In The News

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: In The News

Post by promethean75 »

764 tons of hazmat material on the ship. Some containers breached.

Theory: they're contaminating the water with a pathogen that's gonna start making marylanders sick. In a week there'll be a couple cases of some mysterious covid like symptoms from some unidentified virus or bacteria. Then it'll go pandemic and there will be world wide lock downs. The election will be stolen from Don T again and the biden deep state will start the vaccination programs again.

If any of this happens, i just totally called it.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

when they contaminated the water off of Japan, we got Godzilla

hopefully with the contamination of the waters near Maryland, we'll get Giant Crab Beasts or something...

Giant Crab destroys D.C. ...

-Imp
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

FLASH. Trump eats Asian babies!
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

These impact statements are always so droning and long and horribly read. Yeah yeah we know. He was special... he lit up the room, loved to help people, had big plans for college. They all do, lady.

Please don't ever let anyone read an impact statement about me if I end up getting shot. Prom was just an all around great guy with a wonderful sense of humor. He loved to make people laugh. I remember one time at band camp when...

And u know what's so absurd about the Crumbley situation? These two parents are so traumatized by all this already that if u let them walk away free right now they wouldn't so much as run a red light for the rest of their lives. That's how criminal these two would be, so there's absolutely no risk in letting them go. This is all just society's revenge and retribution fantasy that it (society) has every time somebody gets shot and 'somebody's gotta pay' goddamit. Bunch of senseless angry animals the lot of u.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

In fact i think grandma and grandpa Crumbley should be charged with involuntary manslaughter becuz they missed the red flags raising the Crumbley parents when they were kids, and therefore could be held responsible for contributing to the school shooting.

Misbehaved and/or abnormal kids might make bad parents when they grow up and have sons that become school shooters.

The Crumbley parents were at some point misbehaved and/or abnormal during their childhood and adolescence, so signs were there that they'd make bad parents.

Grandma and grampa Crumbley, by being ontologically partly to blame (as causes) for the young Crumbley kids' behavior, are logically partly to blame for the school shooting via the intermediate stage they play in the causal chain of antecedent effects and events.

I will petition the district attorney to bring charges against grandma and grampa Crumbley then. Further charges may be brought against the great grandparents if they still live, as well.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:30 pm These impact statements are always so droning and long and horribly read. Yeah yeah we know. He was special... he lit up the room, loved to help people, had big plans for college. They all do, lady.

Please don't ever let anyone read an impact statement about me if I end up getting shot. Prom was just an all around great guy with a wonderful sense of humor. He loved to make people laugh. I remember one time at band camp when...

And u know what's so absurd about the Crumbley situation? These two parents are so traumatized by all this already that if u let them walk away free right now they wouldn't so much as run a red light for the rest of their lives. That's how criminal these two would be, so there's absolutely no risk in letting them go. This is all just society's revenge and retribution fantasy that it (society) has every time somebody gets shot and 'somebody's gotta pay' goddamit. Bunch of senseless angry animals the lot of u.
You’re right. That’s why their sentences are nothing more than a “message” to everyone else.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:52 pm In fact i think grandma and grandpa Crumbley should be charged with involuntary manslaughter becuz they missed the red flags raising the Crumbley parents when they were kids, and therefore could be held responsible for contributing to the school shooting.

Misbehaved and/or abnormal kids might make bad parents when they grow up and have sons that become school shooters.

The Crumbley parents were at some point misbehaved and/or abnormal during their childhood and adolescence, so signs were there that they'd make bad parents.

Grandma and grampa Crumbley, by being ontologically partly to blame (as causes) for the young Crumbley kids' behavior, are logically partly to blame for the school shooting via the intermediate stage they play in the causal chain of antecedent effects and events.

I will petition the district attorney to bring charges against grandma and grampa Crumbley then. Further charges may be brought against the great grandparents if they still live, as well.
:lol:
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

apologies for the over-exaggerated sarcasm but really this is ridiculous. U can't stretch the responsibility for a tragic event like this so far that u start blaming parents and parent's parents for a kid who does a school shooting. U can't get philosophical here becuz if u did, everybody including god would be to blame. U have to draw a practical line somewhere and stop the inquiry into causes responsible for x. Shit gets metaphysical real quick and those courts ain't tryna go that far into it.

Those two parents should be charged with some kind of parenting negligence misdemeanor charge or sumthin, but shirley not manslaughter. It really is outrageous what they've done to the Crumbleys.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

the state must control

it's democratic utopia

obey

-Imp
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

lol It’s like Democrats are pro-life whereas Republicans are pro-choice, Impy! Is that your complaint?