Mathematics is an incorrect interpretation of a MESSAGE

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Re: Mathematics is an incorrect interpretation of a MESSAGE

Post by roydop »

This is the sign of contentment

https://www.youtube.com/live/Uj6n83ocdI ... hare&t=118

The path to this state, which I see as the next evolutionary step of increasing Self-Awareness, is through THOUGHT FREE AWARENESS.

That's it that's all.

I have discovered the most wonderful jewel of innate happiness that is the state transcendent of thought. I figured that maybe people would want to be happy and that some might be appreciative of being shown this innate happiness; this direct path out of suffering. But instead I get attacked personally, laughed at and ridiculed.

So be it. All unfolds as it should, and for most this unfolding includes a shit load of suffering. My intention is to help people out of their illusion and subsequent suffering. If people reject this, then by all means, enjoy your suffering!
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Yeah, so you opted to not own up to a thing.
roydop wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:00 pm This is the sign of contentment

https://www.youtube.com/live/Uj6n83ocdI ... hare&t=118
Perhaps someday you'll realize that the contentment inside your experiencing, is inside your experiencing. You haven't demonstrated anything to us, nor have you managed to explain why you got insulting when no one responded to your OP for three days.
The path to this state, which I see as the next evolutionary step of increasing Self-Awareness, is through THOUGHT FREE AWARENESS.

That's it that's all.

I have discovered the most wonderful jewel of innate happiness that is the state transcendent of thought. I figured that maybe people would want to be happy and that some might be appreciative of being shown this innate happiness; this direct path out of suffering. But instead I get attacked personally, laughed at and ridiculed.
And clearly you think you have nothing to learn from what isn't working. You blame others.

There are many teachers out there with a very similar message about thought free awareness, usually with a different label. A number of them have many people listening to them. Hm, what might be different?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

roydop wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:06 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:16 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:28 pm

Wow, what an intelligent and relevant response.
I know - and great advice
Did I mention that I'm not on any medication?
That's what I am worried about.
You need to get back to get your prescription buddy.
You know it makes sense
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:10 pm A number of them have many people listening to them. Hm, what might be different?
In Roy's mind, seems the entire world has an obvious huge dopamine deficit, all except him of course. He's obviously loaded with the stuff, which he displays effortlessly in his satsang videos. The one's that are about as exciting as watching his dopamine dry up so completely that would make watching paint dry seem like an experience of pure erotic ecstasy in comparison.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:04 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:10 pm A number of them have many people listening to them. Hm, what might be different?
In Roy's mind, seems the entire world has an obvious huge dopamine deficit, all except him of course. He's obviously loaded with the stuff, which he displays effortlessly in his satsang videos. The one's that are about as exciting as watching his dopamine dry up so completely that would make watching paint dry seem like an experience of pure erotic ecstasy in comparison.
LOL.
I find it amusing he thinks the video is evidence of anything for us.
He did nothing for just two hours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQHJX9rMp8
I'd learn about math from this guy.

Hey, he talks about global warming in the OP video. I wonder if Roy knows that they used math to find out about global warming.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:17 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:04 pm
LOL.
I find it amusing he thinks the video is evidence of anything for us.
He did nothing for just two hours.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekQHJX9rMp8
I'd learn about math from this guy.

Hey, he talks about global warming in the OP video. I wonder if Roy knows that they used math to find out about global warming.
LOL

Reminds of a Rumi poem...

An ant hurries along a threshing floor with its wheat grain,
moving between huge stacks of wheat,
not knowing the abundance all around.
It thinks its one grain is all there is to love.
So we choose a tiny seed to be devoted to.
This body, one path or one teacher.
Look wider and farther.

If we only see the one grain, and cling only to that one. We'll not see all the other grains. Or we will see all the other grains and only want to see one.
Walker

Post by Walker »

alan1000 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:17 pm forgive my naivete but - is any of this remotely relevant to mathematics>
The message:

If a circle within a square tangentially touches the square at four points, the total area of the square is greater than that of the circle. The two 2-dimensional forms each share the same dimensionless, still center point, although there are parts of the square that the circle cannot share. However, since there is nothing of the circle that is not also the square, the circle is the square, and even shares with the square the same dimensionless, still center point around which the universe revolves. More than the circle can only be known at the same center that they share, not out on the boundary line. What is known of the square beyond the circle can only be known through the portal of stillness at the center they share.

As roydop notes, the portal to stillness is meditation.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:32 pm As roydop notes, the portal to stillness is meditation.
Which is a vastly better way of getting at getting people to meditate if that's the goal. Just talk about meditation and experiences and don't bring in math.

