One of the Big Pragmatic Questions

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Gary Childress

One of the Big Pragmatic Questions

Post by Gary Childress »

This comment from one of American Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's staff members seems pretty damning of Israel (and by extension many human beings within that state). What are these "Europeans" in Israel supposed to do? Should they pack up and return to Europe? Or is it realistic for them to open up their society in the Middle East to more equal participation of Palestinians, Muslims, or other ethnicities within it? I mean, Israel was more or less founded as a "safe place" for Jews and, given the history of Jews, it sounds like maybe they need one. Heck, given the history of many different peoples (and it's not just Europeans who have engaged in genocide), probably a lot of groups out there could use a "safe place" for themselves. I don't know.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/oc ... hp&pc=U531

What are others' thoughts on this?
promethean75

Re: One of the Big Pragmatic Questions

Post by promethean75 »

I mean shit man how much pity and compassion can one have for a geopolitical war that has been going on in the middle east for centuries because of ridiculous religious and ethnic conflicts? As tragic as it is for ordinary folks both Jewish and Arabic, the whole mess is so silly it's difficult for me to take it seriously.

But if you ax me (and you did), the conflict was greatly augmented by the Balfour declaration... something less about giving a shit about the Jewish people and more about snatching some land from the Arabs to set up a base state in the middle east so the capitalist/imperialist parasites could be closer to the oil reserves there. Here try this one... and connect the dots yourself....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.global ... oil/%3famp

And don't think I've got something against Jewish people cuz I don't. In fact I'd take a Jewish princess in a hot minute if she'd have me.