There is no Soul - it’s another Christian mythological belief.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: There is no Soul - it’s another Christian mythological belief.

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:31 pm

But I see that you suffer.
And suffer without hope.

I too have suffered and suffer.
I suffer of course, life for a conscious entity is to know the sensation of pain and torment of a living entity. It is to repeatedly watch your loved ones die, or have them watch you die, or watch your pets die, and have them watch you die. What good does 'hope' do when all your life is spent watching other things die, like everything dies, and you are fully aware that the dead never return to you, never never ever, and that all you have of them are memories, that feel like empty blank screens of nothingness, because that's all memories are, that's all life is, just empty memories. Everyday you are losing everything in your life in every moment. Everything you attach to out of love for it, will leave you, or you will leave it. Life for a conscious being is one big stupid losing game from start to finish, nothing ever belonged to you, ever.

What the good is HOPE..what the heck does that even mean....Hope for what?..
What's the point of being alive, just to know you are going to die, and that your entire life meant nothing because you were going to lose it anyway. What's the point in being alive just to watch everything die including yourself, and even worse, to see that some deaths are really long winded, agonising and torturous. I could go on to write a million page book on all the horrific reasons not to be alive, but I haven't got the time right now, so I'll leave it there for now.
bobmax wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:31 pm But now my suffering has a certainty.

Which does not concern myself, but the Good.
And therefore it is universal.

So I can't fail to say that word that could perhaps be of some use..
See, when I hear things like this, which I often do...Jordan Peterson says the same thing.

JP says things like....(Be grateful for your suffering because it's for the greater good) and I'm like, No, why should I have to pay the price of suffering just so that I could maybe experience one minute of goodness. What is goodness anyway, but a fleeting sensation. Am I supposed to be grateful for a fleeting moment of good sensation, like oh I'm feeling so good right now, this is rather pleasurable, and certainly worth all my pain and torture and suffering, just because I have the good grace to be grateful, because if I hadn't have experienced the torture, I would never have gotten to the part of feeling HOPE that things were going to get better, and be better forever, and that suffering will be a thing of the past, and I will never have to experience such pain and suffering ever again...yeah, thank god for that word HOPE.

What!

So where is the universal goodness of humanity today? ...it's obviously just some made-up fantasy like that belief in a ''Soul''
that part of the individual which partakes of divinity and often is considered to survive the death of the body.

Oh well that's alright then, at least we all have a SOUL ...that survives the torture and pain and suffering of being a conscious living organism, oh that's alright then, lets all be fine about being alive then, it's all good, because when my body dies, my ''soul'' survives, and it goes on to live happily ever after.............so just shut up and enjoy your suffering.

..............But live where? where is it? what does it look like? where does a soul reside after the death of it's body? what does the soul feel, what does the soul think, where does the soul exist? how does it exist without a body? does the soul just float around in space saying hey everybody down on earth, look at me, I've got no body to hang out with, aren't I the lucky one?

On my God...this being alive experience is insane.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:18 am

And suffer without hope.

I suffer of course, life for a conscious entity is to know the sensation of pain and torment of a living entity. It is to repeatedly watch your loved ones die, or have them watch you die, or watch your pets die, and have them watch you die. What good does 'hope' do when all your life is spent watching other things die, like everything dies, and you are fully aware that the dead never return to you, never never ever, and that all you have of them are memories, that feel like empty blank screens of nothingness, because that's all memories are, that's all life is, just empty memories. Everyday you are losing everything in your life in every moment. Everything you attach to out of love for it, will leave you, or you will leave it. Life for a conscious being is one big stupid losing game from start to finish, nothing ever belonged to you, ever.
You are definitely right.

This is our reality.
There are those who feel it but try to ignore it by thinking of something else, and there are those who cannot ignore this truth that crushes them like a boulder.

It depends on individual sensitivity and what happens to us.

We don't own anything. What we love flows like sand between our fingers. And there is nothing to be done, it is lost forever.

Maybe we delude ourselves to find it tomorrow in the afterlife, but most likely it is only a self-deception.

