Winter Is Coming!

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Winter Is Coming!

Post by Dontaskme »

Are you ready to be catapulted out of your comfort zones?

This thread's purpose it to talk about anything and everything that comes to mind right now, currents affairs that are happening on the worlds stage right now..please keep history in the past, it's gone and irrelevent. What's going on right now is all I want to know.

....Right now, I am thinking about ways on how I am going to keep warm this winter...because of the sky-rocketing cost of energy.

And can we just keep ''personality types'' out of this conversation please....thanks in advance.

If this thread does not activate a response within 3 to 4 days...I'm going to delete it.
Dontaskme

Re: Winter Is Coming!

Post by Dontaskme »

Winter is coming means something bad is going to happen.

Does anyone else feel like there is an eerie sense of doom in the air right now in the world?

I don't know, my intuition has never failed me once. It's always right.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

There's always an air of doom in the world :lol:

Anway, winter is nearly over here, thank fuck. It's been raining non stop for 3 months.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:53 am There's always an air of doom in the world :lol:

Anway, winter is nearly over here, thank fuck. It's been raining non stop for 3 months.
Thanks Veg, I can always rely on you for a response. I'm glad to hear you have survived your winter. A lot of rain though nonstop for 3 months...is that normally the norm in NZ? ... I know the country of Ireland and a place called Bergen in Norway have vast amounts of nonstop rainfall.
vegetariantaxidermy

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:58 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:53 am There's always an air of doom in the world :lol:

Thanks Veg, I can always rely on you for a response. I'm glad to hear you have survived your winter. A lot of rain though nonstop for 3 months...is that normally the norm in NZ? ... I know the country of Ireland and a place called Bergen in Norway have vast amounts of nonstop rainfall.
It's the norm now. We used to have nice winters, cold but sunny, but now it's just rain, rain, and more rain.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

but global warming is REAL

pay your taxes

-Imp
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:01 pm Image

pay your taxes

-Imp
:lol:

They ought to make energy bills free, that'll free up more money, make it more available to pump back into the ecomony.

No one should have to freeze to death, or starve to death, in 2022
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:01 pm
It's the norm now. We used to have nice winters, cold but sunny, but now it's just rain, rain, and more rain.
Seems like there is lot of rain falling in some parts of the world, while other parts of the world are suffering from severe drought. It's like there is a strange unbalance occuring.
vegetariantaxidermy

Impenitent wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:01 pm

pay your taxes

-Imp
Yes, it is. Do you have a point?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:55 am ....Right now, I am thinking about ways on how I am going to keep warm this winter...because of the sky-rocketing cost of energy.
Don't worry I stole a dragon off this hot blonde chick that was a total bitch, now that winter is just about over down here I don't mind lending it to ya. I'll make it fly North, it'll need a good feed on the way and I'd prefer it doesn't eat Indonesians (it gets terrible indigestion), so I'll direct it for a diversion over NZ, it loves sheep.

Try and teach it how to make Yorkshire puddings, Brian (yeah, I named him after me) should get the oven to a decent temperature.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Impenitent wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:01 pm Image

pay your taxes

-Imp
It's called Climate Change. Over here in Oz, every winter now, there is loads of snow in places that never used to get snow.

There is the possibility due to changes in ocean current flows affected by increase of fresh water melting from glaciers that we may flip into an ICE AGE.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:15 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:55 am ....Right now, I am thinking about ways on how I am going to keep warm this winter...because of the sky-rocketing cost of energy.
Don't worry I stole a dragon off this hot blonde chick that was a total bitch, now that winter is just about over down here I don't mind lending it to ya. I'll make it fly North, it'll need a good feed on the way and I'd prefer it doesn't eat Indonesians (it gets terrible indigestion), so I'll direct it for a diversion over NZ, it loves sheep.

Try and teach it how to make Yorkshire puddings, Brian (yeah, I named him after me) should get the oven to a decent temperature.
:lol:

Thanks for the giggle.

It's really warmed me up, in a nice snuggly, toastie, cosy cutie sort of way. :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:18 am
It's called Climate Change. Over here in Oz, every winter now, there is loads of snow in places that never used to get snow.

There is the possibility due to changes in ocean current flows affected by increase of fresh water melting from glaciers that we may flip into an ICE AGE.
Urgh!!

I hate enduring earths temperature changes. The constant need to adjust. Oh the torture of being trapped as a feeling sentient organism on earth. It's either too hot, or too cold, or too hot or too cold...I just want goldilocks temperature. Please, can't we just have goldilocks temperature, please, please, pretty please! :roll:

Oh all right then, just fucking kill me. :twisted:

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:18 pm
Impenitent wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 1:01 pm

pay your taxes

-Imp
Yes, it is. Do you have a point?
Global warming is real.

No need to work out a point..
Time to work out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetW6R9Jxs4
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nature at War / The Wrath of Nature.

Europe drought: Low water on Danube river reveals sunken WW2 German warships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSYlQXmb1M0

That evaporated water is now stored in the atmosphere with huge amounts of energy waiting to be released in floods and stormwinds.