5G

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: 5G

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:46 am
Age wrote:
And you OBVIOUSLY deflecting from the OBVIOUS fact that IF you REALLY wanted to KNOW some thing you WOULD just say what IT was
Saying NOTHING shows me anyway that you REALLY are NOT interested in KNOWING any thing here
You said PROVING what IS actual True and Real can be done also so easily but you did not say what it was that was true and real now
I did NOT know that I somehow was MEANT TO and HAD TO.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:46 amSo how can I ask you specifically what it is [ less there is only one thing that is true and real ] when you are not actually being specific
Have 'you' EVER heard me suggest any thing like; Asking clarifying questions, BEFORE ASSUMING absolutely any thing, helps in discovering and revealing the actual Truth of things?

Also, have you EVER noticed, through my actions and behaviors, I like to ask clarifying questions BEFORE I ASSUME absolutely any thing? This way helps me in discovering and learning what the actual Truth IS.

Now, if 'you' have heard me say some thing like that before and/or noticed that I regularly ask clarifying questions BEFORE I ASSUME any thing, then I suggest if 'you' did NOT know EXACTLY what it was that I was talking about, then just asking me a clarifying question, in the beginning, BEFORE 'you' ASSUMED any thing, then the Truth of things here could have been CLEARED up well BEFORE now, when I write this.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:46 amWere I not interested then I would not have bothered to actually ask you a question at all
If 'you' were REALLY interested, then 'you' would have bothered to actually ask a very specific question.

And you do not know what anyone else is thinking when they are reading your words unless they tell you so saying that I am not interested could be wrong you know .

The VERY REASON WHY I ask so many specific clarifying questions is because I ALREADY KNOW that I do NOT know, FOR SURE, what the thoughts are within another body. And, I ALREADY KNOW that the best, quickest, and only Truest way to KNOW, FOR SURE, the thinking within another body is to wait for them to be expressed.

Besides that ALREADY OBVIOUSLY KNOWN FACT, I am some times actually able to TELL the thoughts within a human body. I can KNOW because of the way the body is behaving. Now, OBVIOUSLY I could be completely WRONG or partly wrong, so that is WHY I NEVER like to ASSUME I am right, so, once again, I ask clarifying questions for the very purpose of KNOWING, FOR SURE, what thee Truth IS. I await for this to be forthcoming.

So, from the behaviors of that body, which is EVIDENCE by the words written under the name "surreptitious57", I SEE some one who REALLY is NOT that interested at all in having PROVED what IS actually True and Real.

Now, the future words that appear under the label "surreptitious57" will REVEAL just how much or how little interest there REALLY IS.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:46 amSometimes I agree with what you are saying but do not say so so saying nothing does not always mean one is not interested
This appears to be VERY True, just sadly OFF TOPIC though. We were discussing 'you' clarifying what the word 'it' IS that 'you' appeared to want to KNOW whether 'it' was True or Real, and have this PROVEN, and how much interest 'you' have in having this reveal.

I have made the CLAIM that I can PROVE ALL-OF-THIS True and Real, which, to some, would be the most outrageous claim EVER, so they just completely ignore it as they see that it deserves. They OBVIOUSLY have absolutely NO interest at all in learning and discovery. But to any human being who is Truly OPEN, who is Truly inquisitive, and who is Truly interested, then they OBVIOUSLY would just ask a simple question like; What do 'you' actually mean?

But as PROVEN here, in this forum, this very rarely happens, if EVER.

I continually ask 'you' What do 'you' specifically mean about things. I have even asked 'you' what do 'you' specifically mean when 'you' used the 'it' word.

But what I get is the very opposite. For example; you asked me;
How can I ask you specifically what it is, when you are not actually being specific?

My Answer IS; Very simply by just ASKING ME. If you need more advice, Just ask me; "What is 'it' that you are talking about?

Learning the Truth of things can not get much easier and simpler than this.

