disembodied hive mind

Is the mind the same as the body? What is consciousness? Can machines have it?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Popsicle

disembodied hive mind

Post by Popsicle »

hi all, i was wondering why it wouldnt be possible for a disembodied mind to exist, a mind encompassing multiple bodies instead of just one, why is our experience limited to a single body. i believe that there is no clear wall between where one mind starts and another ends so one can imagine such a hive mind in group activities seen in human society, for example companies sharing similar ideology. but these type of collective group activities arent really a unified mind. i am speaking more of a completeley unified mind which its activites spans a certain number of human or alien bodies, there would be no reason why this could not be done by consciousness. how would such an entity coordinate its activity? would this entity be considered mortal? what would its limits be? whatnkind of vantige point would it have? what would its experience be like?

perhaps this unified mind is already happenign and the answers i will get from this post are just aspects of myself that i am unaware of .

any thoughts on this?
Impenitent

Re: disembodied hive mind

Post by Impenitent »

have you ever read Sybil?

-Imp
Popsicle

Re: disembodied hive mind

Post by Popsicle »

nope never can u reference me the book? thanks
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I can see an engineered being: multiple bodies, each brain of each body wi-fi linked to all others in real time, the constant back & forth of information becoming a communal personality.

What a horrorshow that would be.
commonsense

Re:

Post by commonsense »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:01 pm
What a horrorshow that would be.
Agreed!

Anybody who thinks synchronicity won’t be a horrorshow better think again.

:mrgreen: