There is no Soul - it’s another Christian mythological belief.

Is there a God? If so, what is She like?

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: There is no Soul - it’s another Christian mythological belief.

Post by Iwannaplato »

Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:07 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:27 pmLike his writing (or my reply) is like Elizabeth Warren?
That's an interesting take that I didn't consider. No to that. I have a broader view of the world. Perhaps that's why folks just can't understand what I write.

It's in the sense that Warren used her fantasy pedigree as a form of virtue signaling. She got to check the “minority box,” and get that special consideration for being a minority. She liked being a feather in diversity's cap. Or as she likely would say, diversity's headdress.

She got to be the “diverse,” in a diverse faculty, and she made her (fantasy) roots known to get the vote from the oppressed tribes of Massachusetts, and from those white liberals who are not her blood brothers but are instead, filled with white guilt over treatment of the aboriginals.

It’s a type of virtue signaling. Victim signaling. It's a notch up from pandering by faking a Southern accent when campaigning for political office in the South, which is what panderers such as the one and only Obama, and that cupcake Clinton, would do. Come to think of it, cursing around cursers is also a form of pandering, like effecting a Southern accent ... but I digress.
I wouldn't call it virtue signaling. She does a lot of that, but that's when you do or say things that show you are attacking the bad people. You're taking a stand, you are siding with the oppressed.
This is deeper and it's not about action. It's claiming to be part of an oppressed group and also one considered cool. Even conservatives have sometimes claimed (falsely) Native blood for the cool side of that equation.

Virtue signaling is an astute concept and both sides do it but in different ways, generally.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 4:55 pm The observation that the soul does not exist can also be the result of a simple rational reasoning.

However, one may or may not be aware of the implications of the nonexistence of the soul.

Acquiring this awareness is the most difficult step.
Because I am my own soul.

Therefore if the soul is not there I am nothing.
There is a body, a brain, thoughts, sensations ... but I am not there.
I am an illusion, perhaps necessary, but basically I am nothing.

If I can stand on the edge of the abyss of my nonexistence, then I can truly be gone.

There is no need for my body to die if my soul dies.
And it dies realizing that it is nothing.

But when the soul dies the world becomes bright.
Everything is precious and lovable, Transcendence shines through in it.
I've no idea what all that is supposed to mean, it's just a pile of poetic la la la la la la ... a vague concocted notion of a not-knowing self trying to explain it's existence, which can be none other that an emergent property of consciousness.

But I'll say one thing in response to this...(''Therefore if the soul is not there I am nothing.'')

Exactly, without your personality/ story you are nothing. Without the belief you have a psyche/personality, you are nothing. You are bascially nothing without a belief. . In psychology, the psyche is the centre of thought, feeling, and motivation, consciously and unconsciously directing the body's reactions to it's social and physical environment. It comes with the territory, this belief is an emergent property of a brain. Knowledge is an apparent hallucination of brain function that continues to function during the unconsciousness of sleep as seen in a nightly dream, which is the same state as the waking life, the difference is only a perception.

Neuroscience has already explained the mechanisms involved in emergent properties of conscious functions. The psyche/personality..was ''high'' jacked-up by the xtians who re-named this natural occuring phenomena as the ''Soul'' as if it had some kind of magical substance that survives the death of the body. They conned everyone who believed it. It was invented to assuage what was only an apparent existential dread and fear of total annihilation of an imagined self at death.

That there is no dualism there in the body in the first place, means nothing is actually dying, and that the dying process is just a normal and natural transitioning period of latent energy recycling from formless into kinetic form. Which is all perfectly one with itself, there is no duality there at all.

There is nothing spiritual or supernatural about the material body. No more than a cat or a dog can say to itself, I have a soul...the idea is completely conceptual, it's an artifical made-up idea with zero substance, it's an illusion, kind of like a poetic metaphor for 'psyche /personality', just an empty belief.

Which most intelligent people move beyond that fantasy realm of make-belief and ground themselves securely to the terra firma that is the material world, the only reality that can be known to exist..

bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 6:47 am But I'll say one thing in response to this...(''Therefore if the soul is not there I am nothing.'')

Exactly, without your personality/ story you are nothing. Without the belief you have a psyche/personality, you are nothing. You are bascially nothing without a belief. . In psychology, the psyche is the centre of thought, feeling, and motivation, consciously and unconsciously directing the body's reactions to it's social and physical environment. It comes with the territory, this belief is an emergent property of a brain. Knowledge is an apparent hallucination of brain function that continues to function during the unconsciousness of sleep as seen in a nightly dream, which is the same state as the waking life, the difference is only a perception.

Neuroscience has already explained the mechanisms involved in emergent properties of conscious functions. The psyche/personality..was ''high'' jacked-up by the xtians who re-named this natural occuring phenomena as the ''Soul'' as if it had some kind of magical substance that survives the death of the body. They conned everyone who believed it. It was invented to assuage what was only an apparent existential dread and fear of total annihilation of an imagined self at death.

That there is no dualism there in the body in the first place, means nothing is actually dying, and that the dying process is just a normal and natural transitioning period of latent energy recycling from formless into kinetic form. Which is all perfectly one with itself, there is no duality there at all.

There is nothing spiritual or supernatural about the material body. No more than a cat or a dog can say to itself, I have a soul...the idea is completely conceptual, it's an artifical made-up idea with zero substance, it's an illusion, kind of like a poetic metaphor for 'psyche /personality', just an empty belief.

Which most intelligent people move beyond that fantasy realm of make-belief and ground themselves securely to the terra firma that is the material world, the only reality that can be known to exist..
As I said, it is difficult to grasp the implications of what we see.