Life, contrary to popular belief, REALLY IS SIMPLE and EASY.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 am
Age wrote:
surreptitious57 wrote:

Absolute detachment means detachment for all of ones life not for a few seconds at a time
But in absolute detachment you do NOT exist anymore . There is NO ones life . This is because of who and what you Truly ARE
I mean absolute detachment in relation to thoughts only and not to absolute detachment in any other sense
So did I.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 amAnd so I do not mean that you do not exist any more in a physical body and are effectively non existent as such
Because of what and who 'you' ARE, "detachment for all of ones life" means 'you' never existed at all.
surreptitious57 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 amI do not think that it is possible for a compos mentis human being to be absolutely thought free for all of their life
Okay.

I do NOT know what a compa mentis IS, and, at the moment, I REALLY do NOT care either.

Also, it is NOT possible to prove if there is absolute thought freeness in the whole "life" of a human body. So, it is NOT worth even considering.

By the way, will 'you', like 'you' have done a few times already with me, get to a certain point, and then claim that I am off the thread's topic and so 'you' say 'you' will just stop communicating with me?
surreptitious57

Post by surreptitious57 »

Age wrote:
The VERY REASON WHY I ask so many specific clarifying questions is because I ALREADY KNOW that I do NOT know FOR SURE what the thoughts are within another body . And I ALREADY KNOW that the best quickest and only Truest way to KNOW FOR SURE the thinking within another body is to wait for them to be expressed
This method can be very exhausting for the one having to answer all of the clarifying questions of yours
Which might be why no one on the forum actually bothers to answer every single one that you ask them

You dont need to ask so many anyway because you will know what someone thinks simply by what they say
No one knows for absolute certain what someone else knows but can still see what they do know without having to ask any questions at all

Your method can make conversation rather clinical at times and as such takes away the natural rhythm a conversation should ideally have
It is more like an interrogation rather than a conversation so if you could be less clinical and more natural that might be appreciated more
Try to avoid if you can replying to this post using that clinical method because I probably wont have the mental energy to reply to it if you do
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
By the way like you have done a few times already with me get to a certain point and then claim that I am off the threads
topic and so you say you will just stop communicating with me
You do go off topic and probably moreso than anyone else here and so that therefore is a simple fact and not my opinion
I will communicate with you when it is worth my effort to do so but off topic and / or too many questions and I will stop

So if you want more communication then just stay on topic and keep the questions to an absolute minimum and the conversation just natural
You manage to do all of that and we should have better discourse both in terms of quantity and quality and so do you think that you could this

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:09 am
Age wrote:
The VERY REASON WHY I ask so many specific clarifying questions is because I ALREADY KNOW that I do NOT know FOR SURE what the thoughts are within another body . And I ALREADY KNOW that the best quickest and only Truest way to KNOW FOR SURE the thinking within another body is to wait for them to be expressed
This method can be very exhausting for the one having to answer all of the clarifying questions of yours
So what?

It is the only way to obtain thee actual Truth of things.

I am the one writing the questions. No one has to reply to them at all, so it could actually be NOT exhausting at all, for the "other". Either way this is NEVER exhausting for me.

Also, I am NOT sure HOW just expressing the actual Truth to my clarifying question could be exhausting any way, let alone "very exhausting".

The Truest answer to all clarifying questions, which are UNKNOWN, is just 'i do not know'. To me, there is nothing exhausting at all in thee Truth.

Whereas, lying and/or hiding, and keep up with this, and keeping this up, can be 'very, very exhausting' indeed.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:09 amWhich might be why no one on the forum actually bothers to answer every single one that you ask them
Very true that MIGHT BE WHY no one on the forum actually bothers to answer every single question I ask of them.

The ALSO MIGHT BE other reasons, yet to be LOOKED AT and DISCUSSED.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:09 amYou dont need to ask so many anyway because you will know what someone thinks simply by what they say
You OBVIOUSLY MISSED the point i was just making. You just said, "I WILL KNOW what someone thinks simply by what they say". Therefore, I KNOW EXACTLY that you have just completely MISSED what I was just saying, which REFUTES what you previously said.

What is OBVIOUS to me, is 'you' are 'trying to' use words to "JUSTIFY" what you are THINKING at the time, which, unfortunately for you, means you contradict what you have previously written.

