Re: SELF

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:28 am
Agent Smith wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:09 am
waechter418 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 pm in other words: LoveThySelf
Si, si! 8)
There is no self to love.
Is that 'self' ABSOLUTELY SURE?
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:28 am Love is another word for unconditional.
Are 'you' ABSOLUTELY SURE of this?

These two DIFFERENT words have two VERY DIFFERENT meanings.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:28 am Unconditional is life free to be, life is everything all at once, including the freedom to hate, and kill. Or the freedom to love and nurture.

The idea of a self is reflexive action. It's everything reacting only to itself, there is no individual self there.
So, to 'you', the INDIVIDUAL here KNOWN as "dontaskme", there is NO OTHER INDIVIDUAL 'self', and thus there is ONLY One, and One ONLY, view, thought, and thinking here, correct?
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

waechter418 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:51 pm in other words: LoveThySelf
Si, si! 8)

Love is another word for unconditional.

Unconditional is life free to be, life is everything all at once, including the freedom to hate, and kill. Or the freedom to love and nurture.

The idea of a self is reflexive action. It's everything reacting only to itself, there is no individual self there.
That's an intriguing path you've chosen to walk down. Hats off ta ya.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Agent Smith wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:55 am

Si, si! 8)

Unconditional is life free to be, life is everything all at once, including the freedom to hate, and kill. Or the freedom to love and nurture.

To be honest, all I can say is that I didn't choose to walk this path. This path I am apparently walking is actually walking me. I am being walked, I'm not the one walking.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:18 am

To be honest, all I can say is that I didn't choose to walk this path. This path I am apparently walking is actually walking me. I am being walked, I'm not the one walking.
No problemo!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Agent Smith wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:23 pm

No problemo!
Liquid minds do not waste time getting all tangled and caught up in the eddies, they effortlessly flow around merging always with the path of least resistance. No problem at all. :mrgreen:
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:24 pm

No problemo!
Liquid minds do not waste time getting all tangled and caught up in the eddies, they effortlessly flow around merging always with the path of least resistance. No problem at all. :mrgreen:
You've got it! It does make sense, don't it? How doess it feel? Nothing ever makes sense to me. Waaaah! Boo hoo! 😊
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:53 am

No problemo!
You've got it! It does make sense, don't it? How doess it feel? Nothing ever makes sense to me. Waaaah! Boo hoo! 😊
Nothing makes sense. :mrgreen: 👍 However, we will endeavour to make some out of nothing. :)
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:32 am
Agent Smith wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:53 am

Nothing makes sense. :mrgreen: 👍 However, we will endeavour to make some out of nothing. :)
Again, ye've hit the nail on the head! That's the spirit!! Praise the lord that we've got peeps like ye!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

There is no self, there is only essence, and it is common to all life forms. The illusion of self is the compound experiences of essence.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=waechter418 post_id=467840 time=1598290505 user_id=11169]
There are various interpretations of Self; for example: there is the Self of Ego, the Self called Soul, the Hindu Atman and a universal Self.
Whatever the theories – Self is the core and in a certain way the coordinate of every human being.
Possibly due to the difficulties of defining Self, the relationship with its beholder gets sometimes stressed – even so far, that latter doubts the presence of prior.
But Self is vital, as it knows the true nature and needs of its beholder and thus becomes particular important when turmoil and confusion threaten its physical & mental wellbeing.
There are many unification teachings, but most of them focus on a higher instead on a common Self, despite that we are selfish creatures and thus foremost interested in our own troubles, and who is more qualified to handle them but Self.
[/quote]

Self is the story we tell ourselves about how we fit into the world and society. It is centered in the unique embodied perspective on the universe we each have
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=popeye1945 post_id=635773 time=1681607702 user_id=21999]
There is no self, there is only essence, and it is common to all life forms. The illusion of self is the compound experiences of essence.
[/quote]

Self is no illusion. It continuously replicates, which is Truth for all intents and purposes - the furthest thing from illusion.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Dontaskme post_id=629503 time=1678789138 user_id=12017]
This path I am apparently walking is actually walking me. I am being walked, I'm not the one walking.
[/quote]

You are the rider on the elephant.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Advocate wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:24 am
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:15 am There is no self, there is only essence, and it is common to all life forms. The illusion of self is the compound experiences of essence.
Self is no illusion. It continuously replicates, which is Truth for all intents and purposes - the furthest thing from illusion.
What replicates is essence common to all organisms, in other words the only difference between organisms is structure and form not essence. When an organism is born it has no identity, it only formulates a said identity through its experiences of context/environment, these experiences are meanings relative to its biological constitutions'/structure and form of its essence. PS; What is elephant riding?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=popeye1945 post_id=635787 time=1681617141 user_id=21999]
[quote=Advocate post_id=635781 time=1681615456 user_id=15238]
[quote=popeye1945 post_id=635773 time=1681607702 user_id=21999]
[/quote]

[/quote]

What replicates is essence common to all organisms, in other words the only difference between organisms is structure and form not essence. When an organism is born it has no identity, it only formulates a said identity through its experiences of context/environment, these experiences are meanings relative to its biological constitutions'/structure and form of its essence. PS; What is elephant riding?
[/quote]

A person so has a self before they recognize it as such, memory loss aside,, because they have a unique embodied perspective which centers all of their experience. That internal map of external reality is as much an aspect of self as more chosen aspects.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Advocate wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:13 am
popeye1945 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:52 am
Advocate wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:24 am Self is no illusion. It continuously replicates, which is Truth for all intents and purposes - the furthest thing from illusion.
A person so has a self before they recognize it as such, memory loss aside,, because they have a unique embodied perspective which centers all of their experience. That internal map of external reality is as much an aspect of self as more chosen aspects.
What brings on the recognition if not the context/environment that it is born into? An organism that comes into this world imprints on the first organism in its context identifying with it. Structure and form indeed determine largely the niche an organism is precondition to inhabit but that was determined over eons of generations subjected to evolutionary adaptation. As I stated earlier, the essence of all organisms is one and the same, they differ only in structure, form and the niche occupied, and as the saying goes, context defines, as the giver of identity.