Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

Can philosophers help resolve the real problems that people have in their lives?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the foetus?

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harbal wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:42 pm

I do think the abortion of a fully formed baby is wrong,
Of course, you would never have to worry your head about that, but since you insist on being involved then 'fully formed' is when a foetus can survive outside the womb, which is apparently 24 weeks, although the lungs aren't properly formed at that stage and an incubator is required.
As the vast majority of abortions are done in the first few weeks of pregnancy then it's not really something you need to worry about.
A late stage 'abortion' is actually an induction, performed mostly to save the life of the mother. You can't just go to an abortion clinic at 24 weeks gestation and say 'Oh, I don't want to be pregnant any more, give me an abortion...'

So over all the fucking males on here putting in their 2 cents worth, when they haven't even bothered to find out what abortion is, or involves, or anything about biology, or women, or foetuses...
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Is it sin for a rape victim to abort the fetus?

Henry is such an icky little hypocrite. He pretends to care deeply about foetuses (even the foetuses of unmarried black women) yet bangs on constantly about shooting anyone who tries to take HIS property-- even if it's a teacup :lol:
Interesting that racist Americans are so anti-choice. Pure irony of course. It's the very fact that black women in the US have a disproportionately large percentage of total abortions that is at the root of all the 'wailing and hand-wringing' and faux concern. Hypocrites like Henry can't stand the fact that these women have access to safe abortions. They would much prefer backstreet ones---kill two birds with one stone, as it were....
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Harbal wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:51 pmI wasn't being less definite in the first place; I just didn't explain myself clearly enough.
My mistake. I shoulda said: See? Bein' concrete ain't hard.
As for why I would consider putting a new born baby to death wrong, henry, that would take a whole lot of thinking about, and a whole lot longer to put into words.
Well, if you get around to thinkin' on it, and wanna post those thoughts: I'm interested.

No rush, though.
vegetariantaxidermy

:twisted:
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:59 pm

Of course, you would never have to worry you head about that, but since you insist on being involved then 'fully formed' is when a foetus can survive outside the womb, which is apparently 24 weeks, although the lungs aren't properly formed at that stage and an incubator is required.
As the vast majority of abortions are done in the first few weeks of pregnancy then it's not really something you need to worry about.
A late stage 'abortion' is actually an induction, performed mostly to save the life of the mother. You can't just go to an abortion clinic at 24 weeks gestation and say 'Oh, I don't want to be pregnant any more, give me an abortion...'

So over all the fucking males on here putting in their 2 cents worth, when they haven't even bothered to find out what abortion is, or involves, or anything about biology, or women, or foetuses...
I only made that comment because I was being pressed. I find the thought of a pregnant woman who doesn't want to have a baby being given no choice in the matter awful. Other than saying that, I agree, it's not my place to get involved.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harbal wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:21 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:59 pm

Of course, you would never have to worry you head about that, but since you insist on being involved then 'fully formed' is when a foetus can survive outside the womb, which is apparently 24 weeks, although the lungs aren't properly formed at that stage and an incubator is required.

I only made that comment because I was being pressed. I find the thought of a pregnant woman who doesn't want to have a baby being given no choice in the matter awful. Other than saying that, I agree, it's not my place to get involved.
I don't put you in the same category as the Henrys and ICs.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Harbal wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:21 pmI only made that comment because I was being pressed.
😳

My apologies...wasn't my intent to press, to have you say things you don't fully stand behind.
Walker

Post by Walker »

John Cornyn, US Senator … politics
https://www.cornyn.senate.gov/content/n ... opposition

The Intent of the Left ... Stopped by the Intent of the Right
May 10, 2022
“This radical pro-abortion bill that Senator Schumer has set for a vote on tomorrow allows for abortions at any point during a woman's pregnancy up until the time of delivery. It does this by prohibiting states from protecting an unborn child's right to life as long as one health care provider signs off that a pregnancy would pose a risk to the woman's physical or mental health.

“This extreme legislation would invalidate all state laws that limit abortions after 20 weeks of gestation. This wouldn't just impact pro-life red states. This change is so radical that it would invalidate existing laws in blue states as well.”

“This bill would also invalidate laws that prevent abortion from being used as a method of sex selection.”

“This bill that the Majority Leader has teed up a vote on tomorrow would also invalidate conscience laws, which protect health care providers who have deeply held objections to abortion. Conscience laws are extremely common in 46 states, allowing individual health care providers to refuse to provide abortion services.”

"As shocking as this legislation is, it's not entirely new. It already failed to pass the Senate once this year. It couldn't even earn the support of all 50 Democratic senators.”

“I simply do not agree that the American people want abortion laws in our country that put us on par with the Chinese Communist Party and North Korea, two of the world's most aggressive human rights abusers.”
- The comments state the protections that The Left, represented by the US Senator from NY, want to remove. (Overturning Roe v Wade does not negate what the Left wants.)

- The Principle in Play Is Protection of Life.
- The same principle was in play when Ukraine gave up its nukes.
- Give up the protection, the effect follows.
- The is why the Second Amendment to the US Constitution exists, and why The Left wants it gone.