If we are honest with ourselves, in the face of the death of the one we love it seems that there are only two possibilities:
1) We can weaken the pathos that destroys us by considering it rationally: this is life and we cannot do anything about it.
2) Abandon ourselves to despair.

But there is actually a third way.

Which consists in standing on the edge of the abyss of death.
Without abandoning ourselves to despair or even weakening the pathos.

Faced with that lifeless body, ask myself: who, what did I love and still love?

Then perhaps that will be an opportunity to transcend.

Only through your love, purifying it of all that love is not, can you hope to overcome the horror of death.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Fair enough, Bob.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:55 am
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:18 am

And suffer without hope.

You are definitely right.

This is our reality.
There are those who feel it but try to ignore it by thinking of something else, and there are those who cannot ignore this truth that crushes them like a boulder.

It depends on individual sensitivity and what happens to us.

We don't own anything. What we love flows like sand between our fingers. And there is nothing to be done, it is lost forever.

Maybe we delude ourselves to find it tomorrow in the afterlife, but most likely it is only a self-deception.

If we are honest with ourselves, in the face of the death of the one we love it seems that there are only two possibilities:
1) We can weaken the pathos that destroys us by considering it rationally:this is life and we cannot do anything about it.
2) Abandon ourselves to despair.

Only through your love, purifying it of all that love is not, can you hope to overcome the horror of death.
Ok well, this is all very well and good, and easier said than practiced. Not sure everyone would agree. Transcendance is not a cure for pain and suffering, for as long as there are sentient feeling organisms, there will always be pain and suffering, no matter how strong one is at ignoring it, as if there is nothing to see here, so everything is just sweet, fine and dandy, so lets keep making more sentient beings, who are capable of feeling pain and suffering, by bringing more children into the world so they too can feel the joy of painful loss, when attachment turns to despair of letting go of what you love knowing you'll never have that love back. Then there's the joyful bliss of physical pain and torture to look forward to, that's always worth being born for, and not forgetting the unimaginable financial struggles, and strifes and stresses, because without money we are nothing more than gutter rats..so lets throw those wonderful experiences in as well, just for good measure, I mean it's all so worth it, it's just a small price to pay really isn't it.

But not sure about the horror of death, maybe the horror of attachment yes. It's attachment that hurts, to grow attached to things, only to watch them leave, for good, never to be seen again..ever. To me, that's just a painfully pointless and dumb game to play, when you do not have to. We do not have to bring children into this world already knowing the pain and price that comes with being a living sentient feeling organism.

Personally, I wouldn't choose to be born ever again...knowing what I know now, I wouldn't wish this conscious sentient life on my worst enemy. The main thing is..if we know we are alive, and what it means to be alive, then we can do something about it, we can stop imposing it by making it continue.

Do you think it's ok to just say....(''this is life and we cannot do anything about it.'') when maybe, if not certainly we can do something about it. That's like saying, life's hard, and there's nothing you can do about that, it's just life. Well how about not imposing a ''hard life'' on other people who never get to make up their own mind about whether they think it is ok or not?

Just because someone believes an idea that is a SOUL exists for real...does not give them the authority to think it's ok to be alive, just because they have made up these fabricated ideas about what being ALIVE actually means, so it's ok to think that others will agree with that...it doesn't work like that, just because someone say's life is sacred and precious, doesn't mean other people will think like that, there are many people in the world who hate being alive.

My point is, if we know the agony and pain of attachment, why do we think it is ok to impose it on others who have no need or desire for it...these needs are the desire of the living...never the unborn.

Death is not a horror to me personally, death to me is the good place as far as I'm concerned, the unborn and the ones who have lived but are now dead are the lucky ones, in my opinion.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

But when someone you love dies, you may well not be in the mood for launching into melodrama.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:35 pm

But when someone you love dies, you may well not be in the mood for launching into melodrama.
:lol:

You'd have to laugh, else you'd cry a million rivers.

Life is a horror, full stop.

But it's ok nothing to see here, Jesus makes everything seem like chocolate fudge cake.