Moderators: AMod, iMod

Atla

Re: the "no true Scotsman" problem solved

Post by Atla »

Trajk Logik wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:55 pm
Atla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:37 pm
Trajk Logik wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:27 pm

1. Asshole!

Hmmmm. I fail to see how this is an example of the NTS fallacy. It doesn't look anything like a NTS fallacy. It appears that you have no idea what the NTS fallacy is and you want to "educate" others on what it is. :roll:

Wouldn't a proper example of the NTS fallacy be like this:

1. Only assholes make fart noises

2. You can make fart noises with your mouth

3. Only true assholes make fart noises

Is this a NTS fallacy? Is it not in the form of a NTS fallacy? If it isn't an example of NTS, then why? If it is an example of NTS, why?

And then there's what you said about someone taking the scribble, or the sound, "asshole!" apart. Well, how do you even know what the sound coming from their mouth means if there isn't some reasoning going on in your head?

If someone yells, "Zadnitsa!" (Russian for asshole), how would you go about determining if they are just making noises, or actually saying something?
It wasn't an example of the NTS fallacy. Nor was I talking about taking the sound apart.
Then I have no idea what point you were trying to make if you weren't giving an example of a NTS fallacy that I was trying to "take apart".
Atla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:37 pm Please. At this point I'm begging you. I'm on my knees begging.
PLEASE tell me you're trolling, you just suck at it hard. Because if you're saying these things for real, I don't know if I can bear it.
I was asking questions. Maybe I'm just asking the wrong person.
So it's for real?
Noo not this again. Atla is tilting. Error. But it seems to speak in fairly fluent sentences. It seems to interact, it seems to try. It looks like it's trying to make sense. But it makes no sense at all. This again. Do not understand. Is it functional? What is happening? What is this place where am I what's going on what is it what am I why is it happening do not underst-
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Atla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:25 pm It's like someone says: "asshole!"

And someone else comes along, and tries to logically take that apart, dead seriously.
Hear me out .... I think you were too subtle for him there. This guy has genuine issues picking up on subtext.
Atla

Post by Atla »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:02 pm

And someone else comes along, and tries to logically take that apart, dead seriously.
Hear me out .... I think you were too subtle for him there. This guy has genuine issues picking up on subtext.
I can't be more direct than that :(
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Atla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:16 pm
FlashDangerpants wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:02 pm

I can't be more direct than that :(
I think you’ve expressed it well. If TL doesn’t get it then that’s on him. Probably the best thing to do is just disengage.
Atla

Post by Atla »

commonsense wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:54 pm I think you’ve expressed it well. If TL doesn’t get it then that’s on him. Probably the best thing to do is just disengage.
One minute of silence for those among us who so desperately try to fit in but cannot, because the world expects them to make sense but they just cannot make sense.
A lonely existence, so sad. Blessed be the poor souls.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote="Trajk Logik" post_id=683645 time=1702043039 user_id=12607]
[quote=commonsense post_id=683472 time=1701963137 user_id=14610]
[quote="Trajk Logik" post_id=683445 time=1701957359 user_id=12607]
What is a Jew? Seems like there are two possible definitions, neither of which contradicts the other:

1: a person belonging to a continuation through descent or conversion of the ancient Jewish people
2: one whose religion is Judaism
[/quote]

A Jew is the offspring of a Jewish mother.
[/quote]
You definition is just a re-phrasing of the first definition but it does make me re-think the definition as we would need to understand what makes the mother Jewish. You might say, "well her mother was Jewish", but that doesn't really answer the question of what it means to be Jewish. The question we would need answered is, "Who was the first Jewish person and what makes them Jewish?" The answer would probably be definition #2. So one might say that both definitions together define what it is to be Jewish.
[/quote]

It's the blood of the House of Abraham.
Trajk Logik

Post by Trajk Logik »

Atla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:37 pm
Atla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:37 pm
It wasn't an example of the NTS fallacy. Nor was I talking about taking the sound apart.
Then I have no idea what point you were trying to make if you weren't giving an example of a NTS fallacy that I was trying to "take apart".
Atla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:37 pm Please. At this point I'm begging you. I'm on my knees begging.
PLEASE tell me you're trolling, you just suck at it hard. Because if you're saying these things for real, I don't know if I can bear it.
So it's for real?
Noo not this again. Atla is tilting. Error. But it seems to speak in fairly fluent sentences. It seems to interact, it seems to try. It looks like it's trying to make sense. But it makes no sense at all. This again. Do not understand. Is it functional? What is happening? What is this place where am I what's going on what is it what am I why is it happening do not underst-
Well, there you have it folks. Not knowing what is real and seeing everyone as trolls is a primary symptom of delusional disorder.
Atla

Post by Atla »

Trajk Logik wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:40 pm
Atla wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:37 pm

So it's for real?
Well, there you have it folks. Not knowing what is real and seeing everyone as trolls is a primary symptom of delusional disorder.
I was merely trying to save you, giving you the benefit of the doubt :)