Human imperfection.

General chit-chat

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dalek Prime

Human imperfection.

Post by Dalek Prime »

Who is perfect? Please let us know who you are.

Signed,

An inperfect Dalek, who can admit to his flaws, and tries to fix them, knowing it will never stick.
yiostheoy

Re: Human imperfection.

Post by yiostheoy »

Dalek Prime wrote:Who is perfect? Please let us know who you are.

Signed,

An inperfect Dalek, who can admit to his flaws, and tries to fix them, knowing it will never stick.
I believe (infer) that everyone has imperfections of body and/or mind based on my numerous anecdotal observations of others and my knowledge of my own self.

Fortunately I have not hurt anyone else in a long time or taken advantage of any women/ladies either, so I feel reconciled.

The key to eliminating or coping with imperfections of the self is to endeavor to identify them and then minimize them.

Then hopefully by the time you are old and you die and go on to meet the Prime Mover, He/She/They will see some value in you and let you into their Kingdom in the Sky.

That would be a good goal for self improvement by everyone.

Even the Atheists and Agnostics could at least hedge their bets in this manner as eternal life insurance.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

You lost me at being judged in eternity. This thread was meant to discuss glass houses, and judgments by others.

You are correct in minimization, as I stated in the OP.
yiostheoy

Post by yiostheoy »

Dalek Prime wrote:You lost me at being judged in eternity. This thread was meant to discuss glass houses, and judgments by others.

Everything in Philosophy requires an uber gestalt. Means big picture.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

yiostheoy wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:You lost me at being judged in eternity. This thread was meant to discuss glass houses, and judgments by others.

And if I have issue with the photographer (god) and his style of framing, what then? Accept meekly his judgement?

That's not me.
yiostheoy

Post by yiostheoy »

Dalek Prime wrote:
yiostheoy wrote:

And if I have issue with the photographer (god) and his style of framing, what then? Accept meekly his judgement?

That's not me.
The Universe is a jungle.

There are lots of big dogs.

Somebody created you. That is one bigger dog than you are.

You can bite the hand that fed you if you like. But it does not seem smart to me.
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

My dad's dead. And the other dog can go wank on someone else's leg. I'll take my lumps should they come, but I won't cower.
yiostheoy

Post by yiostheoy »

Dalek Prime wrote:My dad's dead. And the other dog can go wank on someone else's leg. I'll take my lumps should they come, but I won't cower.
Technically your mom created you with just a little squirt of dna from your dad to help her out.

With a generation running about 25 years from birth to pregnancy, and based on archeology, we know that humans in their/our present form have been around for about 200 thousands of years, or about 8 thousand generations.

Before that there were monkeys and apes.

Before that there were mammals.

Before that there were reptiles.

Before that there were amphibians.

Before that there were fish.

Before that there were sea worms and other invertebrates.

4.5 billion years ago the Earth was just beginning to form.

17 billion years ago the Universe was just beginning to form.

Something out there is 17 billion years old that caused all this to start.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

yiostheoy wrote:...
And why do you think it's all about this or more specifically, living things?
Dalek Prime

Post by Dalek Prime »

yiostheoy wrote:
Dalek Prime wrote:My dad's dead. And the other dog can go wank on someone else's leg. I'll take my lumps should they come, but I won't cower.
Technically your mom created you with just a little squirt of dna from your dad to help her out.

With a generation running about 25 years from birth to pregnancy, and based on archeology, we know that humans in their/our present form have been around for about 200 thousands of years, or about 8 thousand generations.

13.772 billion years, approximately, to be more accurate.

Hey, you can list all you like, god can still go stick it, if he exists at all. Which I doubt. Did you have a point, besides telling me who made me (my mom's also dead), or creating a list?
Greta

Post by Greta »

Dalek, you know better than most that the only true perfection is nothingness :)

Never had much time for perfection, myself. Every search for "purity" by humanity has ended in tears. Being "on the spectrum" I've had a lifetime of people helpfully trying to correct my flaws. It's a blessing to be retired and relatively independent; I can safely disregard so much more human opinion than I could as a wage slave. In large doses humans are incredibly wearing with their hustling and hassling. Judge judge judge. I'll add another commandment - "Cut people (and animals) some slack, FFS".

More broadly, over evolutionary time scales Homo sapiens are just hominids not long out of the caves. We have always striven to grow and improve but it's a long road to anything that could even be mistaken for perfection.
yiostheoy

Post by yiostheoy »

Dalek Prime wrote:
yiostheoy wrote:

13.772 billion years, approximately, to be more accurate.

Hey, you can list all you like, god can still go stick it, if he exists at all. Which I doubt. Did you have a point, besides telling me who made me (my mom's also dead), or creating a list?
I hope your mom and dad are doing well. I hope they have reunited somewhere. I hope you make it to the same place they are.

I am sure they worked hard to raise a fine son.
yiostheoy

Post by yiostheoy »

Greta wrote:Dalek, you know better than most that the only true perfection is nothingness :)

Never had much time for perfection, myself. Every search for "purity" by humanity has ended in tears. Being "on the spectrum" I've had a lifetime of people helpfully trying to correct my flaws. It's a blessing to be retired and relatively independent; I can safely disregard so much more human opinion than I could as a wage slave. In large doses humans are incredibly wearing with their hustling and hassling. Judge judge judge. I'll add another commandment - "Cut people (and animals) some slack, FFS".

More broadly, over evolutionary time scales Homo sapiens are just hominids not long out of the caves. We have always striven to grow and improve but it's a long road to anything that could even be mistaken for perfection.
That's Buddhism. It is a world major religion. Not a philosophy.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

yiostheoy wrote:...
That's Buddhism. It is a world major religion. Not a philosophy.
Apart from not really having a 'God' or 'Gods'?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

I am perfect in my (vast and obvious) imperfection so I ain't changin' a friggin' thing.