Now, the VERY POINT i was making was I can KNOW the thoughts behind, what is said, but just because i CAN know, this does NOT mean that what i THINK is being thought, within another body, is actually True, Right, and Correct, or even close to be somewhat true, right, or correct.

The ONLY way any human being can KNOW, 100% FOR SURE, the thoughts within another body IS, to clarify. This is BEST done through clarifying questions, OBVIOUSLY.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:09 amNo one knows for absolute certain what someone else knows but can still see what they do know without having to ask any questions at all
So, this is your "logic" now, in order to 'try' and combine your two pre-existing contradictions together.

No person KNOWS for ABSOLUTE CERTAIN what someone "else" KNOWS, but the former one can still SEE what the "other" one does KNOW, without having to ask any questions at all, correct?

If yes, then this is OBVIOUS. But how does one expose or just change the WRONG in what one SEES in what "another" KNOWS without asking clarifying questions, especially when they will NOT listen, nor change themself?

For example, the WRONG in what 'you', "surreptitious", KNOW is distorting your ability to SEE clearly what I KNOW, and EVIDENCED and PROVEN above, and so 'you' actually MISS the important POINTS that I actually do KNOW, and am actually saying.

How do I explain to 'you' that what 'you' SEE about what I KNOW is actually WRONG. So, what 'you' are SEEING is NOT the actual Truth of things about what I KNOW. So, if 'you' do NOT ask me any questions, and I do NOT clear this up for 'you', then 'you' will keep SEEING what is actually NOT even there. 'you' will just keep SEEING an optical illusion and NOT at all true.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:09 amYour method can make conversation rather clinical at times and as such takes away the natural rhythm a conversation should ideally have
This is a philosophy forum, which centers around finding or exposing Truth through logical reasoning, which is done through faceless, anonymous discussions, so is NOT a place usually held for the so called "natural rhythm of conversations".

If you want those conversations, turn the computer off and talk with your family and friends or just go the pub or church or anywhere else one wants those kinds of conversations.

To me, the 'natural rhythm of conversation', which is done in and with 'logical reasoning', is to either just listen to every thing, or if when making a claim or saying absolutely any thing here, then be able to back up absolutely EVERY WORD with 'logical reasoning'. This involves being questioned and challenged on what is said and WRITTEN.

For example, if the words "your mind" are written, then the 'natural rhythm of conversation' in a logical reasoned way is to be able to explain what is MEANT by the two words and HOW they relate to each other, EXACTLY.

I LOVE being challenged AND question on absolutely ANY and EVERY word I write. This might be because I can Truly back up and support absolutely Everything I say with EVIDENCE and PROOF.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:09 amIt is more like an interrogation rather than a conversation so if you could be less clinical and more natural that might be appreciated more
And this is a PERFECTLY NORMAL and REASONABLE expectation.

However, if I just want a less clinical conversation I will talk to anyone who is NOT interested in what is called 'philosophy'.

I could and do use words like "your mind", accidentally and out of habit, in conversation out of this forum, but if I use words in terms like that here, then I am just continuing on with what I KNOW is NOT at all True, Right, nor Correct, and thus would be only continuing on with and reinforcing the lies and deceptions that we all continually are telling ourselves.

I can NOT expose the WRONG, if I am just following and copying what is SEEN to be the "natural rhythm in conversation", in the days of when this is written. Things do NOT change if change is NOT made. We would all still be SEEING the sun revolving around the earth if the "natural rhythm of conversation", in those days when that was talked about in conversation, if in conversation people's views/thoughts were NOT challenged and were NOT being questioned. If the "natural rhythm of conversation" is NOT put into question, then it would NOT necessarily change, for the better.

However, in saying this, I KNOW there is a very fine line between NOT stepping over from what is already understood and accepted ways of talking and knowledge and to going to far, to quickly, expressing new ideas, and end up LOOKING like the weirdo and/or downright dick that I am LOOKING like now, in this forum, when this is being written.
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:09 amTry to avoid if you can replying to this post using that clinical method because I probably wont have the mental energy to reply to it

if you do
I could also write some thing like, just be Truly OPEN and Honest from now on in your replies to me, but I will NOT, mainly because I do NOT expect any thing from any one.

