What Do Environmentalism & Global Warming Have in Common?

How should society be organised, if at all?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bobevenson

What Do Environmentalism & Global Warming Have in Common?

Post by bobevenson »

Their advocates are basically anti-capitalists who don't have the balls to attack capitalism directly.
chaz wyman

Re: What Do Environmentalism & Global Warming Have in Common

Post by chaz wyman »

What do Ouzo and Bob have in common?

One is a gay drink and the other is a gay drunk.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

chaz wyman wrote:What do Ouzo and Bob have in common?

One is a gay drink and the other is a gay drunk.
Just go and make some more of your indirect attacks on capitalism. By the way, I was thinking specifically of you when I mentioned people without balls.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

So you are saying Capitalism is responsible for Global Warming?
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

Arising_uk wrote:So you are saying Capitalism is responsible for Global Warming?
What I am saying is that people who are against capitalism, rather than attack capitalism directly, attack what they perceive to be the results of capitalism, the degrading of the environment, and global warming that will lead to disastrous future problems. Of course, any system of production would have the same potential problems, and although many of these problems can be addressed in various ways, maybe these people really want the world to go back to the former low-production economy of hunting and gathering.
Arising_uk

Post by Arising_uk »

bobevenson wrote:
Arising_uk wrote:So you are saying Capitalism is responsible for Global Warming?
What I am saying is that people who are against capitalism, rather than attack capitalism directly, attack what they perceive to be the results of capitalism, the degrading of the environment, and global warming that will lead to disastrous future problems. Of course, any system of production would have the same potential problems, and although many of these problems can be addressed in various ways, maybe these people really want the world to go back to the former low-production economy of hunting and gathering.
What do you mean by "attack capitalism directly"?

You appear to contradict yourself as you appear to postulate that a "low-production economy of hunting and gathering" would not be among the "any system of production would have the same potential problems" with respect to the "degrading of the environment, and global warming"?

And yes, some of the radical Greens would want this but most understand that its industrialisation and not capitalism per se thats the issue as the communists polluted pretty badly.
bobevenson

Post by bobevenson »

What I am saying is that so-called liberals are afraid to come right out and say capitalism is bad, so they use environmentalism and global warming as a subterfuge.