Question: Why are firearm silencers against the law?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Hobbes' Choice

Re: Question: Why are firearm silencers against the law?

Post by Hobbes' Choice »

thedoc wrote:
bobevenson wrote:All I know is that we kicked King George's ass clear across the ocean.
There is a real corrupted view of history, but I forget the winners write the history books to suit themselves.
He'll be telling you next that the US won the war of 1812. LOL
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:
bobevenson wrote:Too bad you're incapable of offering a philosophical response of any kind.
LMFAO! This from you!! :roll:

Since you weren't paying attention as usual, just talking to the voices in your head, you didn't notice that your response showed quite clearly that you have no idea about the 'average' person and as such were just talking bollocks as usual. I really wish they'd follow all the other forums and ban you for the troll you are.
Talk about trolls! You keep butting into my threads with insults, never offering an argument or counter-argument. Who the fuck do you think you're kidding, huh?
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:Talk about trolls! You keep butting into my threads with insults, never offering an argument or counter-argument. Who the fuck do you think you're kidding, huh?
You are a loon! I pretty much always offer an argument but you invariably ignore anything that threatens the safety of your insanity, as such insults are pretty much all you deserve you mental troll.
p.s.
What kind of completely stupid and inane question is 'Why are firearm silencers against the law'? As the answer appears obvious, because the person wants to kill unnoticed and as such is probably up to no good. No don't tell me, it's because your 'totalitarian' govt wants to stop 'freedom fighters' from defending themselves. :roll:
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

I rest my case.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:I rest my case.
:lol: What a fruit-loop!
p.s.
Not least because it's been pointed out to you by your fellow Americans that they are not illegal in many states in your country, but never let a fact get in the way of your insanity eh!
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:It's been pointed out to you by your fellow Americans that they are not illegal in many states in your country, but never let a fact get in the way of your insanity eh!
First of all, as the title of this thread suggests, the question is why firearm silencers are against the law anywhere, which I realize is too subtle a point for you to comprehend. The following U.S. jurisdictions have explicitly banned any civilian from possessing a suppressor: California, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, and the District of Columbia. Federal law provides severe penalties for crimes of violence committed using firearms equipped with silencers: a minimum prison sentence of 30 years. A prospective user must also go through an application process administered by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), which requires a federal tax payment of $200 and a thorough criminal background check. There is absolutely no justification for any of these prejudicial government positions against firearm silencers. Of course, none of this pertains to your despotic country where you can't even legally own a gun, much less a silencer. Thank God that Bob the Baptist is able to set the world straight on this subject.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Ever thought that by-and-large the only people who would wish to use silencers are those who wish to kill other people undetected and that is the reason why such things have been made illegal. Now you may well wish to live in a society where this is allowed and good luck to you as the more of you who think like this the better is my thought. Me I like living somewhere where I have very little chance of being killed by crazies with guns who hear the voices in their heads. The most laughable thing about your position is that it is exactly the right-wing gun-nuts who will support the instigation of a totalitarian gubberment in your country and they will act exactly like the militias in the ME.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:Ever thought that by-and-large the only people who would wish to use silencers are those who wish to kill other people undetected and that is the reason why such things have been made illegal.
Unfortunately, most foreigners with tyrannical laws can't imagine why people might want to suppress the loud noise of gunfire. Firearms are also used for target practice and self-protection. That kind of noise is not only disturbing to others but can damage hearing. Of course, this is something that government-oppressed people like you can't even begin to contemplate.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol: :lol: Ever heard of ear-defenders? So it's for your neighbours benefit is it, why aren't you on a firing-range? Oh I get it, you want to fire in your back-garden but the noise might upset the neighbours but a stray round won't. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Self-protection my arse, your guns kill more of you than protect you and more power to them. :lol:
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:Self-protection my arse...

A better idea: stick it up your ass.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Cruelty to donkeys is not my bag boob.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Please learn American English, the standard of the world.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

Yeah but then there's the Gold Standard.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:Yeah but then there's the Gold Standard.
The Gold Standard was a pathetic governmental attempt to control the amount of fiat money in existence, as though the only thing with intrinsic market value were gold as opposed to everything with intrinsic market value as explained by Evensonomics and the AEP.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

:lol: See that's the difference between American English as the trade language it is and English, no nuance nor humour in the former.