I do NOT want any thing other than 'you' being
exactly how 'you' ARE.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:26 am
Age wrote:
By the way like you have done a few times already with me get to a certain point and then claim that I am off the threads
topic and so you say you will just stop communicating with me
You do go off topic and probably moreso than anyone else here and so that therefore is a simple fact and not my opinion
I will communicate with you when it is worth my effort to do so but off topic and / or too many questions and I will stop
So, once again, you are implying that is SOLELY me who goes off topic in our discussions, correct?

Are you AWARE that it takes two to keep going off topic in any discussion?

Also, just look at ANY thread in this forum and look at how quickly things can go "off topic", and see just how many threads stay what is called "on topic"
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:26 amSo if you want more communication then just stay on topic and keep the questions to an absolute minimum and the conversation just natural
You manage to do all of that and we should have better discourse both in terms of quantity and quality and so do you think that you could this
Yes i could if I use my mind, and just follow, copy, and re-repeat the things that are repeatedly told to me. That is, in the days when this is written, the universe was created by God, and so it will also end. Human beings, by nature, are greedy selfish people and so disagreeing, fighting, warring, and killing each other will continue. I do NOT see the pollution and damage I am causing by my actions to obtain as much money as I can because we need money in order to keep living. What I do is right and good, but what other people do is wrong and bad and I deserve the right to punish them and/or kill them if I see fit. My judgments are right and if any one disagrees then that is because they is sick, stupid and insane. I believe certain things and they have to be true, so if you agree then you must be wrong. I believe things because I am told that I MUST believe things otherwise I cannot live. I have my mind and you have your mind, but I have absolutely no idea who you are, what the mind is, or even who I am. But we will not talk about this because anyway no one could no such things forever more.

Is this the "natural rhythm of discourse" that you would like and feel much better to have? Oh sorry I asked you a clarifying question, and I certainly would not like you to waste any mental energy at all. Because as we both KNOW so much mental energy is used up and wasted in discussion that we do not want to look at and discuss, right? Oh no i did it again, sorry.

So, now since this is a topic about 5G and how it is going to destroy our lives and turn us all into zombies, then i best just stay on topic, of which I agree wholeheartedly will happen. I will also completely blind my self to the fact that 3G and 4G were said to be completely bad for our health and with the advancement of technology like this we are all to suffer. But i am not sure when to disagree with what I was told and taught say ten years ago which I had to agree with to stay in and with the "natural rhythm of conversation" at that time but now most people disagree with that what I was taught to believe was true. I do not know when to agree with what people say because so many people say so many different and conflicting things to each other and even to their own selves, but I have been taught and so have now learned to NOT ask any one clarifying questions any more.

So, I agree with exactly what you say will happen when 5G is rolled out. It will be so terrible and yucky and I am going to worry non stop until it happens. But then I will be inside a computer looking at things from the lens of a camera. But it will still by so horrible.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
The Truest answer to all clarifying questions which are UNKNOWN is just I do not know
This is absolutely true and there are indeed many things that I do not know
And in fact I know very little relative to the totality of all human knowledge
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
The ONLY way any human being can KNOW I00 PER CENT FOR SURE the thoughts within another body IS to clarify
No one has access to the thoughts of others and so clarification is not guaranteed absolute certainty
As a clarifying question may not always be truthfully answered and you may not know that it is a lie
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
No person KNOWS for ABSOLUTE CERTAIN what someone else KNOWS but the former one
can still SEE what the other one does KNOW without having to ask any questions at all
Not absolutely just partly by what they are saying and so there is no contradiction here
Even with clarifying questions absolute certainty cannot be guaranteed as I already said
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
This is a philosophy forum which centers around finding or exposing Truth through logical reasoning which is done
through faceless anonymous discussions so is NOT a place usually held for the so called natural rhythm of conversations
A conversation is where two or more people converse and this is entirely possible regardless of the subject matter in question
So one can be as philosophical as they like and still have a conversation because they are not mutually incompatible positions
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
I KNOW there is a very fine line between NOT stepping over from what is already understood and accepted ways of talking and knowledge
and to going too far too quickly expressing new ideas and end up LOOKING like the weirdo and / or downright dick that I am LOOKING like
now in this forum when this is being written
Express all the new ideas you have regardless of what anyone thinks about you here
And unless you actually do worry about how others see you then there is no problem

