Ad-infinitum

How does science work? And what's all this about quantum mechanics?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Ad-infinitum

Post by Walker »

Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:00 pm
Walker wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm - So, the best that this foundation of Western Philosophy can hope to do with the likes of Dattaswammi, is try to cram him, whether he be Bot or Hooman Bean, into the framework of the foundation of this temple where of course, he can be picked at and swept away with an Imperial, doubt-free and thus nonchalant wave of assumptions **.
There's always the Dattaswammi option of engaging in dialogue. There have been a couple of short, not quite on point bursts, so who knows?

There is always the option open to him to go into his experience, how he reached his conclusions. Some phenomenology. I see need for this person to present some proof of deity or the like. There's quite a bit a non-conclusive dialogue could produce of interest.

But I think most people here can use the search function in Amazon or in library catalogues if we want long texts about sort-of Hinduism.
Hey there.

You appear to be examining Dattaswami in his role as ... information disseminator.

That's a good walk of Dattaswami's talk.

I suppose that when knowledge is just exploding out of the noggin, the organic data-bank so to speak, these huge information-laden postings that need to be researched for a more complete understanding are just gonna happen now and then, or forever.

I chalk up the energy required to boundless enthusiasm, or perhaps a persistent clue-gathering program of some sort.

It's a syndrome I personally don't find to be a limitation to transcend, for various reasons which could be taken as insult if one were clever enough to fashion one.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:14 pm
You appear to be examining Dattaswami in his role as ... information disseminator.
Let's address his role as a pain in the arse.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

No wonder Veg has him listed at the top of the list in her General Discussion thread on bots