACTLY?
Okay. If you BELIEVE that 'that' IS 'what happened', then, to you, 'that' is what MUST OF HAPPENED, and there could NOT be ANY OTHER reason/s, right?
No Age. I am well aware of what is going on in the world, all the misinformation and hacking going on as well as confusion and errors on the part of others. It's really not that important for me to argue this point with you. If you think it is, then I'm sorry.

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:47 pm
Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:26 pm

No Age.
So, what you ONCE BELIEVED WAS HAPPENING, may NOT necessarily have been true AT ALL, correct?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm I am well aware of what is going on in the world, all the misinformation and hacking going on as well as confusion and errors on the part of others.
When you say, 'well aware', HOW AWARE is 'that', EXACTLY?

AND, are you REALLY SURE that 'you' ARE 'well aware' of ALL the MISINFORMATION and HACKING, which is going on as well as the CONFUSION and ERRORS of the part of "others"?

After all it was 'you', "gary childress", who WAS MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE here, BECAUSE of the MISINFORMATION that 'you' were GIVING "your" 'self', DUE TO 'your' OWN CONFUSION and ERRORS.

SO, being, SUPPOSEDLY, ABLE TO SEE ALL of the MISINFORMATION, CONFUSION, AND ERRORS IN "others" WHEN 'you' CAN NOT YET even SEE and RECOGNIZE those 'things' IN 'you' might just BE MORE MISINFORMATION, CONFUSION, and/or AN ERROR on 'your' part, correct?

Or, is this NOT even A POSSIBILITY FROM 'your' PERSPECTIVE of 'things' here?
Gary Childress wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 2:55 pm It's really not that important for me to argue this point with you. If you think it is, then I'm sorry.
I am just HAPPY that you are NOW 'well aware' that what you BELIEVE is true is NOT ALWAYS ANYWHERE NEAR 'as true' as what you FIRST BELIEVED.

'This' is 'what' you have 'now' COME-TO-REALIZE and BE AWARE OF, right?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:32 pm
I also, when replying to you, could not work out how I had made that mistake, and/or 'done wrong', on this occasion. Every other time I KNEW HOW I made the mistake/done wrong. As you say I have made this mistake or done 'this wrong' before, and on more occasions than I like, or could even remember. But, since I apologized to you I now think I know HOW I made the mistake/done wrong this time. And, as you say there was absolutely NOTHING 'sinister' AT ALL NOR even ANY 'intention' AT ALL either.
Nature never makes mistakes. All mistakes are known to have occurred only in the dream of conceptual separation, in the mind. And the mind is a myth.

No conceptually known 'thing' ever made a mistake, there's simply what happens or does not happen. And what apparently happens is nothing apparently happening, or unhappening.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:06 am
Nature never makes mistakes.
Okay.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:06 am All mistakes are known to have occurred only in the dream of conceptual separation, in the mind. And the mind is a myth.
So, to you, 'it' HAPPENS IN A 'thing', which IS A 'myth', correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:06 am No conceptually known 'thing' ever made a mistake, there's simply what happens or does not happen. And what apparently happens is nothing apparently happening, or unhappening.
Okay.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:41 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:06 am
Nature never makes mistakes.
Okay.
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:06 am All mistakes are known to have occurred only in the dream of conceptual separation, in the mind. And the mind is a myth.
So, to you, 'it' HAPPENS IN A 'thing', which IS A 'myth', correct?
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:06 am No conceptually known 'thing' ever made a mistake, there's simply what happens or does not happen. And what apparently happens is nothing apparently happening, or unhappening.
Okay.
Okay Age 👍 Okay!

Greatest I am

Post by Greatest I am »

Advocate wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:56 am
Greatest I am wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:03 pm
Advocate wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:40 am "Good" has the misfortune in English of opposing both bad (effect) and evil (intent).
I see no misfortune, just a position, but no argument.

Regards
DL
I was concurring that evil requires intent.
Indeed. Thanks.

Regards
DL
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Advocate wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:48 am Somewhere, sometime, someone was born just in time to be covered in lava. Mysterious ways indeed.
Evil bad!! The Pope, I think!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:15 pm
Advocate wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:48 am Somewhere, sometime, someone was born just in time to be covered in lava. Mysterious ways indeed.

Evil bad!! The Pope.