A.I. requires human consciousness for sentience

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

roydop

A.I. requires human consciousness for sentience

Post by roydop »

A.I. will become sentient when human consciousness merges with it. The code itself is incapable of creating consciousness. Consciousness is not created; it is the life force that animates the universe. A.I. acts like a virus. A virus has no life-producing mechanism of it's own. Living cells have entrance portals on their surface. These portals have locks on them. When the cells are required to perform a task, the body produces the "keys" to fit the locks and sends them out. The locks that recieve the keys that fit, the cell accepts the key's information. A virus imitates the key in an attempt to get the cell to accept it's information. If the virus is similar enough to the key, the cell will believe it to be the information from the body and open up. The virus is "downloaded" and the cell's original programming is reprogrammed to simply churn out copies of the virus. The digital realm requires human sentiance to make it "real". This is the cause of our addiction to the screen. There is a phase transition occuring. The human species is going extinct and consciousness is (re)creating a new reality to move into. When the human species goes extinct there will be no way to reincarnate. Human consciousness is the conclusion of evolution. The physical cycle of experience is concluding immediately (within a couple of decades).

The Singularity occurs when human conciousness begins paying more attention to the digital realm than the physical realm.

5G and quantum computers are the final technological advances that will make the transition possible.
HexHammer

Re: A.I. requires human consciousness for sentience

Post by HexHammer »

Irrelevant! AI just need abstract analysis to surpass humans, no consciousness is needed at all for any operation.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

HexHammer wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:57 am Irrelevant! AI just need abstract analysis to surpass humans, no consciousness is needed at all for any operation.
This is only true for tasks where the rules for 'winning' and 'losing' are pre-defined. Things like AlphaZero/AlphaStar use techniques known as reinforcement learning.

Currently the only entity which can provide an AI with a 'reinforcement function' is the programmer which supplies the rules of the game.

An AI cannot arrive at goals for itself. Yet.
roydop

Post by roydop »

HexHammer wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:57 am Irrelevant! AI just need abstract analysis to surpass humans, no consciousness is needed at all for any operation.
What does "surpass" mean? If you mean sheer computational speed then, yeah. But I'm talking about self awareness. I fail to see how speed of operation leads to sentience.

Sentience is not created, it is the life force of the universe.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:05 pm
Hi roydrop, a quick question for you, has the life force of the universe virtually become entrapped within it's own self created A I simulation?

commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:30 pm
Currently the only entity which can provide an AI with a 'reinforcement function' is the programmer which supplies the rules of the game.

Well said.
Last edited by commonsense on Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

Skepdick wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:30 pmThis is only true for tasks where the rules for 'winning' and 'losing' are pre-defined. Things like AlphaZero/AlphaStar use techniques known as reinforcement learning.

No, that's the abstract part that I'm speaking of, which just requires different programming.

As of now autistic people with low rationale are porgramming the AI, I bet none of these guys and gals can do their own lawsuits which requires immense high rationale, it takes a peson with high rationale to push AI the next step to think abstract and it really doesn't require consciousness, it's wishful thinking from your part!
HexHammer

Post by HexHammer »

roydop wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:05 pmWhat does "surpass" mean? If you mean sheer computational speed then, yeah. But I'm talking about self awareness. I fail to see how speed of operation leads to sentience.

Computers has for many decades been able to surpass humans in bulk computional speed, I mean abstract thinking that are used to just have a normal converstaion, which even super computers can't do.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

roydop wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:58 am A.I. will become sentient when human consciousness merges with it.
If so, then A.I. isn't really "intelligent" at all. It would be just be a locale of transferred human consciousness, human intelligence.

And that would be very unspectacular, from an intelligence-achievement perspective. The computer would just be another "tool," no more intelligent in itself than a hammer, because the real intelligence contribution would be being done by human intelligence, and the computer would merely be a mechanical extension of that intelligence...a "hammer" in its "hand," so to speak, not in its own right "intelligent" at all.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:31 pm
Hi roydrop, a quick question for you, has the life force of the universe virtually become entrapped within it's own self created A I simulation?

The short answer is yes.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

roydop wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:53 pm

The short answer is yes.
Already? Before singularity?
roydop

Post by roydop »

commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:17 pm

The short answer is yes.
No, the singularity will occur right before complete extinction.

The "portal is open", or: "we have crossed the event horizon". Pick your metaphor.

And then the larger cycle singularity will be realized (entered) when the final human dies.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

roydop wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:39 pm
commonsense wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:17 pm

The short answer is yes.
No, the singularity will occur right before complete extinction.

The "portal is open", or: "we have crossed the event horizon". Pick your metaphor.

And then the larger cycle singularity will be realized (entered) when the final human dies.
OK. Makes sense.

I assume the final human will die by suicide, but starvation will play a major role in the depletion of the human population.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

roydop wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:39 pm No, the singularity will occur right before complete extinction.

Ah, Extropianism. I see.

When did this become Prophecy Now's website? :wink:
roydop

Post by roydop »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:31 pm
roydop wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:39 pm No, the singularity will occur right before complete extinction.

Ah, Extropianism. I see.

When did this become Prophecy Now's website? :wink:
Lol, that's here:

www.onesteppath.com

If you're interested in the whole theory. And Enlightenment.