Is homosexuality a sin

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

dattaswami

Is homosexuality a sin

Post by dattaswami »

promethean75

Re: Is homosexuality a sin

Post by promethean75 »

Tank you veddy much my fdriend. okay couple things. i liked the part when homegirl says that the reason human beings should reproduce is so that there will be future generations which god can use to incarnate himself with. Like he's a cosmic tourist. that's pretty fuckin cool man. like the whole species and planet upon which it exists is for the purposes of god's entertainment and enjoyment. now that's a god that knows how to dance, as N would put it.

also what happens if a homo who doesn't want to sin has absolutely no sexual attraction to the opposite sex? is he supposed to live a life of celebacy? bro tell homegirl i don't think krishna, brahma, vishnu or shiva would care about what a few homos do behind closed doors.
wtf

Post by wtf »

promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

It's over for u now, swami. Wtf has just descended upon this thread in one of his incarnations... wtfrahma or wtfishnu.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I'm not familar with hyperbolic cosines but i ate at a restaurant once that had a hyperbolic cuisine. the dish names were excessively verbose and unecessarily long. names like fancy flamin' florentine fajitas and the pipin' hot portabella mushroom and pepper burger, for example. okay all u gotta say is it's spicy. and the menu item subtext reads 'so big you won't be hungry for a week!'

siriusly, a week?

i get the order and the burger is wrapped in a piece of tin foil wrapped in wax paper wrapped in a paper towel wrapped in a small paper bag put in a plastic carry out bag. okay, i get it. properly packaging your product is good, but let's be real.
dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 11:04 pm Tank you veddy much my fdriend. okay couple things. i liked the part when homegirl says that the reason human beings should reproduce is so that there will be future generations which god can use to incarnate himself with. Like he's a cosmic tourist. that's pretty fuckin cool man. like the whole species and planet upon which it exists is for the purposes of god's entertainment and enjoyment. now that's a god that knows how to dance, as N would put it.

also what happens if a homo who doesn't want to sin has absolutely no sexual attraction to the opposite sex? is he supposed to live a life of celebacy? bro tell homegirl i don't think krishna, brahma, vishnu or shiva would care about what a few homos do behind closed doors.
Any inborn defect in this life is only the fruit of some sin done in the past lives. A person who mocks at a eunuch, is born as a eunuch in his next life. If the eunuch is reformed in this birth and becomes a strong devotee of God, God will remove the defect and bless the soul even using His miraculous power, if needed.

The case of a gay person is highly unfortunate because God created a difference between males and females, so that both can engage in legitimate sex in order to give birth to the next generation. The continuity of the human race is the sacred mission of God and hence, legitimate sex is treated to be holy. It is even depicted on the walls of temples and praised in the Veda (Prajātantuṃ…) and in the Gita (Dharmāviruddhaḥ…).

Homosexual attraction is possible as in the case of male sages who were attracted by the astonishing beauty of Rāma. So much was their attraction to Rāma that they wished to become females and embrace Rāma. But remember, the sages only wished to embrace Rāma. They did not wish to have sex with Rāma. Their desire was fulfilled by God when they were reborn as the female Gopikās in their next birth.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

I mean, what is God going to do??????????????????
How can he or she possibiliy incarnate if some percentage of the population is gay???????????????????????????????????
This cuts down the postential new babies to be divine avatars to millions less.
Yes, there are more babies by a huge margin than there were when Jesus incarnated. There were 300 million people then, but they were choice bits of incarnation hosts. Now, sure, there are billions of people, but the choice cuts are getting taken by the gays.
I worry about an all powerful deity when his or her options are reduced.
What can he or she possibly do??????????????????????????????????????????
Come on people, the straights out there have got to make more potential Jesus babies.
I'm really wiped out from work, but I'm heading to the clubs to do my part.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

dattaswami wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:25 pm https://youtu.be/B_e-UEUbnBk
Just out of curiosity, what about sex and souls? In Heaven for example. Even though we come into the world on this side of the grave as a result of sex, many religious denominations are especially queasy about it. Even some Pagans. In fact, I just rewatched one of my favorite films in which sex and God play a key role: https://www.ilovephilosophy.com/viewtop ... v#p2358499

No homosexuality in it...but there are really, really strict rules regarding copulation in this denomination.

So, just speculating I'm sure, what is allowed or not allowed sexually in Heaven? Or, with souls, is that all irrelevant.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Anything can happen in a dream if it's meant to happen.

And nothing ever happened in a dream.

dattaswami

Post by dattaswami »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:14 am I mean, what is God going to do??????????????????
How can he or she possibiliy incarnate if some percentage of the population is gay???????????????????????????????????
This cuts down the postential new babies to be divine avatars to millions less.
Yes, there are more babies by a huge margin than there were when Jesus incarnated. There were 300 million people then, but they were choice bits of incarnation hosts. Now, sure, there are billions of people, but the choice cuts are getting taken by the gays.
I worry about an all powerful deity when his or her options are reduced.
What can he or she possibly do??????????????????????????????????????????
Come on people, the straights out there have got to make more potential Jesus babies.
I'm really wiped out from work, but I'm heading to the clubs to do my part.
See, we are born since our parents had heterosexual relations and hence we came to this world. Homos sexuality is actually meaningless, since the purpose of souls born into this world is defeated. Souls comes from the upperworld due to heterosexual union through wife and husband and that is a divine purpose of marriage. The humanity shall extend further through such holy route.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

dattaswami wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:08 pm See, we are born since our parents had heterosexual relations and hence we came to this world. Homos sexuality is actually meaningless, since the purpose of souls born into this world is defeated. Souls comes from the upperworld due to heterosexual union through wife and husband and that is a divine purpose of marriage. The humanity shall extend further through such holy route.
Dattaswami, you need to be bent over a table by a big black man and given a damn good pumping.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

dattaswami wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:25 pm https://youtu.be/B_e-UEUbnBk
Grrrr! Talk about gay pride.

Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:16 pm
dattaswami wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:08 pm See, we are born since our parents had heterosexual relations and hence we came to this world. Homos sexuality is actually meaningless, since the purpose of souls born into this world is defeated. Souls comes from the upperworld due to heterosexual union through wife and husband and that is a divine purpose of marriage. The humanity shall extend further through such holy route.
Dattaswami, you need to be bent over a table by a big black man and given a damn good pumping.
LOL. But what amazes me is that his response in no way at all shows that he understood my point, though on some primitive level he knew I was, well, not agreeing. As much as Walker manages to be both clueless and pernicious - not as easy a combination as one might think - I'm stunned he could manage to put this guy on a pedastal.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:57 pm
LOL. But what amazes me is that his response in no way at all shows that he understood my point, though on some primitive level he knew I was, well, not agreeing. As much as Walker manages to be both clueless and pernicious - not as easy a combination as one might think - I'm stunned he could manage to put this guy on a pedastal.
Dattaswami is only here to gather followers, although I think he has seriously misjudged the probability of finding any. I guess his motive is financial, but I would say there is also a good deal of vanity involved. From what I have seen, he doesn't devote much attention to questions; only giving them enough to form a rough sense of their nature. He then tends to respond to them with something he judges appropriate, but which quite often isn't. While he is here, I think he should be treated with the respect he deserves, and I have been mindful of that in all my interactions with him. :|
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Harbal wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:21 pm Dattaswami is only here to gather followers, although I think he has seriously misjudged the probability of finding any. I guess his motive is financial, but I would say there is also a good deal of vanity involved. From what I have seen, he doesn't devote much attention to questions; only giving them enough to form a rough sense of their nature. He then tends to respond to them with something he judges appropriate, but which quite often isn't. While he is here, I think he should be treated with the respect he deserves, and I have been mindful of that in all my interactions with him. :|
You're pithy approach is just (and entertaining)