Some lay chemist will come in with some totally useless model using the periodic table to get people to meditate and.....

what a left brain waste of picking a spaghetti off the floor with your toes.

We have hands for Christ sake.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:51 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:32 pm As roydop notes, the portal to stillness is meditation.
Which is a vastly better way of getting at getting people to meditate if that's the goal. Just talk about meditation and experiences and don't bring in math.

Some lay chemist will come in with some totally useless model using the periodic table to get people to meditate and.....

what a left brain waste of picking a spaghetti off the floor with your toes.

We have hands for Christ sake.
If you let spaghetti sit awhile on the floor it gets a bit sticky, clumpy. If you've maintained your toe exercises and flexability that should be no problem, not even a bump in the road, leaving hands free for livin'.

One of these days I'll tell you about the armless lady I met as a child. She did amazing things with her feet. She put her baby on the counter of her kitchen and changed its cloth diaper with pre-velcro safety pins, while she was cooking dinner on the stove top. I was a tagalong with some of the grow-ups who were paying a social call.

You can get just about anywhere from here.

How to Get to Redbud
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mIjqzjZpiw
"You can't get there from here."
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:04 pm If you let spaghetti sit awhile on the floor it gets a bit sticky, clumpy. If you've maintained your toe exercises and flexability that should be no problem, not even a bump in the road, leaving hands free for livin'.
Sure. And you could be typing into the computer/phone with your toes too. And if it brings you joy, please do it. I want you to use your toes for spaghetti if it makes you happy or helps you in some way. Great. But it's not the easiest way. It's not the most direct way. There's no reason to reach out to people with math, when really that's not your goal. Roydop bitches occasionally that people aren'tresponding to his ideas. Well, skip the math, get to the gist.
One of these days I'll tell you about the armless lady I met as a child. She did amazing things with her feet.
This would be relevant if I said people can't pick up spaghetti with their feet and toes. She had no hands and developed feet skills because of that. Good for her.
You can get just about anywhere from here.
Yes, but Roydop doesn't want people to get anywhere. His intention or so he says is to help people and get them into thought free awareness.

My suggestion, skip the math.
Walker

Post by Walker »

"Here," which was referenced above and by now has turned into there, took you down your familiar road, with your familiar suggestions. Keep it up and you'll become a type. Here in mathematics is where we are and a certain type always says no to here. They are the Neiners.

Mathematics isn't horseshoes, and like math, the rules of horseshoes were also discovered by humans.

What's the expression? Close-enough counts with horseshoes and grenades.

"If I was going to get to Redbud I sure as hell wouldn't start from here. I'd go to a town called Beaver Mills." :lol:

Rosebud is a funny name for a sled.
Walker

Post by Walker »

I didn’t watch roydop’s video.

What I’m wondering but don’t see the personal need to discover: In the above model of the circle within the square, what is the trigonomic formula for calculating the area of the square excluded from the circle? Once we know that, and can compare it to the area of the circle, we can consider implications.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:09 pm I didn’t watch roydop’s video.
TIme saved is time not wasted
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:09 pm I didn’t watch roydop’s video.
That can certainly prevent disagreement and confusion.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:40 am "Here," which was referenced above and by now has turned into there, took you down your familiar road, with your familiar suggestions.
Yeah, I've told people to skip the math and said NO to math so many...well, maybe a couple...once, in this thread in the very specific context you know nothing about, given your admission in your next post.
Keep it up and you'll become a type.
Here in mathematics is where we are and a certain type always says no to here.

LOL. You didn't watch the video, so you haven't the slightest idea about the context of this thread or my posts or his. The title of his video, if you show the OP writer minimal respect before weighing in is
The Theory of Enlightenment explained
Just because he plopped it into math and there is a not very good argument in the beginning of the video about why math is wrong (talk about being a Neiner) it's not really about math.
They are the Neiners.
Whoever these neiners are if they actually read OPs and/or know what they are about, there thoughts are probably on topic unlike yours.
Mathematics isn't horseshoes, and like math, the rules of horseshoes were also discovered by humans.

What's the expression? Close-enough counts with horseshoes and grenades.
And so far, you're not close enough for horseshoes to the topic.

It seems like my posts reminded you of something, like when my dog would sometimes bark at the shadow of a tree in the wind. I know you're triggered, but nothing you've written has anything to do with what I've written.

Nice entry into a thread. Don't give a shit about the topic and then go personal with people who do.

That's a type and one worth ignoring.