American Marxism

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: American Marxism

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:49 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:20 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:57 pm No. I've known about the video for years. Watch it or don't.
I watched it. Sea level rise? Really? You know that panicky nonsense has been floated before, don't you?
Nice well thought out refutation.
Thank you. I would say it was worthy of the subject matter, for sure.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:53 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:20 pm
I watched it. Sea level rise? Really? You know that panicky nonsense has been floated before, don't you?
If anyone deserves a trip to hell, it would be you. You lie, mislead and obfuscate. We can perhaps assume that the god "Yahweh" is the "lord", however. One would tend to believe that a God of floods, earthquakes, plagues, telling followers to sacrifice their children or to murder entire communities to the last woman and child would approve. I'll die an "atheist" before I worship that monster. I think you have Satan and God reversed. Buzz off, monster worshiper!
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:58 pm
If anyone deserves a trip to hell, it would be you. You lie, mislead and obfuscate.
So....the guy who wants the scientific data is the "liar" and "obfuscator," and the guy who doesn't have the data is the good guy. :?

Strangely, I don't want you to go to Hell, but you want me to, it seems...top of your list, "if anybody deserves it." :?

I wonder why this climate religion is so core to your being that you would actually wish somebody to Hell even for questioning it on a rational and scientific-data sort of basis... :?

And they say "religious" people can be fanatical. Ironic, much?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:08 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:58 pm
If anyone deserves a trip to hell, it would be you. You lie, mislead and obfuscate.
So....the guy who wants the scientific data is the "liar" and "obfuscator," and the guy who doesn't have the data is the good guy. :?

Strangely, I don't want you to go to Hell, but you want me to, it seems...top of your list, "if anybody deserves it." :?

I wonder why this climate religion is so core to your being that you would actually wish somebody to Hell even for questioning it on a rational and scientific-data sort of basis... :?

And they say "religious" people can be fanatical. Ironic, much?
No. I'm not being ironic. I've spent my entire life as an outsider in a predominately "Christian" culture. You all labeled me "mentally ill" when a Christian fundie who was my "boss" fucked with my head at work trying to scare me with his fire and brimstone fundamentalism. The psychiatrist (who was a Jew if I remember correctly) labeled me "schizophrenic", hospitalized me, and drugged me. I had no intent to harm anyone. I was too afraid of my own shadow. I've lived with that trauma and alienation ever since. You all worship a demon god as far as I'm concerned. Your god condones and even perpetrates violence and death upon those it's supposed to have created. I will never worship a god like that.

I'm tired of living like a leper while hypocrites who call themselves "well-adjusted" frolic around wreaking destruction on the world in the name of a "benevolent" God who constantly "forgives" them and also creates misery. I hope you all get what you deserve. I'll finish out my life however it ends. However, if you all go to heaven, then fuck God too.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:37 pm I've spent my entire life as an outsider in a predominately "Christian" culture.
A "Christian" culture? Where on earth did you find that? Are living in Quaker Pennsylvania?
You all labeled me "mentally ill"

I did no such thing, Gary. I'm not sure who these "all" are. I never met them.
The psychiatrist (who was a Jew if I remember correctly) labeled me "schizophrenic", hospitalized me, and drugged me.

I can't speak for him, but a lot of medical professionals are Jewish, so that's possible. Was he intending you harm? Or do you just feel he misdiagnosed you?

You're maybe not being the most balanced in your assessment, Gary. I'm not your doctor. Nor have I acted as such. Nor do I have anything to do with what you've experienced. So I think you're firing in the wrong direction. It's unrealistic to suppose that just because somebody "normal" once labelled you, that that's what the whole world wants to do, or that they're somehow complicit in it.

The world has other things to think about, and I think you'll find that most people of the world spend little in any time assessing your case. I have some limited knowledge of you, and even I haven't done it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:07 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:03 am You're clueless and dangerous for it.
:D The guy who wants to see the science, me, is "dangerous"?

And the guy who believes in "science" he's never seen and doesn't know anything about, you, is the guy to tell him how "dangerous" he is? :lol:

Lovely, Gary. With thinking like that...well, I don't know what I can tell you.
Christians like you are a blight on the progress of humanity
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:37 pm The psychiatrist (who was a Jew if I remember correctly) labeled me "schizophrenic", hospitalized me, and drugged me.
Why do you think it is important to mention that he was Jewish?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:49 pm Christians like you are a blight on the progress of humanity
:D You're just a ray of sunshine.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:51 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:37 pm The psychiatrist (who was a Jew if I remember correctly) labeled me "schizophrenic", hospitalized me, and drugged me.
Because he's another follower of Yahweh. The whole lot of Abrahamic fanatics do as much harm as anyone else. George W. Bush was supposedly a protestant. Probably goes to Church just to demonstrate how "devout" he is. How "Christian" of him to invade two countries resulting in countless deaths and the obliteration of political stability in half the world. God's followers at work.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:24 pm
Because he's another follower of Yahweh.
Not all Jewish people are religious, and as I said, it's not even clear whether he meant you any harm, is it? Psychiatric medicine is incredibly complex and hard to predict, as you know; are you so sure he didn't think he was helping you?

But even if he were malevolent, what's the reason you think you should blame YHWH for what happens to you? Don't you think people have a role in that? You must, because you blame the doctor. But if it's the doctor's fault, how do you connect that to YHWH?

You're not adding it up, Gary.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:42 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:24 pm

Because he's another follower of Yahweh.
Not all Jewish people are religious, and as I said, it's not even clear whether he meant you any harm, is it? Psychiatric medicine is incredibly complex and hard to predict, as you know; are you so sure he didn't think he was helping you?

But even if he were malevolent, what's the reason you think you should blame YHWH for what happens to you? Don't you think people have a role in that? You must, because you blame the doctor. But if it's the doctor's fault, how do you connect that to YHWH?

You're not adding it up, Gary.
Every one of us in this world does harm, Abrahamic followers no less than anyone else. Everything that lives in this world lives at the expense of something else that is alive, save for a plant that doesn't happen to compete with another plant for sunlight or nutrients. I've said it repeatedly and everyone else seems to forget or is else unable to connect the dots to fully understand the ramifications. This world is a dungeon and the creator of it is a monster. That's my final word on the matter. Think whatever you want.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:49 pm
Sculptor wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 7:49 pm Christians like you are a blight on the progress of humanity
Yes I am. Shining light into the darkness that is the foul demesne of religious thinking. Whilst the religious might not benefit at least others can observe the religious denizens scuttling away from the brightness, shading their eyes in the darkness avoiding the truth, like vampires at dawn.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:43 pm This world is a dungeon and the creator of it is a monster. That's my final word on the matter. Think whatever you want.
So you're angry because the God you hate, insult and spit at isn't on your side? Very clever. Let's see how that kind of thinking works out for you.

And let's see who gets the final word.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:20 am
Yes I am.
Not very good at irony, though. :wink:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:57 am
Sculptor wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:20 am
Yes I am.
Not very good at irony, though. :wink:
I am very good at irony, as you can see.
It's one of my many sunbeams.