The Contradiction of the Point

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Eodnhoj7

Re: The Contradiction of the Point

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:21 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:19 pm
Age wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:53 am

BUT I DO NOT HAVE ANY ISSUE.

As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED here. As I ANSWER the QUESTIONS posed, and ASKED TO me.

you INABILITY to just ANSWER here AGAIN, is SHOWING just how MUCH of an ISSUE you REALLY HAVE here.

Have you made ANY 'rational claims'?

If yes, then WHERE and WHAT, EXACTLY?
1. That is your belief.
WHAT do you ASSUME or BELIEVE is my so-called and alleged 'belief' here?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:19 pm 2. A point divided results in further points.
Is 'this' YOUR so-called, and alleged, 'rational claim'?
1. My inability to answer your questions.

2. It is one of many.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:39 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:19 pm

1. That is your belief.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:19 pm 2. A point divided results in further points.
Are you here DISPUTING, or 'trying to' REFUTE, the Fact that you are NOT ANSWERING my ACTUAL QUESTIONS ASKED?

Also, stating Facts is NOT necessarily A 'belief' AT ALL.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:39 pm 2. It is one of many.
Okay, and when you USE the 'rational' word, what is 'this' in RELATION TO, EXACTLY?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:48 am

Are you here DISPUTING, or 'trying to' REFUTE, the Fact that you are NOT ANSWERING my ACTUAL QUESTIONS ASKED?

Okay, and when you USE the 'rational' word, what is 'this' in RELATION TO, EXACTLY?
1. Facts are relative to the observer thus are subjective. Your observation of facts is your observation of how you see reality. Given the subjectivity of this it requires belief as your facts are relative to you and are not objective as such.

2. What do you mean by rational?

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:10 pm

1. Facts are relative to the observer thus are subjective.
EXACTLY.

AND, it is through 'this' process HOW 'objectivity' IS REACHED, ACHIEVED, OBTAINED, and GAINED, AS WELL.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:10 pm Your observation of facts is your observation of how you see reality. Given the subjectivity of this it requires belief as your facts are relative to you and are not objective as such.
LOL
LOL
LOL

you could NOT be MORE Wrong AND MORE Incorrect, ONCE AGAIN.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:10 pm 2. What do you mean by rational?
Maybe the EXACT OPPOSITE OF you.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:10 pm1. Facts are relative to the observer thus are subjective.
Not exactly...

Facts are objective. But how the person reacts and responds to the fact, is the subjective part.

The object is outside the subject, not within it, as your statement implies.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:05 pm

EXACTLY.

AND, it is through 'this' process HOW 'objectivity' IS REACHED, ACHIEVED, OBTAINED, and GAINED, AS WELL.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:10 pm Your observation of facts is your observation of how you see reality. Given the subjectivity of this it requires belief as your facts are relative to you and are not objective as such.
LOL
LOL
LOL

1. And that objectivity is relative if all is relative.

2. And what do you mean by "wrong" and "incorrect"?

3. So what is rationality?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:11 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 8:10 pm1. Facts are relative to the observer thus are subjective.
Not exactly...

Facts are objective. But how the person reacts and responds to the fact, is the subjective part.

The object is outside the subject, not within it, as your statement implies.
The nature of objectivity being observed as shared subjective states necessitates the fact as fundamentally being group subjectivity.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:06 pm

EXACTLY.

LOL
LOL
LOL

VERY True, and ACTUALLY IRREFUTABLY True AS WELL
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:06 pm 2. And what do you mean by "wrong" and "incorrect"?
But I NEVER WROTE such 'things'.

Are you SURE you are SEEING and READING the ACTUAL WORDS that I AM SAYING and WRITING here?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:06 pm 3. So what is rationality?
The quality of being able to, or being endowed with the capacity to, reason.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:07 pmThe nature of objectivity being observed as shared subjective states necessitates the fact as fundamentally being group subjectivity.
Objects are outside of groups too.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:57 am

EXACTLY.

LOL
LOL
LOL

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:06 pm 2. And what do you mean by "wrong" and "incorrect"?

