Fake News about Fake Flu

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Arising_uk

Re: Fake News about Fake Flu

Post by Arising_uk »

Dontaskme wrote:The ''who'' question is a conceptual trap no one is caught in, ...
Apart from you who uses it?
for concepts have no concept of themselves, except as imagined stories, NO ONE EVER WRIT. ...
you do know that stories have authors don't you?
How many more times would you like this merry melody looney tune FACT repeated to you?
You appear to not understand what a 'FACT' is?
Oh dear, still struggling with this ARTIFICIAL concept I see. No worries, you are not alone. ...
:lol: 'artificial concept'.
Thereby showing a complete lack of understanding of the very subject that is the poster upon a site like this. ...
Can you say this in comprehensible English?
You are the poster child for LOON Image
Nope, I'm a poster child for the subject called Philosophy, something you appear to have not bothered to read.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:It's not really up to you to decide what defines 'philosophy'. ...
But I'm not defining it, I'm telling you what Philosophy has defined a philosophy as.
This forum is definitely 'philosophical'. ...
It has its moments.
Try arguing about anything on social media and you get jumped on by a (faux)enraged mob of virtue-signalling imbeciles. ...
I'll have to take your word for it as I don't bother with such stuff.
I actually admire your calm, unflappable demeanour (even though your infuriating PCness frequently pisses me off).
Funny, I just consider myself more liberal than you. I think the issue may be one of age as I grew-up when 'PC' did not exist and would very much prefer not to return to such a time. Whereas I guess you grew up with 'PC' and Social Media and so have met or conversed with those you call 'PC'. I do have a very old friend who is a professor at Melbourne Arts and he does regal me with tales about those you appear to despise so I have no doubt you may have a case but upon this forum I think your filter is askew as I am far from the PC you describe or so my daughter and her friends tell me and think this applies to many here whom you have hurled your invective at but I think maybe I'm a touch blinded by my experiences of the world when it was non-PC as often when I read you I hear a sound from the past that I don't like. I also, at times, think you no different than those your rail against when you hurl your epithets, just two sides of the same modern coin, illiberal. But like I say could be my mote.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote:It's not really up to you to decide what defines 'philosophy'. ...
But I'm not defining it, I'm telling you what Philosophy has defined a philosophy as.
This forum is definitely 'philosophical'. ...
It has its moments.
Try arguing about anything on social media and you get jumped on by a (faux)enraged mob of virtue-signalling imbeciles. ...
I'll have to take your word for it as I don't bother with such stuff.
I actually admire your calm, unflappable demeanour (even though your infuriating PCness frequently pisses me off).
Funny, I just consider myself more liberal than you. I think the issue may be one of age as I grew-up when 'PC' did not exist and would very much prefer not to return to such a time. Whereas I guess you grew up with 'PC' and Social Media and so have met or conversed with those you call 'PC'. I do have a very old friend who is a professor at Melbourne Arts and he does regal me with tales about those you appear to despise so I have no doubt you may have a case but upon this forum I think your filter is askew as I am far from the PC you describe or so my daughter and her friends tell me and think this applies to many here whom you have hurled your invective at but I think maybe I'm a touch blinded by my experiences of the world when it was non-PC as often when I read you I hear a sound from the past that I don't like. I also, at times, think you no different than those your rail against when you hurl your epithets, just two sides of the same modern coin, illiberal. But like I say could be my mote.
You couldn't be more wrong about me. I've always been liberal. I always vote 'left' too. But unfortunately people insist on using the wrong words, so 'liberal' is now meaningless. People think PC is a synonym for 'left wing' or worse, 'liberal', which is bullshit. PC is a radical sub-group of the so-called 'left'. It's just as stupid to say that dogs are mammals, therefore all mammals are dogs.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Arising_uk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:59 am you do know that stories have authors don't you?
The ''author'' is part and parcel, all inclusive of the story.

So this statement is just more conceptual traps.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:31 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:59 am you do know that stories have authors don't you?

Watch your grammar.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

commonsense wrote: Watch your grammar.
"Spelling" would gave been a better word.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Watch your grammar.
More concepts.
Impenitent

Flattening the curve

Post by Impenitent »

https://www.wsj.com/articles/flatten-th ... 1585067354

and I thought Hefner did it with the first centerfold...

-Imp
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:49 pm
Arising_uk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:59 am you [sic] do know that stories have authors, don't you?
The ''author''[sic] is part and parcel, all inclusive of the story.

So,this statement is just more conceptual traps.
There are punctuation errors, including missed commas and improper quotation marks. There is also an incorrect noun and verb correlation.

I am blind in respect to spelling errors.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:02 pm
There are punctuation errors, including missed commas and improper quotation marks. There is also an incorrect noun and verb correlation.

All much ado about nothing.

Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:27 pm
commonsense wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:02 pm

All much ado about nothing.

Scientists must remember to exercise care with the decimal point.

The same experts who said that 500,000 will die from coronavirus in England have revised the estimate to 5,000.

Sounds like with all the scientific guessing going on, some genius put the decimal point in the wrong place.

Second-guessers* take note. Fertile ground.

aka: hindsighters fashioning a political attack narrative.