Philosophically speaking, should the definition of "fully-formed" be determined by The Left that refuses to define "woman," for political reasons? (The last SCOTUS justice confirmed, a Leftist, refused to define "woman.")

Answer: Outside of Bizarro world, no. Within Bizarro world, of course. Keep in mind that world is in you.

Rationally speaking: slaughtering humans at a particular stage of their development, does not justify slaughtering other humans at a later stage of development.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:40 am
Harbal wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:21 pmI only made that comment because I was being pressed.
😳

My apologies...wasn't my intent to press, to have you say things you don't fully stand behind.
No need to apologise, henry.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Harbal wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 9:12 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:40 am
😳

No need to apologise, henry.
You're right... 👍
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

This is why i believe God has a grey area.
Aborting is wrong every ones moral conscious can feel the wager of the aborting infant, this is agreed.
Though the world we live in is so wicked and chaotic that these things occur within our lives more often than we would ever hope for.
In a world so chaotic and hopeless it may seem one may see that this is the right choice and that a 13 year old schoolgirl getting raped and inpregnated by some 30 year old drunkie on the street should be liable to get an abortion....but, what if,

this is all part of gods mysterious plan??? What if this is something that needs to happen maybe the girl is meant to go through raising a child at this age to experience something greater of a challenge later on in her life?? maybe she is meant to understand the minds of kids brought about in this world by unnecessary means and through unthought out actions?? what if she was meant for so much more through this act of her getting raped and the conceiving a child?

thee things are unknown and vague yet as humans we must have faith to be able to be strong enough to push through these unknown times and become stronger through the challenges we surpass within. this is my state of mind, this is my thinking.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:31 pm This is why i believe God has a grey area.
Aborting is wrong every ones moral conscious can feel the wager of the aborting infant, this is agreed.
Though the world we live in is so wicked and chaotic that these things occur within our lives more often than we would ever hope for.
In a world so chaotic and hopeless it may seem one may see that this is the right choice and that a 13 year old schoolgirl getting raped and inpregnated by some 30 year old drunkie on the street should be liable to get an abortion....but, what if,

this is all part of gods mysterious plan??? What if this is something that needs to happen maybe the girl is meant to go through raising a child at this age to experience something greater of a challenge later on in her life?? maybe she is meant to understand the minds of kids brought about in this world by unnecessary means and through unthought out actions?? what if she was meant for so much more through this act of her getting raped and the conceiving a child?
Seems just as likely that, if she lives in a place where abortion is legal, and she gets one, that we can say it was god's plan for her to get an abortion.

Why favour one hypothetical path over the other? If God plans stuff, I don't think people are likely capable of changing those plans. If someone gets an abortion, God must have planned for it, right? It's all part of god's mysterious plan, right?
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:34 pm
Why favour one hypothetical path over the other? If God plans stuff, I don't think people are likely capable of changing those plans. If someone gets an abortion, God must have planned for it, right? It's all part of god's mysterious plan, right?
God does have a mysterious plan you sir are correct, and all of his plan is filed with love, hate, chaos and destruction. this isn't to say that god is a hypocrite because...well he isn't. its all for some big reason and of course getting an abortion is wrong and I am sure there are a few circumstances that god has needed someone to experience going through an abortion to understand the quality of life maybe? to be enlightened in some way.

These reasons however, true and efficient, do not make the action of Murder and the killing of a human being okay in anyway.

Hitler was part of gods plan, it was devastating and wrong in what Hitler was and accomplished but in the end it was for a reason. doesn't make what he did any less of a giant sin in humanity to slaughter that big mass amounts of people.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:34 pm
You can't have your cake and eat it too my brother. You said abortion was wrong because it interferes with god's plan. Yet you just agreed that nothing any human can do, including Hitler, can thwart god's plans. Therefore, abortion isn't thwarting god's plans, so your reason doesn't hold.
Toppsy Kretts

Post by Toppsy Kretts »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:45 pm
Toppsy Kretts wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:34 pm
You can't have your cake and eat it too my brother. You said abortion was wrong because it interferes with god's plan. Yet you just agreed that nothing any human can do, including Hitler, can thwart god's plans. Therefore, abortion isn't thwarting god's plans, so your reason doesn't hold.
It does hold, here is why.

everybody has a choice, if i chose to kill a baby in the womb then to have it born and risk having hardships and possible complications along the way then to have the baby and watch it grow learn and mature into a human well renowned...this would be Gods plan.

If i was to raise the baby and teach it learnings and wisdom along the years under my care and show how to love and to care and help humans throughout life...this would still be gods plan.

the issue we have here today is acknowledging what we can visualize gods motives being.

how are they justified?
What makes him believe this is okay?

We must take into account that god doesn't see life as a line from left ( past ) to right ( present ). he sees time in a single dot. from the very beginning as if one is looking down the center of a piece of rebar. He sees everything he witnesses everything all at once forever and always.

For us to even try to comprehend has got to be some type of ego risen fear amongst us we have gathered.

My point stands either way. you nor I know what would happen if a baby lived or died. we can guess and make proper assumptions based on deductions and probable reasonings though one cannot truly know. therefore to say without doubt that "This" is wrong is obviously absurd.