Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

Post by Iwannaplato »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:52 am I am a vessel of the Lord almighty. I am his servant. And I will do his deeds. I am good with words, therefore I have excepted my proceedings in life revolve around me convincing and speaking with many people.

This response to this forum was based on my outlook from God, if you discuss with me...then Mr.Plato you discuss straight to God.
What are the three main real life problems I am dealing with right now in my life?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Abortion is not a sin.

There can be legal sanctions.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 4:52 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:12 am
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:02 am Now, young Plato, you tell me. How can a mere human much like yourself understand the values and reasonings of God?
I'm not discussing things with God. I'm discussing things with you: your reasoning.

It's you who think you know what is going on with God.
I am a vessel of the Lord almighty. I am his servant. And I will do his deeds. I am good with words, therefore I have excepted my proceedings in life revolve around me convincing and speaking with many people.
Good with words are you? Excepted? Surely you mean accepted - that is at least the second time you have used the word 'excepted' incorrectly.

Learn English grammar if you insist on professing to us your skills as a wordsmith! Didn't God make it part of his plan for you, to speak coherently?

I'm quite happy to nail you to a crucifix if that is part of God's plan for you. :twisted:
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Rape is the real Sin, in the premise.

Why isn't the question instead: "How do we stop rapes from happening" instead of focusing on the abortion?

The question in the premise is a diversion.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:34 pm Rape is the real Sin, in the premise.

Why isn't the question instead: "How do we stop rapes from happening" instead of focusing on the abortion?

No it's not lmao. No matter how much effort you put into stopping rapes, rapes will still sometimes happen, so the question is still going to be relevant, even if people are focusing on stopping rapes.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Yes and where R_APES are concerned - abort at will.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:34 pm Rape is the real Sin, in the premise.

I suppose forcing a rapist to be shackled to accountability for fathering an unwanted child might be more sobering for him than a life sentence (the death penalty might even be more merciful by comparison), however, it appears to be a no-win situation for anyone, including the child and its mother. The reality is that the world is not a paradise and doesn't treat unwanted children particularly kindly. Once upon a time, the technical name for such children was "bastard", which is currently a very pejorative term.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:48 pm . Once upon a time, the technical name for such children was "bastard",.
But that name is more likely to be given to the rapist now.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:21 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:12 am I'm not discussing things with God. I'm discussing things with you: your reasoning.

It's you who think you know what is going on with God.
I am a vessel of the Lord almighty. I am his servant. And I will do his deeds. I am good with words, therefore I have excepted my proceedings in life revolve around me convincing and speaking with many people.
Good with words are you? Excepted? Surely you mean accepted - that is at least the second time you have used the word 'excepted' incorrectly.

Learn English grammar if you insist on professing to us your skills as a wordsmith! Didn't God make it part of his plan for you, to speak coherently?

I'm quite happy to nail you to a crucifix if that is part of God's plan for you. :twisted:

Doesn't everybody misspell eventually? Doesn't everybody do things not perfectly? Do you think its your place for you to ever speak down to a human like that? Under what cause because the grammar police upgraded your showmanship? I pray you try and nail me to a crucifix, see how well that goes for you. youll see how the Lords plan unfolds to a blaspheming heathen like yourself who is EXCEPTED of pain.

come at me with respect as a philosopher should or take off you mask and leave this place and dont come to me atall.

who are you? Nothing in the plan for me.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:55 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:48 pm . Once upon a time, the technical name for such children was "bastard",.
But that name is more likely to be given to the rapist now.
Definitely it's more deserved there.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

attofishpi wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:52 pm Yes and where R_APES are concerned - abort at will.
I find it preposterous. For you. To Expect anyone to take you even remotely serious with your profile pic being a fucking Dog from a cartoon show. That only focuses around sarcasm. And rebuttals against the smallest attributes to humankind. A Family Guy representation of any rhetorical remark is what you are on this post. Because nothing you can say (or type in this sense ) is registered as legit in anyone forum or conversation. I have yet to see you in any other forum. You look like you're just a troll on here to me. and im sure any self respecting philosopher would also agree as to why is there a child commenting with no reasonable perception as to why one thinks in " just" to the cause.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

dattaswami wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:50 am Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

[Reply tp a question by Smt. Priyanka Seethepalli] Swami replied: Rape is the sin of the rapist and not the sin of the raped lady. There is no need to have an abortion, provided the husband of the lady agrees. The unborn child in the womb of the woman is not a sinner. So, why should it be killed? If the lady does not want to raise the child herself, she can deliver it and give it for adoption in an orphanage run by a charitable institution (anātha āśrama).
The essence of life is experience and has been defined by some as the holy grail of life itself. Sin is a moronic concept in this day and age, and this is a moronic topic for a philosophy forum. Nature cares not for the suffering of life, only life itself has the capacity to care for and lessen the suffering of all life forms. Faith is a self-inflicted lobotomy, and serves no practical purpose but to create divisions of in and out groups. Personally, I leave the bomb throwing to the religious.
Last edited by popeye1945 on Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:58 pm
attofishpi wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:21 am

Doesn't everybody misspell eventually? Doesn't everybody do things not perfectly? Do you think its your place for you to ever speak down to a human like that? Under what cause because the grammar police upgraded your showmanship? I pray you try and nail me to a crucifix, see how well that goes for you. youll see how the Lords plan unfolds to a blaspheming heathen like yourself who is EXCEPTED of pain.
Oh good!! I am going to be EXCEPTED of pain - in other words an exception will be made and I will not receive pain!! - idiot.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:44 am idiot.
someone who cannot validate nor find anything reasonable to say back...immature. And is EXCEPTED by everyone as immature.

have a great life friend
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:16 am
attofishpi wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:44 am idiot.
someone who cannot validate nor find anything reasonable to say back...immature. And is EXCEPTED by everyone as immature.

have a great life friend
Get it fucking right dick head - the word you want is "ACCEPTED" ffs. :roll: