Mathematics is an incorrect interpretation of a MESSAGE

What is the basis for reason? And mathematics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

Mathematics is an incorrect interpretation of a MESSAGE

Post by roydop »

Mathematics is not the path of Truth, but of delusion

https://youtu.be/YU1_FKx_XH0
roydop

Re: Mathematics is an incorrect interpretation of a MESSAGE

Post by roydop »

No one wants to recognize this.

The thing about being in a state of delusion is that you don't know you're in a state of delusion because you're delusional

The entire species is under the spell of a cult leader. That cult leader is academia.

The irony of the most important philosophical discourse in history being ignored in a philosophy forum is delicious irony.

Perfect
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:49 pm No one wants to recognize this.
There is no one to recognise this, so yes, no one to recognise this want.
roydop wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:49 pmThe thing about being in a state of delusion is that you don't know you're in a state of delusion because you're delusional
That's right, only a delusional person would know the state of delusion.
roydop wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:49 pmThe entire species is under the spell of a cult leader. That cult leader is academia.
Maybe not the entire species, I personally for one have never believed in what academia attempted to show me.

ALSO...'' I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. '' – Mark Twain ..He's another one not under the spell of academia.
roydop wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:49 pmThe irony of the most important philosophical discourse in history being ignored in a philosophy forum is delicious irony.

Perfect
What's even more ironic is Roy believing the most important philosophy is being ignored, already knowing that thought free awareness is your only true natural and happy state, a state where philosophy is relatively absent of content.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

That seems a bit of a quick conclusion. How many people have seen your video?
The thing about being in a state of delusion is that you don't know you're in a state of delusion because you're delusional
That concern cuts both ways. The internet is filled with undiscovered geniuses with a lot of blame for the lack of acknowledgement of their ideas. How many of them have much (new) to offer is not easy to calculate.
The entire species is under the spell of a cult leader. That cult leader is academia.
That's just silly, hopefully intended as hyperbole, but I think even if that's the intention it's exaggerated. Trump's followers are not under the lead of academia. As one example amongst many. There are many who follow traditional leaders of the Abrahamic religions who are not under the spell of academia. There are many people who doggedly meditate and have done so longer than you and have similar beliefs to some of yours. They are also not under the spell of academia.
The irony of the most important philosophical discourse in history being ignored in a philosophy forum is delicious irony.
A highly intelligent, enlightened person who wants to reach more people has a challenge.

This sounds like blame-filled sour grapes with a decorative 'I really don't care' at the end. That's the irony. The irony is that you so obviously care and are bugged, but need to keep taking the 'high spiritual ground' as say that you just don't care. It's all perfect.
You know who does this kind of thing with great regularity, who point out what they think are other people's shortcomings and then finish by saying they don't really care?

Teenagers.

The other irony is that quite a number of people you don't respect see this.

You cannot meditate away blind spots.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

recognition comes with truth; not schizophrenic delusions; unless you are the individual schizophrenic originator of the delusion.

Now that is true. You have missed it completely

This does not work for several reasons.
1) is that "academia"is not a single entity capable of leadership.
2) The entire species is not in contact with academia. Only a small percentage of the population is in contact with academia.
3) Academia is a very broad church. It is a collection of arguments and discussions. Maybe had you spend more time in contact with it you would know that?

Perfect
Urumpph! :D
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

roydop wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:49 pm The irony of the most important philosophical discourse in history being ignored in a philosophy forum is delicious irony.
I'm having difficulty keeping track of all the best and greatest philosopher of all time we keep on staff at this shit little web forum. So currently it's you, Advocate, Handjob7, Age, are all the greatest and wisest individual that has ever or will ever live(d).

I'm missing some aren't I? Do we need to take a roll call of the greatest mind in history to see how many of you fucknuts are him today?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:06 pm
There is no one to recognise this, so yes, no one to recognise this want.
roydop wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:49 pmThe thing about being in a state of delusion is that you don't know you're in a state of delusion because you're delusional
That's right, only a delusional person would know the state of delusion.
roydop wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:49 pmThe entire species is under the spell of a cult leader. That cult leader is academia.
Maybe not the entire species, I personally for one have never believed in what academia attempted to show me.

ALSO...'' I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. '' – Mark Twain ..He's another one not under the spell of academia.
So, there are at least two here, yet above you say and claim, 'There is NO one to recognize ...'.

How many, EXACTLY, are there in this so-called 'nondual' idea?

It appears that sometimes there is NO one, at other times however there is said to be One, but also at other times it is claimed there are at least two.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:06 pm
roydop wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:49 pmThe irony of the most important philosophical discourse in history being ignored in a philosophy forum is delicious irony.

Perfect
What's even more ironic is Roy believing the most important philosophy is being ignored, already knowing that thought free awareness is your only true natural and happy state, a state where philosophy is relatively absent of content.
Great point.

Post by Age »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:45 am
roydop wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:49 pm The irony of the most important philosophical discourse in history being ignored in a philosophy forum is delicious irony.
I'm having difficulty keeping track of all the best and greatest philosopher of all time we keep on staff at this shit little web forum. So currently it's you, Advocate, Handjob7, Age, are all the greatest and wisest individual that has ever or will ever live(d).
LOL WHERE have i ONCE EVER said or written ANY thing that even remotely makes this CLAIM "flashdangerpants"?

Until 'you' provide some 'thing', and we are given a chance to LOOK AT 'it' and DISCUSS 'it', then what you SAY and CLAIM here is just ANOTHER UNSUBSTANTIATED CLAIM of 'yours'.
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:45 am I'm missing some aren't I?
YES, 'you' REALLY ARE "flashdangerpants".
FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:45 am Do we need to take a roll call of the greatest mind in history to see how many of you fucknuts are him today?
'you' can do absolutely ANY 'thing' to 'TRY TO' back up and support ANY of 'your' OWN BELIEFS and ASSUMPTIONS. But be forewarned if they are NOT True, Right, NOR Correct, then ALL of 'your' 'TRYING' will, literally, be for NOTHING.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:00 am

So, there are at least two here, yet above you say and claim, 'There is NO one to recognize ...'.
Only in the story of characters within the artificial dream of separation (duality) are there 'someone's'
However, these so called 'someone's' are about as real as one would expect any character in a dream would appear to be.
Age wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:00 amHow many, EXACTLY, are there in this so-called 'nondual' idea?
The answer to how many... would be many, there are many, ad infintum, so not quite EXACTLY
Age wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:00 amIt appears that sometimes there is NO one, at other times however there is said to be One, but also at other times it is claimed there are at least two.
Yes, so it seems, so it appears that there are many of the no /one. Just as there are many dreamt characters within the dreamer.

Age wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:00 amGreat point.
It's not only great, it's fucking genius. 8)
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:45 am

I'm missing some aren't I? Do we need to take a roll call of the greatest mind in history to see how many of you fucknuts are him today?
Don't forget Data Swarm, the reincarnation of Jesus AND a number of other famous god-on-earth people. That's going beyond the people on your list. They are humble by comparison.

I think we should have a debate thread where only people claiming to be the ____________est can participant. Last entity standing gets an appropriate accolade from all members of the forum.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:30 am
Age wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:00 am

Only in the story of characters within the artificial dream of separation (duality) are there 'someone's'
However, these so called 'someone's' are about as real as one would expect any character in a dream would appear to be.
So WHY do characters like 'you' "dontaskme" express as though 'you' characters are somehow real?
Age wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:00 amHow many, EXACTLY, are there in this so-called 'nondual' idea?
The answer to how many... would be many, there are many, ad infintum, so not quite EXACTLY
Age wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:00 amIt appears that sometimes there is NO one, at other times however there is said to be One, but also at other times it is claimed there are at least two.
Yes, so it seems, so it appears that there are many of the no /one. Just as there are many dreamt characters within the dreamer.
But WHO is this so-called 'dreamer'?

Just ANOTHER character or thee one and ONLY REAL One?
Age wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:00 amGreat point.
It's not only great, it's fucking genius. 8)
Okay, is this the 'character' speaking?
alan1000

Post by alan1000 »

forgive my naivete but - is any of this remotely relevant to mathematics>
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

alan1000 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:17 pm forgive my naivete but - is any of this remotely relevant to mathematics>
pedant! ( :D )
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

alan1000 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:17 pm forgive my naivete but - is any of this remotely relevant to mathematics>
Yes, it does seem to have some relevance, well in Roy's mind anyway.

See the charts he has constructed in his video's ... 01234567891011...etc,etc, ad infintum < mathematics, probably has something to do with those numbers. :D

mathematics the abstract science of number, quantity, and space, either as abstract concepts ( pure mathematics ), or as applied to other disciplines such as physics and engineering ( applied mathematics ).
"a taste for mathematics"
the mathematical aspects of something. . . According to Roydop's opinion.

As for the topic subject title...''Mathematics is an incorrect interpretation of a MESSAGE''

I could live 10 zillion life times and still not have the foggiest idea what that is supposed to mean. :?
But it obviously means something to Roy.
wtf

Post by wtf »

roydop wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:31 pm Mathematics is not the path of Truth, but of delusion

https://youtu.be/YU1_FKx_XH0
I thought I'd take a run at watching your video. In the very first second you pick your left ear with your left index finger. This gesture seems to evoke the ancient source of mathematics, namely pointing. When you point, you indicate "one," or "that one." It's a primal act of selection. From there to the abstraction of the number one is but a brief evolutionary step.

But more than that. You did not just point at your ear. You did definitely pick your ear, as if there is something in there. What? A flea? My cat often sticks her paw in her ear to attend to an itch. Nothing mathematical about that. Perhaps you simply had an itch, and this was not a proto-mathematical gesture at all.

Then you removed your finger from your ear, exclaimed, "Ok!", and smiled wryly. Meaning that without picking your ear, you could not begin. And that having now picked your ear, and with evident success and an expression of joy uncharacteristic of your usual dour countenance, you are able to begin.

I should add that this ear-picking gesture is in no way incidental to the video. On the contrary, it's essential. Coming at the very first second of recording, it could easily have been edited out, or the recording restarted to omit it. But no. This gesture is deliberate. We are made to see the ear picking, to experience it, to unconsciously absorb its raw physicality.

Indeed it's revealing that physical considerations, physical demands, physical necessities, physical urges, impose themselves upon your verbal flow in spite of yourself. Pleasuring your tumescent tool could not have been more blatant than that flagrant otic gesture. Not unlike the accidental (or deliberate) hilarity of the knocked-over whiteboard in the other video. You mightily strive to present an image of pure intellectuality, only to inevitably be betrayed by the physical world around you, and your own body's needs. And you want us to see that. Rest assured I did see that, and was struck by the nonverbal message even before your words began. Your physical needs cry out for expression as you try without success to suppress them with words.

And again. "Ok!" and a wry smile. When have we seen you smile? A fulfilling digital penetration of the ear and a post-coital sigh.

Well that's enough for tonight.
Last edited by wtf on Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:51 am, edited 5 times in total.