Big Eyes

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

artisticsolution

Big Eyes

Post by artisticsolution »

Just having fun with costumes today. I don't know if anyone else here likes Keane style Big Eye Paintings but that is what was hanging in my bedroom when I was a kid. Loved the look...kinda reminds me of anime. Anyone remember Speed Racer? Loved that cartoon too!

Nostalgic. :)
Attachments
snow white.jpg
snow white.jpg (27.72 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
Pluto

Re: Big Eyes

Post by Pluto »

Yeah, it is a crazy look. Emphasising the eyes, why? I think there was a film out recently about these type of paintings. A husband pretended he was the painter when it was actually his wife who painted them. The eyes are the window to the world and to the soul, they say.
artisticsolution

Pluto wrote:Yeah, it is a crazy look. Emphasising the eyes, why? I think there was a film out recently about these type of paintings. A husband pretended he was the painter when it was actually his wife who painted them. The eyes are the window to the world and to the soul, they say.
Hi Pluto,

Nice to see you around! I always admire your work when you post. Have anything you would care to share feel free to post it here or there? I am always interested in seeing more of your work!

Speaking of crazy, I so want to make her right hand a bloody stump...that is the dark side of me...mwah mwah mwah! :twisted:
GreatandWiseTrixie

Post by GreatandWiseTrixie »

Pluto wrote:Yeah, it is a crazy look. Emphasising the eyes, why? I think there was a film out recently about these type of paintings. A husband pretended he was the painter when it was actually his wife who painted them. The eyes are the window to the world and to the soul, they say.
should be obvious. big eyes have big pupils. big pupils happen when youre in love. big eyes are caused by estrogen, docile, wide eyes are attentive. beady eyes are hateful suspicious aggressive, squinty eyes are usually in a bad mood from walking in the sun.
artisticsolution

GreatandWiseTrixie wrote:
should be obvious. big eyes have big pupils. big pupils happen when youre in love. big eyes are caused by estrogen, docile, wide eyes are attentive. beady eyes are hateful suspicious aggressive, squinty eyes are usually in a bad mood from walking in the sun.

But Keane often drew children who were sad or crying. They did not have the appearance of being in love.

Big pupils can also be cause by dim light.

Aesthetics can be deceiving.
GreatandWiseTrixie

artisticsolution wrote:

But Keane often drew children who were sad or crying. They did not have the appearance of being in love.

Big pupils can also be cause by dim light.

Aesthetics can be deceiving.
sadness and crying are estrogenic, sadness is a symptom of love
artisticsolution

Se let me get this straight. You believe that big eyes means a person is full of love and beady eyes mean's they are full of 'hateful suspicious aggression'?

It just seems illogical to me. I am sure there are some beady eye people who love and some big eyed people who hate.

Eyes can dilated for all types of reasons.

http://www.healthgrades.com/symptoms/dilated-pupils
GreatandWiseTrixie

artisticsolution wrote:

Se let me get this straight. You believe that big eyes means a person is full of love and beady eyes mean's they are full of 'hateful suspicious aggression'?

It just seems illogical to me. I am sure there are some beady eye people who love and some big eyed people who hate.

Eyes can dilated for all types of reasons.

http://www.healthgrades.com/symptoms/dilated-pupils
You mean those big wide paranoid murder eyes? Still estrogenic.

By beady eyed people are you talking about those sleepy half closed seductive eyes, or that beady eyed playful look? It only works when they are grinning and biting their lip.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Dilated pupils can mean you are on drugs, or dead.
GreatandWiseTrixie

vegetariantaxidermy wrote:Dilated pupils can mean you are on drugs, or dead.
Dead bodies dont experience pain or hate, and the drugs you refer are probably blissful.
artisticsolution

To my friend who always wanted to be the villain, never the princess... :)
Attachments
bemalificent - Copy.jpg
bemalificent - Copy.jpg (26.48 KiB) Viewed 4116 times