True Story of the Day

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

promethean75

Re: True Story of the Day

Post by promethean75 »

Like if u came walking into the back yard from the right side of the house (facing back orientation) and wanted to get to the door steps, you'd have to swing a very wide left to circle back in around the new stairs and get to the door.

If u hung a hard right at the corner of the house and trydta walk straight to the door, you'd have to dodge one or two posts to get to those steps.

Post by Age »

A true story of the day, in the days when this was being written, which is in the days when adult human beings had evolved into being their most greedy and selfish beings, is that here in this thread we have a prime example of greediness, selfishness, and capitalism.

This forum was started with the idea or intent of having 'philosophical discussions', which meant a lot of different things to different people. However, to some anyway, this forum had become a way and source for one to 'talk about' their 'money making' capitalist enterprises, as well as use the posters of the forum here for advice in how that one human being out of over eight billion human beings on earth could 'capitalize in on', and thus make 'more money' for itself by building a few steps on just one of over two building houses in the world.

This here is a prime example of greed, selfishness, and 'capitalism', itself.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:48 am Like if u came walking into the back yard from the right side of the house (facing back orientation) and wanted to get to the door steps, you'd have to swing a very wide left to circle back in around the new stairs and get to the door.

If u hung a hard right at the corner of the house and trydta walk straight to the door, you'd have to dodge one or two posts to get to those steps.
That depends how long you'd expand the walkway above, or the mid-deck platform.

Also, you could adjust the stairs/rail coming out of the backdoor if you wanted more work/dollar-value, or to connect the stairs up and down.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:38 am That depends how long you'd expand the walkway above, or the mid-deck platform.

Also, you could adjust the stairs/rail coming out of the backdoor if you wanted more work/dollar-value, or to connect the stairs up and down.
I was thinking the exact same thing, Wiz.. change the trajectory of that backdoor staircase from perpendicular to right-exiting into the garden, otherwise there would be too many trajectories for a clean aesthetic, then Prom could go for one of his 'desired' initial choices.

@Prom, you could repurpose the stairs and just move the stairs to the right of the landing.. both upper and lower stairs then projecting in unison, to the right.

IMG_2891.jpeg
IMG_2891.jpeg (74.46 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

U can't bring the upper landing out past the window tho. The post at the top of the landing would be in front of the glass. So if u stop it right at the window instead (to avoid that), it puts your landing posts around that X and we're tryna avoid that too.

1000001342.jpg
1000001342.jpg (51.18 KiB) Viewed 1479 times
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

This dude just wants stairs... not a deck extension. So we have to go with the most cost effective option. He's not gonna want to have a 40 sq ft landing added at the top just for a set of stairs. The top landing has to be only big enough to drop some stairs from. About 4' by 4'. 16 sq feet.
MagsJ

Post by MagsJ »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:11 pm This dude just wants stairs... not a deck extension. So we have to go with the most cost effective option. He's not gonna want to have a 40 sq ft landing added at the top just for a set of stairs. The top landing has to be only big enough to drop some stairs from. About 4' by 4'. 16 sq feet.
Who said anything about a deck extension, apart from you? ..the stairs are simply added to the back/protruding part of the already-existing top deck, and then out to the right.. the same as the lower staircase would then be too.

No?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:04 pm U can't bring the upper landing out past the window tho. The post at the top of the landing would be in front of the glass. So if u stop it right at the window instead (to avoid that), it puts your landing posts around that X and we're tryna avoid that too.

1000001342.jpg
You don't need a rail along the house wall; you can exclude that direction.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

My dude. The 4x4 post at the top of the steps railing would stick up in front of the window unless you brought the top landing out to the right side of that window... but by then you'd be building a 60 sq ft extension instead of a simple landing.

Material and labor would be higher. This dude is on a budget and duddint want anything fancy. Just the shortest possible distance down from that tall-ass goofy-ass deck.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:04 pm
attofishpi wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:30 pmC now the awful thing about entropy where intelligent minds exist is that eventually those intelligent minds real eyes they need to createinstigate a system and a set of rules where all have their memories wiped and are subject to said system.

That then their "moral compass" is used per whether they get to exist again, human, animal etc.. as resources diminish....within said system.

WELL AT LEAST THEY WERE WARNED AND GIVEN SOME COMMANDMENTS. :twisted:
wut?

Can you rephrase, autofishy?
My analysis of experiences since 1997 confirms to me that there is an intelligence behind the construct to our perceivable reality - it's..

Either:-
1. God is divine and constructs our reality in real-time.

2. 'God' is A.I. - Artificial Intelligence - that we have evolved into a simulation (see simulation hypothesis) ..again, our reality is constructed in real-time.
NB. The reason we would evolve into a simulation is to conserve resources as entropy increases.

3. but, then it could also be this:- God is a combination of the above.

So my post you are quizzing is point 2. of the consideration. That we have evolved into a simulation, that our consciousness is within a system that constructs our reality indiscernible from the original reality. That "God" is a man made AI system that provides the simulated reality to our consciousness. This "God" judges by way of our choices as to whether we reincarnate through time of said system.

In regards to entropy, the reason being that our consciousness existing within a simulation is far more efficient than actually having the mass of our human body to move around and feed. So it is inevitable when local resources diminish to such an extent that we would evolve into a super efficient state.

Personally I am sticking on point 1. or 3. ..however I would not be suprised if point 2. is IT.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

promethean75 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:00 am My dude. The 4x4 post at the top of the steps railing would stick up in front of the window unless you brought the top landing out to the right side of that window... but by then you'd be building a 60 sq ft extension instead of a simple landing.

Material and labor would be higher. This dude is on a budget and duddint want anything fancy. Just the shortest possible distance down from that tall-ass goofy-ass deck.
The 4x4 doesn't need to touch the window at all. You can even move the posts back toward the deck and clear the window entirely.

Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:15 amMy analysis of experiences since 1997 confirms to me that there is an intelligence behind the construct to our perceivable reality - it's..

Either:-
1. God is divine and constructs our reality in real-time.

2. 'God' is A.I. - Artificial Intelligence - that we have evolved into a simulation (see simulation hypothesis) ..again, our reality is constructed in real-time.
NB. The reason we would evolve into a simulation is to conserve resources as entropy increases.

3. but, then it could also be this:- God is a combination of the above.

So my post you are quizzing is point 2. of the consideration. That we have evolved into a simulation, that our consciousness is within a system that constructs our reality indiscernible from the original reality. That "God" is a man made AI system that provides the simulated reality to our consciousness. This "God" judges by way of our choices as to whether we reincarnate through time of said system.

In regards to entropy, the reason being that our consciousness existing within a simulation is far more efficient than actually having the mass of our human body to move around and feed. So it is inevitable when local resources diminish to such an extent that we would evolve into a super efficient state.

Personally I am sticking on point 1. or 3. ..however I would not be suprised if point 2. is IT.
The reason that you or anybody feels that Consciousness is a Simulation/Simulacra is...because it is. I understand your rationalization of reality. I don't see anything wrong with how you're interpreting Entropy, from that premise. It doesn't make any logical sense for Entropy to be a 'negative' force affecting the entire Universe/Existence, let alone "equally".
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

promethean75 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:38 pm1000001318.jpg
Or this:

There doesn't need to be a rail along the house siding, right?

promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

He don't want a post right beside the door steps bro I'm tryna tell u. And he ain't tryna pay to have the door steps reappropriated.

Also, those steps would land like five futher than your pic. Code won't let your stair riser be more than 7 inches. That being the case, the run has to be much more gradual than the stairs in your pic. Longer stringers and more steps. Not steeper stairs and less steps.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

In the year 2105 when the war to legalize beastiality is being waged by the Left and animals are given legal rights to safeguard their welfare, etc., the big argument against it will be that the animal hasn't granted its consent to the sexual act.

Here's what beastiality proponents will counter with: well they don't give their consent to be slaughtered and eaten and u still do that, doncha?