Can you give an example of a new idea that would make you look like a weirdo
I merely ask this as I do not remember you ever expressing any such idea at all

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pm
Age wrote:
The Truest answer to all clarifying questions which are UNKNOWN is just I do not know
This is absolutely true and there are indeed many things that I do not know
So, would it be far less use of "mental energy" to just write thee Truth of things, "I do not know", instead of all the other things written?
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pmAnd in fact I know very little relative to the totality of all human knowledge
Well I certainly hope there is not one human being among you that does think that they know more than just about nothing, relative to the totality of ALL human knowledge. Especially considering that one person at the most only experiences at the most for no more than 150 years, and so can only gain that many years worth of knowledge, and the totality of all human knowledge has been gathered and collected for countless of thousands of years.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:17 pm
Age wrote:
The ONLY way any human being can KNOW I00 PER CENT FOR SURE the thoughts within another body IS to clarify
No one has access to the thoughts of others and so clarification is not guaranteed absolute certainty
How does this "logic" follow?

No one has access to the thoughts within another body.
So, clarification is not guaranteed with absolute certainty.

The premise I agree with, but how that logically leads to the conclusion I have absolutely NO idea.

If, however, this was proposed as;

No one has access to the thoughts within another body.
All adult human beings can not be trusted to tell the whole truth.
So, clarification of what the actual True thoughts within another body is not guaranteed with absolute certainty.

Then that follows perfectly logically, to me.

However, I can KNOW, 100% FOR SURE, the thoughts within another body, when they are expressed to me Honestly.

I just realized some thing, Were you thinking I meant ABSOLUTELY ALL and EVERY thought in another body when I posed the above?
surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:08 pmAs a clarifying question may not always be truthfully answered and you may not know that it is a lie
This is very true, which, if I recall correctly, I have ALREADY explained previously.

Post by Age »

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:26 pm
Age wrote:
No person KNOWS for ABSOLUTE CERTAIN what someone else KNOWS but the former one
can still SEE what the other one does KNOW without having to ask any questions at all
Not absolutely just partly by what they are saying and so there is no contradiction here
Now I have to clarify what is the word 'partly' in relation to exactly?

Maybe if you re-wrote again, in the way that you actually mean it this time, then it would be easier for "others" to FULLY understand what you mean.

Also, there NEVER was of an allegation of a contradiction here. I said that what you wrote here was to 'try' and combine your two pre-existing contradictions together, which I saw you did already, so I was just clarifying that my interpretation of what you said was correct or not, which coincidentally an outcome, through and from my clarifying question, ended up becoming an even more true and correct knowledge coming to light.

So, what has happened here now is a PRIME EXAMPLE of just how 'clarifying questions' can actually make things much more CLEARER, and thus much BETTER UNDERSTOOD, by each party.

surreptitious57 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:26 pmEven with clarifying questions absolute certainty cannot be guaranteed as I already said
So, if you already said it, then there was NO real need to say it here again. Especially since how close this message was repeated after the last post were you just said it.

By the way I have already said that with clarifying questions, absolute certainty of what the thoughts are within another body can be gained and guaranteed, that is; IF Honesty is provided. 'you' are living PROOF and EVIDENCE of this FACT.

But I do NOT need to repeat this again, so soon, as I just said and SHOWED how it is thee Truth of things previously.
surreptitious57

Age wrote:
would it be far less use of mental energy to just write thee Truth of things I do not know instead of all the other things written
Yes it would but have I not already said many times here that I know very little or even nothing at all and do you not know this