Are you SURE you are SEEING and READING the ACTUAL WORDS that I AM SAYING and WRITING here?
This will cut to the chase: What is reason?

Can you explain reason without using reasoning in a meaningless circle?
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Wizard22 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:33 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 10:07 pmThe nature of objectivity being observed as shared subjective states necessitates the fact as fundamentally being group subjectivity.
Objects are outside of groups too.
Are they really? Because to observe an object is to incorporate it into thought, to incorporate it into thought is to incorporate it within the self. Group observation of an object is multiple subjective states aligning. Individual observation of an object is the multiple angles of the self aligning (i.e. observing the stove is hot requires the eyes, skin, so on an so forth. Observing a play results in the manifestation of different emotional states.). Objectivity requires multiplicity and multiplicity requires distinction. Distinction requires one thing standing apart from another and with this comes contradiction.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:44 pm
Age wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:57 am

This will cut to the chase:
What IS 'the chase'? And, what WILL 'cut to' 'the chase'?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:44 pm What is reason?
1. Do you know what a dictionary IS?

2. Do you know how to USE a dictionary?

Now, the dictionary that I looked in had eight different 'definitions', or 'answers' to your 'question' here. Would you like all eight of them, or just one particular one of them, or would you like don't 'thing' ELSE here?

If you were MORE SPECIFIC with your QUESTIONING here, then I can be MORE SPECIFIC with MY ANSWERS, FOR you.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:44 pm Can you explain reason without using reasoning in a meaningless circle?
YES.

But are you even ABLE to SEE or COMPREHEND 'things' IN A NON MEANINGLESS CIRCLE?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:48 pmAre they really? Because to observe an object is to incorporate it into thought, to incorporate it into thought is to incorporate it within the self. Group observation of an object is multiple subjective states aligning. Individual observation of an object is the multiple angles of the self aligning (i.e. observing the stove is hot requires the eyes, skin, so on an so forth. Observing a play results in the manifestation of different emotional states.). Objectivity requires multiplicity and multiplicity requires distinction. Distinction requires one thing standing apart from another and with this comes contradiction.
Yes, objects are not mind-reliant. Objects exist without perceiving them. When you go to sleep at night, the Moon, the Sun, the Earth, the Universe doesn't stop existing.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:16 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:48 pmAre they really? Because to observe an object is to incorporate it into thought, to incorporate it into thought is to incorporate it within the self. Group observation of an object is multiple subjective states aligning. Individual observation of an object is the multiple angles of the self aligning (i.e. observing the stove is hot requires the eyes, skin, so on an so forth. Observing a play results in the manifestation of different emotional states.). Objectivity requires multiplicity and multiplicity requires distinction. Distinction requires one thing standing apart from another and with this comes contradiction.
Yes, objects are not mind-reliant. Objects exist without perceiving them. When you go to sleep at night, the Moon, the Sun, the Earth, the Universe doesn't stop existing.
I hope you are right, Wizard22. As best I can reckon, the alternative to that claim is very unsettling to think about. My own death is also very unpleasant to think about. Will I ever reach a point where I must choose between one or the other? Where I must choose between solipsism or else come to an end? Being presented with that dilemma is the greatest fear imaginable to me. I pray there is no such dilemma. They are both equally horrible.

I give this knowledge to others in the hope that it is the right thing to do.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Gary Childress wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:51 pmI hope you are right, Wizard22. As best I can reckon, the alternative to that claim is very unsettling to think about. My own death is also very unpleasant to think about. Will I ever reach a point where I must choose between one or the other? Where I must choose between solipsism or else come to an end? Being presented with that dilemma is the greatest fear imaginable to me. I pray there is no such dilemma. They are both equally horrible.

I give this knowledge to others in the hope that it is the right thing to do.
Consciousness of all lifeforms 'wakes up to' Existence larger and greater than itself.

The Ego defends itself against the Unknown, using Fear, recoiling 'inward', the first instinct and emotion.

I think that's what people interpret as Godliness and Divinity, after confronting Existence.