I resign

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

I resign

Post by Gary Childress »

There's nothing in this world I can say that would amount to anything, mean anything or count for anything. Philosophy is dead if it was even ever anything more than BS to being with. Philosophy is pointless. The world is a hopeless pit. If you don't want to agree with me, then please feel free not to respond. I'm tired of being blamed for my depression. I'm tired of people telling me to snap out of it or just be "thankful" or what a "****" I am or something. If you don't think the world is a hopeless pit, then go be merry or something and stop pissing on me in my threads. I know how I feel. I know why I feel it. The only thing I have left of value in this world is the ability to complain. So that's what I'm going to do. Please don't take that away from me also. I'm through apologizing or trying to make amends with anyone over things I say. Few seem to show me the kindness to do likewise toward things they say to me so apologizing and trying to make amends has been a waste also. And if God or Putin or Biden or anyone else wants to take us all to armageddon, then far be it from me to protest. Just do it. You run the show, not me. I tried to study philosophy and be a philosopher but it's not worth doing. There's no such thing as truth or wisdom, only opinion, and speculation. My mind is going, probably to early-onset Alzheimers. My mental health went a long time ago and it will not be "too soon" when life passes out of my body. This is not a good world we live in. If there is a god that presides over it, then it's not a good god. I'm sorry if you disagree, but that's my truth and you'll never understand it. Enjoy the world, you can have it, all 50 gazillion galaxies that will eventually rot in the sky and amount to nothing also--just like everything else in the universe.
promethean75

Re: I resign

Post by promethean75 »

I cannot accept this resignation.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:06 pm I cannot accept this resignation.
:lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

After you resign you are resigned.
When you are resigned the complaining naturally ends.

Resigned: "feeling or showing acceptance that something unwanted or unpleasant will happen or cannot be changed."
- MW.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uoa74e-DJtY
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

I am no longer viable. In the name of humanity and science, I will dedicate my last days in this world to the search for Truth.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:02 am I am no longer viable. In the name of humanity and science, I will dedicate my last days in this world to the search for Truth.
Woteva. U haven't become a Christian, so sure...good luck with a futile search.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:18 am
Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:02 am I am no longer viable. In the name of humanity and science, I will dedicate my last days in this world to the search for Truth.
Woteva. U haven't become a Christian, so sure...good luck with a futile search.
Sorry to disappoint. You'll have to find someone else for your purposes, perhaps?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

:mrgreen:

Go boyo go!
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

I too wanna resign. That makes two of us, eh mon ami?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:31 am I too wanna resign. That makes two of us, eh mon ami?
Sounds good. Maybe we could make a T-shirt out of the slogan? :)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

We could start a clothing line and call it: "resignation wear." :D
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:36 am
Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:31 am I too wanna resign. That makes two of us, eh mon ami?
:mrgreen: Let's not start a pandemic unless one is already in progress.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:39 am
:D Probably a wise idea.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Gary Childress wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:48 am
Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:39 am

:D Probably a wise idea.
:mrgreen:

Post by Age »

Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:28 pm There's nothing in this world I can say that would amount to anything, mean anything or count for anything. Philosophy is dead if it was even ever anything more than BS to being with. Philosophy is pointless. The world is a hopeless pit. If you don't want to agree with me, then please feel free not to respond. I'm tired of being blamed for my depression. I'm tired of people telling me to snap out of it or just be "thankful" or what a "****" I am or something. If you don't think the world is a hopeless pit, then go be merry or something and stop pissing on me in my threads. I know how I feel. I know why I feel it.
HOW do 'you' feel?

And, WHY do 'you' feel that way?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:28 pm The only thing I have left of value in this world is the ability to complain.
How, EXACTLY, is complaining of 'value' to you?

And, what is the 'value' relative to, EXACTLY?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:28 pm So that's what I'm going to do. Please don't take that away from me also. I'm through apologizing or trying to make amends with anyone over things I say. Few seem to show me the kindness to do likewise toward things they say to me so apologizing and trying to make amends has been a waste also. And if God or Putin or Biden or anyone else wants to take us all to armageddon, then far be it from me to protest. Just do it. You run the show, not me. I tried to study philosophy and be a philosopher but it's not worth doing.
This is just because 'philosophy' is NOT some 'thing' that you could study. Either one HAS 'philosophy' or one does NOT. And absolutely ANY can HAVE 'philosophy', and thus be a True 'philosoher' no matter what they have studied or have NOT YET even studied absolutely ANY thing.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:28 pm There's no such thing as truth or wisdom, only opinion, and speculation.
Is this an ACTUAL 'wise truth', or just a 'speculated opinion', of yours?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:28 pm My mind is going, probably to early-onset Alzheimers. My mental health went a long time ago and it will not be "too soon" when life passes out of my body. This is not a good world we live in.
Is it NOT a 'good world' because 'you' think or BELIEVE you are dying, or for some other reason?
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:28 pm If there is a god that presides over it, then it's not a good god. I'm sorry if you disagree, but that's my truth and you'll never understand it.
But your 'truth' seems VERY SIMPLE and EASY to understand, especially considering KNOWING, EXACTLY, WHERE you are COMING FROM.
Gary Childress wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:28 pmEnjoy the world, you can have it, all 50 gazillion galaxies that will eventually rot in the sky and amount to nothing also--just like everything else in the universe.
WHY would you PRESUME such a 'thing' as this? Especially considering what the ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth is, EXACTLY.