And it's difficult because it's simple.

A simplicity that thought shuns, not being able to bear it, if not with great suffering.
It is the suffering of the death of the soul. Which is me.

Instead of so many blah blah on neuroscience and psychology and all. Instead of continually contradicting yourself between the One and the multiple that certainly exists. You should focus precisely on that phrase "Therefore if the soul is not there I am nothing."

Because it speaks of you, precisely of you.
Really simple, yet so difficult...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:13 am
As I said, it is difficult to grasp the implications of what we see.

And it's difficult because it's simple.

A simplicity that thought shuns, not being able to bear it, if not with great suffering.
It is the suffering of the death of the soul. Which is me.

Instead of so many blah blah on neuroscience and psychology and all. Instead of continually contradicting yourself between the One and the multiple that certainly exists. You should focus precisely on that phrase "Therefore if the soul is not there I am nothing."

Yes, and it is also an illusion.

When you die, you die, it's not too difficult to understand how simple the concept of death is.

Life and death, are the same thing, they just differ in appearance that's all.

You, the soul and all it's personality is an illusion appearing real...it's a story written and told by NO ONE.

It's not a literal thing in and of itself that lives for eternity with some invisible 2000 + year old jewish zombie, except in some dystopian nightmare fairy-tale perhaps...where DR Frankenstein and Monsters-inc rule the day.

Fact is, no sane person would want to live in this shit hole of a place...you insist on calling a YOU

Last edited by Dontaskme on Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:13 am"Therefore if the soul is not there I am nothing."

No mate, you have it all tits up arse backwards. There is no 'I am' that can inform itself it is nothing.

To ''know you are an am'' ...is to artificially impose a 'knowledge' upon what is always this immediate Not-knowing existence.

And that ANY apparent knowledge here, will only ever be able to point itself to the illusory nature of it's reality, in that in this artificially created conception...knowledge of self can be nothing more than a mere illusion, because any thing that is known to be, in and of itself can know NOTHING.

The no thing that you are, does not need a 'soul' to be...no more than a flower or an ant needs a soul to be...the 'soul idea' is an artificial feeling of self-identity, the feeling of autonomy, but this sense of self is an illusion.

I'm sure Mosquito's do not have a sense of self flying around with the same sense of self-importance as you do, I'm sure that's just some brain function, a complete fabrication created by a piece of flesh...except brains have no concept of their existence, because illusions cannot tell themselves they are illusions.

Bla lalalala bla de bla...
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:09 pm

But is not everything that exists itself a nothing?
There is no such thing as non-duality aka (nothing) but then again, non-duality is not a thing.

Except in this conception. Where a thing known in and of itself cannot know any thing.

Nothing knows.

If you say you know...you don't.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:28 am Fact is, no sane person would want to live in this shit hole of a place...you insist on calling a YOU
Therefore: No person (which is an illusion) in their right mind would want to live in this shitty place (which is an illusion)...

Get out of the loop!

You are the one who created all this.

Listen to the compassion you feel for this aching world and for yourself.
Reject this ultimate selfishness of yours.
Open your eyes.

One more step only son.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:29 am
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:28 am Fact is, no sane person would want to live in this shit hole of a place...you insist on calling a YOU
Therefore: No person (which is an illusion) in their right mind would want to live in this shitty place (which is an illusion)...

Get out of the loop!

You are the one who created all this.

Listen to the compassion you feel for this aching world and for yourself.
Reject this ultimate selfishness of yours.
Open your eyes.

One more step only son.
There is no one in the loop to get out of...there is only this...no thing that is known to be walking can direct it's step.

If like you insist on saying...I created all this, then I can uncreate it.

No mate...no thing known as I has that power to undo this immediate none doing doing...there is no time machine here, to go back and undo split milk.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:13 am

Ah, those pesky little contradictions, those impy little two I's who are none other than the ONE itself...they flex my thinking skills until I think I've understood.

:D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:17 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 5:07 pm Perhaps that's why folks just can't understand what I write.
I think it's more that they can't understand why you write it. :roll:
:lol:

But he loves to flex is pen - or is that is (pen is ) :lol:
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:44 am No mate...no thing known as I has that power to undo this immediate none doing doing...there is no time machine here, to go back and undo split milk.
So for you everything is an illusion but not time...
Time for you is an absolute.

But time is what you have generated!

Let yourself be taken by compassion.
It's just love that brings you home.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 12:29 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:44 am No mate...no thing known as I has that power to undo this immediate none doing doing...there is no time machine here, to go back and undo split milk.
So for you everything is an illusion but not time...
Time for you is an absolute.

But time is what you have generated!

Let yourself be taken by compassion.
It's just love that brings you home.
But that’s just your story there.

Means nothing to me here.

Homelessness is my home here.

Love is overrated.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:17 pm But that’s just your story there.

Means nothing to me here.

Homelessness is my home here.

Love is overrated.
Yes, it is my story.

But I see that you suffer.
And suffer without hope.

I too have suffered and suffer.

But now my suffering has a certainty.

Which does not concern myself, but the Good.
And therefore it is universal.

So I can't fail to say that word that could perhaps be of some use..
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Why do you guys.

Break up your posts.

Into single sentences and statements.

That seem profound only because they stand alone.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:48 pm Why do you guys.

Break up your posts.

Into single sentences and statements.

That seem profound only because they stand alone.
Short and isolated sentences point to simplicity of expression.

The writer is forced to clarity and this makes him even more responsible of what he writes.

It would also improve reading.

This has nothing to do with the possible depth.
Rather, if you write a nonsense this is more evident.
Last edited by bobmax on Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.