Colorized film

What is art? What is beauty?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Philosophy Explorer

Colorized film

Post by Philosophy Explorer »

I heard a movie critic say that a movie producer's wish should be respected and not have his black and white film converted to color. I say simply turn off the color in your tv set if you want to watch the film in black and white.

Can you tell a difference between films made in black and white and those made in color, but watched in black and white on tv? In general, does it matter to you if a film were colorized?

PhilX
Pluto

Re: Colorized film

Post by Pluto »

Philosophy Explorer wrote:I heard a movie critic say that a movie producer's wish should be respected and not have his black and white film converted to color. I say simply turn off the color in your tv set if you want to watch the film in black and white.

Can you tell a difference between films made in black and white and those made in color, but watched in black and white on tv? In general, does it matter to you if a film were colorized?

PhilX

It is interesting. Black and white film can be located from a particular time in history, it's effect is different than a colour film. A black and white film is more imaginary, a colour film more real. I would like to see colour film in black and white, so like cnn news in black and white please.